It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO in fresno, CA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by planetzog

That is another video from the same guy. Obviously he lives near an airport and is filming aircraft banking and turning... Sorry but the guy doesn't seem too bright.

Again, you make a lot of assumptions when you dont know anything about the guy or his whereabouts.

How can you claim he 'doesnt seem to bright' when you've never met him?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Look at this video from the same guy:

"wierd UFO shape SHIFTING helicopter look 14-15 second mark"

This guy is filming a helicopter, and he thinks it is a UFO shape shifting into a helicopter.... Obviously this guy is not of sound mind, and belongs in a mental institution, or is just a hoaxer.

It's like the male version of Alison Kruse.

Again, you attack the poor guy because he may or may not have filmed a UFO and call him all sorts!

Would it be fair for me to say you're not of sound and should belong in a mental institution just because we dont agree??

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
MOD NOTE: It is fair game for members to voice their opinions on material presented here. Whether it be positive or negative, as long as it is within the T&C.

What we do NOT allow is members to attack and focus on other members. Let us remember that.

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on January 29th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So what exactly so suggest we are seeing here? are you suggesting it's military? is it being piloted by an extraterrestrial entity? is it a time traveler?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Here is a full frontal shot of the OP's jet:

Here is a comparison with your image..

The only reason they look different is because the OP's aircraft is much further away. This causes the light to bloom, and scatter, and cone outwards, and it makes the lights look bigger. However you can still see the green navigation light and the red navigation light on each wing tip.

The jet in the OP's video is turning, and this is what it looks like after it made the turn:

Here is a comparison with a jet on the ground:

Obviously in the OP's video you can see what is called the "logo light" on the tail wing which lights up the logo on the tail. You can even see the tail light that is on top of the tail wing in the OP's image. You can also see the green navigation light (which is always on the right wing of an aircraft). You can see both red beacons on top and bottom (the comparison image only shows the top red beacon because the bottom one is behind the jet engine). You can see the main wing lights too. Sometimes lights even reflect on the jet and appear to be extra lights.

The angle of the jet in the comparison image is not the same angle as the OP's so there is minor differences... but you should get the idea.

Here is a diagram of common lights:

Notice the "logo" on the tail. The two red beacons, one on top, one on bottom. The right green light and red left lights. The landing lights, etc.

It most definitely is a jet.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud

So what exactly so suggest we are seeing here? are you suggesting it's military? is it being piloted by an extraterrestrial entity? is it a time traveler?

If I knew what it was I would have told you by now.

But you will see from my previous replies that I called it a 'UFO'.

It could be anything but to say its definitely a plane is wrong. The only way to confirm its a plane is to check with the local airport and see which plane landed at that time then produce images of that plane to confirm its the same one on the video.

Seeing as a few here (including you) say its definitely a plane, they should produce the evidence to back their claims.

No-one said the craft was alien or time travellers.
edit on 29-1-2011 by planetzog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Well done. I am amazed that such a diagram would need to even be made to show that this is an airplane. We have books and all sorts of information on planes. They are a tangible object that can be touched, diagrammed, researched and studied and yet so little is known of them. But people are certainly experts about U.F.O.'s.

The object in the video, does not even move in a manner that would suggest technological wonder at all.

In fact it moves amazingly like a plane.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Thanks for the grabs & verifying my own conclusions about the tail.
For a minute, I thought I was seeing it all wrong. Nice work.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by planetzog

It could be anything but to say its definitely a plane is wrong. The only way to confirm its a plane is to check with the local airport and see which plane landed at that time then produce images of that plane to confirm its the same one on the video.

Seeing as a few here say its definitely a plane, they should produce the evidence to back their claims.

You yourself have said "It could be anything". So why can't it be a plane?

How is a plane "wrong"? What evidence do you have showing this to be anything but a plane?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

You contradict yourself and assume things to suit you.

No, I rarely ever contradict myself, I make sure of it.

The microphone 'might' not be good enough? Is that because the 'plane' is near and cannot be heard??

