It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO in fresno, CA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Claim: It's a plane

Evidence:
* Visual -
The video suggests no other movements than that of a plane. No 90 degree turns, there are no excessive speeds and no morphing.

- Credit: gift0fpr0phecy

The lights are all there:

Navigation lights: All aircraft are equipped with a steady light near the leading edge of each wingtip. When facing forward from the perspective of the pilot, the light on the right wingtip is green while that on the left wing is red. The different colors make it possible for an outside observer, such as the pilot of another aircraft, to determine which direction the plane is flying. These navigation lights are most useful at night when it is more difficult to tell the direction the plane is going without them.

Navigation or Position lights: In addition to the red and green lights, most planes are also fitted with other steady white navigation lights in various locations. Large airliners, in particular, will often have such lighting on the trailing edge of each wingtip. These lights are also sometimes placed along the trailing edges of the horizontal tail. Another popular location is at the very aft end of the fuselage or at the top of the vertical tail. One of these latter lights placed along the aircraft centerline is especially common on smaller airliners and commuter planes. Whatever the location, the purpose of these steady white lights is to improve the plane's visibility from behind the aircraft.

Anti-Collision Beacon lights: Two beacon lights are fitted to aircraft near the center of the fuselage. One is located on top of the fuselage and the other on the bottom. These lights are colored reddish orange and rotate to produce a flashing effect. The beacons are turned on just before the engines are started and they remain active until the last engine is shut down. The beacons help to serve as a safety warning to ground personnel that the engines are operational.

Strobe lights: High-intensity strobe lights that flash a white-colored light are located on each wingtip. Most smaller planes are only equipped with one of these strobes near the leading edge just behind the red or green navigation light. Larger airliners may be equipped with an additional strobe at the trailing edge as well. These flashing lights are very bright and intended to attract attention during flight. They are sometimes also used on the runway and during taxi to make the plane more conspicuous.

Logo lights: These lights are not required but are common on most commercial aircraft. The lights are usually located on the surface of or at the tips of the horizontal stabilizer. The steady white lights are used to illuminate the company's logo painted on the vertical tail. While useful for advertising, the primary purpose of these lights is safety since the bright lights help to make the plane more visible.

Wing lights: Many airliners feature lights along the root of the wing leading edge that can be used to illuminate the wing and engine pylons in flight. These lights may be used to make the plane more visible during takeoff and landing or to inspect the wings for damage in flight. Pilots can also use the wing lights to inspect the wings and slats for any ice accretion that might build up when flying through clouds.

Taxi lights: A bright white lamp is located on the nose landing gear strut of most planes. This light is typically turned on whenever the aircraft is in motion on the ground for greater visibility during taxi, takeoff, and landing.

Landing lights: Bright white landing lights are usually fitted to most planes for enhanced visibility during the landing approach. These lights can also be used to illuminate the runway at poorly lit airports. They are often required for night landings but also commonly used during the day as well to make the plane more noticeable. While the usage of these lights is common, their location can vary from plane to plane. Landing lights may be located in the wing root, in the outboard wing, or somewhere along the forward fuselage. Some aircraft are equipped with multiple sets of landing lights in more than one of these locations. The 737, for example, has inboard landing lights located in the wing root as well as outboard landing lights in the outboard flap fairings.

Runway Turnoff lights: Usually located in the leading edge of the wing root, these bright white lamps are intended to provide side and forward lighting during taxi and when turning off the runway. These lights are most useful at poorly lit airports but are usually unnecessary. The lights can also be used in flight if greater visibility is required.

Wheel Well lights: Some planes are equipped with additional lights in the nose and main gear wheel wells. These lights are provided primarily to assist ground personnel in making pre-flight inspections of a plane at night.

Source

All of the lights in the video are conventional modern day airplane features.

Credibility of The Author:

The author of the video DOES live by an airport and is important piece of evidence. Why someone would suggest that the airport should not be evidence is just crazy. It's a fact. He lives by an airport and is subject to planes landing and taking off. FACT.

