It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video - Unknown Object Caught Making Tight Turns over Austria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Source

Australia - 01-18-11

We've written some software that detects and records movement (specifically aimed at UFO research). The video (below), was captured by someone using our software in Austria.

The object appears from above the cloud layer on the left and moves at high speed over the city before performing a very sharp, 90 degree turn.

Then you can see it disappearing off camera over to the right.

The object is cylindrical in appearance. There is a blue overlay on the object which is generated by the software to highlight motion.

You will have to go to the source to watch the video. I could not find it on youtube and have no idea how to get that video to play in the thread. Interesting video though.

Could possibly be a bug but I'm no expert.

The title say Austria and the description says Australia, so as to where it took place I have no idea.

Just thought I would bring this to attention here as if this is not a bug it is a good video of an actual UFO.

Any thoughts?

Pred...
edit on 29-1-2011 by predator0187 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

it flys like a bird..
(or superman)..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Could possibly be a bug but I'm not expert.

AH! Self debunking
Thanks

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Kept wondering about the blue lights, and then realized it was the software after I read it a second time.

The object appears from above the cloud layer on the left and moves at high speed over the city before performing a very sharp, 90 degree turn. Then you can see it disappearing off camera over to the right. The object is cylindrical in appearance. There is a blue overlay on the object which is generated by the software to highlight motion.

ETA: I wish they had a clip without the overlay. It would be helpful.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
its a weather balloon

nice find

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To me, it looks like the video is a time lapse. It doesn't look real time at all. So whatever it is, it isn't actual speed.

It could be a normal aircraft descending from the clouds and making small adjustments and getting ready to land.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Could be a time lapse, but doesn't look long enough to be too significant. The clouds in the background show no movement so it couldn't have been over a long period of time.

I also don't think it could be a plane, it goes up and down multiple times, and although I do understand perspective i couldn't see a plane behaving like this.

I just thought it was a good video.

Pred...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
hmm, pretty interesting. It could be a bug, but it seems pretty far away. I wish it didnt have the blue underlay enhancement, but still pretty interesting. Pretty cool that someone created this type of software. Hopefully more people use it and more clearer videos with better proof might come out soon!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

No, the clouds do move move, just not very much. Speed up the video and you will see. It might not have been windy at the time, or the clouds are too far away to appear to move fast.

I don't think the jet is moving up and down, I think it is perspective and the aircraft is just turning towards and away from the camera. Ive seen plenty of aircraft act this way...

It looks exactly like an aircraft in time lapse. I am pretty certain it is time lapse because you can see the tree moving oddly, and the lights in the background are odd. It has the classic time lapse characteristics.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It acts like a bug to me, but is it winter in Austria? That would mean most likely not a bug, however if it's Australia then yes it could be a bug but who knows it could be anything.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
No, the clouds do move move, just not very much. Speed up the video and you will see. It might not have been windy at the time, or the clouds are too far away to appear to move fast.
It looks exactly like an aircraft in time lapse.
I couldn't get the video to play in the latest firefox but it played in an old version of IE.

I think a plane in time lapse is as good a guess as any.

The very small cloud movement certainly doesn't rule out time lapse since clouds have been known to move slowly sometimes at night.

The motion could be consistent with an aircraft with lights on.

I'm not certain that's what it is, but I don't see any reason to rule it out, and I don't see a more likely explanation. This also highlights the desire yo get as much source information as possible for videos posted, like date, time, location, original soundtrack, etc. The more we know about a video, the more seriously I take it. The less we know, the less seriously.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Probably a bug caught in the light or a bird, the blue overlay does not help matters.

One things it not, not real time, deffo time lapse and gives the impression of length when there's none there, its a pin point.

TBH, not worth more time...

top topics

join