I said "might" because it is a possibility that the cameras microphone is not good enough to pick up the low frequency sounds of a jet that is far away, that is why you can't hear it.

I assume the microphone is not good enough because it is a camcorder microphone which is MONO, and most camcorder microphones are not very powerful, and they are designed to not pick up a lot of background noise, and reduce wind noise.

The aircraft is obviously nowhere near the camera man because he has to zoom in pretty far to get a good look at it.

Jets these days are extremely quiet??

Yes, they have passed several laws to help reduce aircraft noise pollution, so pilots fly differently, and they also have designed aircraft engines to be more quiet. These are possibilities...

However, I believe the jet is landing, far away. When jets are landing they throttle down the engines to slow down... so they are very quiet.

As you can see, the lights are very bright which suggest the craft is close and not far away.

The man has to zoom in very far to get a good shot of it... The jet is far away. The lights are not exactly bright, they are just blooming out and scattering because of distance, and or because of camera settings.

Plus you said it had its landing lights on which suggests its going to land and not far away.

It is landing in a location far away from the camera....

I know this because it seems to be descending, and it also passes behind trees. It's obviously a jet landing.

You say some planes have more lights than other so please show me evidence of these planes.

Different planes have different amounts of lights... that is an obvious fact that doesn't need any evidence. You can look it up your self if you wish.

All jets have a bare minimum of lights. Those are the FAA standard lights. However, nothing is stopping any aircraft owner/maker from adding more lights. Larger jets usually have more lights than smaller jets, and other aircraft.

Can you please show me a plane with the same lights as the on the video?

You said it was definitely a plane so prove it.

I did both in my previous post.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Here is a full frontal shot of the OP's jet:

Here is a comparison with your image..

The only reason they look different is because the OP's aircraft is much further away. This causes the light to bloom, and scatter, and cone outwards, and it makes the lights look bigger. However you can still see the green navigation light and the red navigation light on each wing tip.

The jet in the OP's video is turning, and this is what it looks like after it made the turn:

Here is a comparison with a jet on the ground:

Obviously in the OP's video you can see what is called the "logo light" on the tail wing which lights up the logo on the tail. You can even see the tail light that is on top of the tail wing in the OP's image. You can also see the green navigation light (which is always on the right wing of an aircraft). You can see both red beacons on top and bottom (the comparison image only shows the top red beacon because the bottom one is behind the jet engine). You can see the main wing lights too. Sometimes lights even reflect on the jet and appear to be extra lights.

The angle of the jet in the comparison image is not the same angle as the OP's so there is minor differences... but you should get the idea.

Here is a diagram of common lights:

Notice the "logo" on the tail. The two red beacons, one on top, one on bottom. The right green light and red left lights. The landing lights, etc.

It most definitely is a jet.

You claim its the side view of a plane.

Well with lights that bright I still dont see the structure of a plane.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You contradict yourself and assume things to suit you.

No, I rarely ever contradict myself, I make sure of it.

The microphone 'might' not be good enough? Is that because the 'plane' is near and cannot be heard??

I said "might" because it is a possibility that the cameras microphone is not good enough to pick up the low frequency sounds of a jet that is far away, that is why you can't hear it.

I assume the microphone is not good enough because it is a camcorder microphone which is MONO, and most camcorder microphones are not very powerful, and they are designed to not pick up a lot of background noise, and reduce wind noise.

The aircraft is obviously nowhere near the camera man because he has to zoom in pretty far to get a good look at it.

Jets these days are extremely quiet??

Yes, they have passed several laws to help reduce aircraft noise pollution, so pilots fly differently, and they also have designed aircraft engines to be more quiet. These are possibilities...

However, I believe the jet is landing, far away. When jets are landing they throttle down the engines to slow down... so they are very quiet.

As you can see, the lights are very bright which suggest the craft is close and not far away.

The man has to zoom in very far to get a good shot of it... The jet is far away. The lights are not exactly bright, they are just blooming out and scattering because of distance, and or because of camera settings.

Plus you said it had its landing lights on which suggests its going to land and not far away.