He even says in the following video:

and why is it that some of you people only seem to look at a couple of my videos that look like planes. Maybe they do look like planes and maybe they are and maybe they are not. I put them on there to teach people that these things may not be planes.

He even says that they may be planes. Along with this he even has videos of airplanes on his page:

Why is the other side of this argument "It's not a plane"?!?!

Well then what is it?! Research and get back to me another reasonable explanation other than, "it's a U.F.O.", "it could be anything".

So this could be a typewriter? a chair? E.T?

You tell me what it is. Make a claim. Stand up. Prove to me that is something else.

Show me another object with the same properties seen in the video. Go ahead.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Cmon man those headlights look NOTHING like what he filmed and you know it. Stop kidding yourself.

In your photo we can clearly see the shape of an airplane and those are clearly headlights.

Here i took a snapshot of the "airplane" and edited it to try and make out a shape:

i101.photobucket.com...

Here is the original snap shot straight from youtube:

i101.photobucket.com...

Do you see an airplane anywhere in there? I sure dont...

If you can muster up footage of airplanes next to an airport and get footage that looks like that, then i will happily agree that its an airplane. Your references are not anywhere close to what he filmed.

edit on 30-1-2011 by demonseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

In case no one else has told you (I just watched it):

Sorry if this has been posted before...

Yes, yes it has. If not THIS exact one, another then also from Fresno. I commented on it then, and now....IT IS AN AIRPLANE!!!

Clear as day (or night) @0:31 Navigation lights clearly visible.

Not your video, is it??? Because, the person behind the camera is either intentionally hoaxing, or utterly clueless....first make you mad, second make you sad.....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

In case no one else has told you (I just watched it):

Sorry if this has been posted before...

Yes, yes it has. If not THIS exact one, another then also from Fresno. I commented on it then, and now....IT IS AN AIRPLANE!!!

Clear as day (or night) @0:31 Navigation lights clearly visible.

Not your video, is it??? Because, the person behind the camera is either intentionally hoaxing, or utterly clueless....first make you mad, second make you sad.....

Everyone already agreed that it starts off looking like an airplane. Later on in the video is what we cannot identify.

Start watching at 1:20 or click my links above and you will see that it looks strange.

we can always brush things off but at that point we wont get anywhere. If everything that flies is an airplane or helicopter then i have no point in debating this topic.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Do you see an airplane anywhere in there? I sure dont.

Yes, in fact as I stated earlier I see a plane the WHOLE time.
I'm sorry you don't see what I see.

If you can muster up footage of airplanes next to an airport and get footage that looks like that, then i will happily agree that its an airplane. Your references are not anywhere close to what he filmed.

Why would I do research for you?! I have contributed to this thread in case you haven't noticed. Why don't YOU go an "muster" up footage. Plus I am fairly certain that anything I can "muster" would be shot down anyway. I already brought evidence. Where is yours.. In fact, What exactly is your claim?!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wait.. your asking me to bring evidence to back up your own claim?

If you are 100% certain that this is an airplane landing at night then a simple youtube search of "plane landing at night at [insert any airport here]" would easily yield a good result.

The fact that you have to result in diagrams and un-related photos is evidence that you know something weird is going on here but you do not want to admit it.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

OK...I'll bite:

Start watching at 1:20 or click my links above and you will see that it looks strange

NOPE, not "strange" at all...you are seeing an airplane, lit up at night (as they tend to be), and seeing it from different angles.

It's called "perspective".

NOW< I scrolled quickly past cluckerspud's post, but the images I glanced at looked mighty, mighty good to me....I'll take a closer look.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YUP!!! THIS POST RIGHT HERE nails it. I see, even gave credit where due, that is gallant.

Did you have any difficulty understand the text and descriptions? I can help. Only been flying airplanes for almost 40 years.......

edit on 30 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Wait.. your asking me to bring evidence to back up your own claim?

If you are 100% certain that this is an airplane landing at night then a simple youtube search of "plane landing at night at [insert any airport here]" would easily yield a good result.

The fact that you have to result in diagrams and un-related photos is evidence that you know something weird is going on here but you do not want to admit it.

I'm not asking anything from you. You suggested that I go "muster" up some videos to suffice you. Remember?!?!?!

What is your claim and what is your evidence. Instead of nitpicking my words. Enlighten me as to your claim, and your evidence to back up YOUR claim.

My opinion is not OP here. The OP is the video you presented. What claim can you make on the video?! THE VIDEO.... YOU PRESENTED.. All you added to your OP was

Helicopter? Plane? I really dont think so...

So then what is it?! Forget me and my silly thoughts. What's in the video!? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS IN THE VIDEO AND HOW DID YOU ARRIVE AT THAT CONCLUSION?!

Why is that so hard for you to answer?!

Don't tell me what it's NOT. Tell me what you think it IS and how you figure.

Ready, set, GO!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

My "theory" is that it might be something trying to copy the image of an airplane.

If beings where out there and they didnt want us to see them it would be a good idea to have some form of "cloaking" or hallucination tech.

That way the average person would brush it off as just an airplane or whatever. However, you obviously cant just take footage and say "its a cloaked UFO". But that said, If something looks odd im not going to lie to myself and say it doesn't.

The video i posted does not appear to show a definitive airplane. There are parts in the video that indicate it looks "similar" to an airplane, but that doesn't mean it guarantee's it being one.

so far your evidence hasn't provided a definitive answer, either. i was suggesting you get evidence to support your theory that it is definitively an airplane.

Again, footage of an airplane looking just like that and i will agree.

here is what i found:

www.youtube.com...

Clearly identifiable airplane.

Here's a close up:
www.youtube.com...

Its easy to call it an airplane if thats all you want to see. But if you have an open mind you might realize that things are not what they seem.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

My "theory" is that it might be something trying to copy the image of an airplane.

If beings where out there and they didnt want us to see them it would be a good idea to have some form of "cloaking" or hallucination tech.

That way the average person would brush it off as just an airplane or whatever. However, you obviously cant just take footage and say "its a cloaked UFO". If something looks odd, im going to say it does.

The video i posted does not appear to show a definitive airplane. There are parts in the video that indicate it looks "similar" to an airplane, but that doesn't mean it guarantee's it being one.

so far your evidence hasn't provided a definitive answer, either. i was suggesting you get evidence to support your theory that it is definitively an airplane.

Again, footage of an airplane looking just like that and i will agree.

here is what i found:

www.youtube.com...

Clearly identifiable airplane.

Here's a close up:
www.youtube.com...

Its easy to call it an airplane if thats all you want to see. But if you have an open mind you might realize that things are not what they seem.

Thank you! That's all I needed to hear and it's all that is ever expected of members here. I am not your adversary, just a mind that works different than others. I see a plane. For that I don't think we should be enemies

I have not seen any real examples of extraterrestrials cloaking or controlled experiments in this field especially in the realm of aircraft in the sky, So i just don't subscribe to the idea that this is a U.F.O. cloaked as a plane.

Sorry. Can we agree that we disagree?!

Happy hunting.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Fair enough.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Sorry, but this is quite a stretch....of imagination. And, an insult to logic:

Pure poppycock, and just trying to fit a square peg in round hole of "belief"...

The video i posted does not appear to show a definitive airplane.

Sure does to me.....how many years of experience to you possess, looking at airplanes from all angles, and with various lighting patterns?

What is confusing you is the lack of visual references to the airframe...the solid, fixed association of those lights, as installed, relative to each other....as the angles change, it can be very illusory.

Simple, really. Now, what isn't available to me is a way to show you conclusively. (I haven't found any such video, yet...IF one even exists). I'm thinking of a 3-D rendering, that can be rotated to show various angles of view.

I have neither the software, nor expertise to do that. Maybe someone else???

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Sorry, but this is quite a stretch....of imagination. And, an insult to logic:

Pure poppycock, and just trying to fit a square peg in round hole of "belief"...

The video i posted does not appear to show a definitive airplane.

Sure does to me.....how many years of experience to you possess, looking at airplanes from all angles, and with various lighting patterns?

What is confusing you is the lack of visual references to the airframe...the solid, fixed association of those lights, as installed, relative to each other....as the angles change, it can be very illusory.

Simple, really. Now, what isn't available to me is a way to show you conclusively. (I haven't found any such video, yet...IF one even exists). I'm thinking of a 3-D rendering, that can be rotated to show various angles of view.

I have neither the software, nor expertise to do that. Maybe someone else???

Why go through the trouble? Is it really that hard to find and/or just film a plane landing?

Im sure you'll eventually find an identical looking shot if planes do in fact look like this.

I provided shots of planes landing, and it looked completely different than the video posted. Especially nearing the end of the original video.

Again, if you truly think this is all balony and has no bearing whatsoever, just simply find an identical looking shot of a plane landing(or at least flying low).

Planes are a pretty common occurance, wouldnt you agree?

Finding a similar looking shot would be simple then, would it not?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm curious...when this "fake plane" lands at the airport, does it pull up to a "fake gate" and have "aliens" disembark? An alien "ground crew"? How far does their hoaxing go?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

...Planes are a pretty common occurance, wouldnt you agree?
Finding a similar looking shot would be simple then, would it not?

Not identical, but similar enough:

edit on 1/30/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Re-creating the exact angles, and the same type of airplane? AND< just by scouring YouTube??

No, not likely to find them. Also, this guy in Fresno was shooting with telephoto. FURTHER distorting angles, making it harder to know the actual distance he was from the airplane, etc.

Here's a different type of airplane, but similar delusion by the videographer...."fake" airplane!! LOL!! He's a crackpot:

You can clearly hear the engines, the jet is descending, and the thrust is set to flight idle. THAT is what they sound like, in that condition. It makes a shallow left turn, away from the camera.

It IS a jet, but the light pattern isn't familiar to me...there are SO MANY new airplanes out, all those new commuter-style "mini"-jets. Embraer, Canadair, etc. I KNOW all of the major larger Boeing and McDonnel Douglas airliners, by their light patterns. Not so up on Airbus, but I know how to research.

That video.....the landing light physical mounting locatons can vary....they can be embedded, streamlined into the wing leading edge, they can be on motorized mounts that drop down, into the airflow, and fold up flush with the underside of the wing when turned off...they can be mounted on the landing gear struts. (MOST taxi lights are located on the nose gear strut....and they turn, on the ground, as you steer left or right. Others supplement those, and fixed straight ahead).

THAT video, the landing gear looks down, because I see the taxi light, it's obvious by location. AS the airplane goes "broadside" to the camera, you see more lights....mounted on the sides of the fuselage. THOSE are called 'wing' or 'ice' lights, depends on model of airplane and the nomenclature chosen. They shine out on the wings (Duh!) to be able to visually detect icing build-up, at night. Other lights on the sides of the fuselage (some airplanes, other places on others) are "Runway Turn-Off" lights....like the cornering lights on your car.

This describes just the B-757: www.biggles-software.com...

This may repeat what cluckerspud already posted, but scroll to the pretty diagram of the MD-11:

www.aerospaceweb.org...

The only OTHER way to properly instruct you is outside the limitations of an online forum, such as this.

There is no substitute for actual, practical hands-on learning and teaching. Impossible to do, here.......

edit on 30 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

All of those videos show a clear view of headlights and a few blinking lights.

Nothing like this:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

All of those videos show a clear view of headlights and a few blinking lights.

Nothing like this:

The difference is that the video presented in in the OP is taken through high zoom levels and is often out of focus. So of course the videos I posted don't look "exactly" the same as the original video.

The videos I posted, plus the video posted by weedwhacker and the pictures posted by cluckerspud, all show similar lighting arrangements and colors to the one in your video. I see the red nav lights, the green nav lights, the strobes, and the white landing lights on the videos you posted AND on the videos and pictures posted in rebuttal. Our videos and pictures show that lighting to be similar to a normal plane's lighting arrangement --

especially THIS comparison posted by cluckerspud (Credit: gift0fpr0phecy):

edit on 1/31/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

dah !! thats what is even says.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join