It is landing in a location far away from the camera....

I know this because it seems to be descending, and it also passes behind trees. It's obviously a jet landing.

You say some planes have more lights than other so please show me evidence of these planes.

Different planes have different amounts of lights... that is an obvious fact that doesn't need any evidence. You can look it up your self if you wish.

All jets have a bare minimum of lights. Those are the FAA standard lights. However, nothing is stopping any aircraft owner/maker from adding more lights. Larger jets usually have more lights than smaller jets, and other aircraft.

Can you please show me a plane with the same lights as the on the video?

You said it was definitely a plane so prove it.

I did both in my previous post.

You say its a plane because the lights look similar to one. This is your best evidence. Your argument contains contradictions, ifs, buts and maybes to suit your argument.

And you claim you make sure you never contradict yourself!!

Says it all!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

At least he has a claim and evidence. His claim is that it's an airplane, with evidence to show.

You claim "it could be anything" with no evidence to show.

Look I get it... It's a U.F.O. in the sense that it's unidentifiable by looking at it. But by piecing together the details about what we know and can see, it all points to an "airplane".

It seriously couldn't be more obvious.

Object has been identified. It is only a U.F.O. to you cause you refuse to accept that facts.

Ocams Razor here pal.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

You say its a plane because the lights look similar to one. This is your best evidence. Your argument contains contradictions, ifs, buts and maybes to suit your argument.

Says it all!

Contradict?! Read this statement by you!!!

It could be anything but to say its definitely a plane is wrong.

If being a plane is wrong, then how can it be "anything".

You may have convinced yourself that you know a great deal, but you are showing everyone just how little you understand.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Seeing as a few here say its definitely a plane, they should produce the evidence to back their claims.

You yourself have said "It could be anything". So why can't it be a plane?

How is a plane "wrong"? What evidence do you have showing this to be anything but a plane?

It wasnt me who said it was definitely a plane was it?

The OP said he didnt think it was a plane or a helicopter and I agree with him. That doesnt mean I'm saying it was an alien spacecraft. But thats what you immediately jumped on because in your world, anyone who believes in aliens belong in a mental institution.

In my opinion, there are too many lights on it, no sound and it is not far away as already suggested. And as I've already pointed out, there have been numerous reports of UFOs with red and blue flashing lights. Feel free to check this out and you will also see there have been many sightings of UFOs over Fresno.

You agreed with another poster who first claimed the plane was head on and was going to land but he then said the plane was far away and it was a side view.

Its you who claimed it was a plane but showed no evidence to prove it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Again, you make a lot of assumptions when you dont know anything about the guy or his whereabouts.

How can you claim he 'doesnt seem to bright' when you've never met him?

I know he lives in Fresno. After reading his comments, I know he lives in Northwest Fresno. I know Fresno has 3 large airports all around it..

Fresno Yosemite International
Fresno Chandler Executive Airport
Sierra Sky Park Airport

I don't need to meet him. He has video of himself talking about several subjects. I read his posts, I listened to him speak. And I watch him continuously call normal aircraft "UFO". He thinks UFO's are morphing into aircraft..... Can you say COO COO!

I am a helicopter enthusiast. I know just about everything about helicopters, how they look, how they sound, their names and types, their entire history, and I how to fly them. I have loved helicopters since I was a kid.

The guy filmed an obvious helicopter at night... Every time the strobe light flashes you can see the body of the helicopter, and you can even hear the helicopter pass over head. There is no doubt it was a helicopter, AT ALL. He even mentions it is a helicopter, but he thinks it was a UFO shape shifting.... He OBVIOUSLY filmed a HELICOPTER and called it a UFO. Nobody of sound mind does that... sorry.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You agreed with another poster who first claimed the plane was head on and was going to land but he then said the plane was far away and it was a side view.

Its you who claimed it was a plane but showed no evidence to prove it.

I didn't agree with anyone. I may have inadvertently agreed, but I watched and posted my thoughts on the first page.
It's plane. The evidence is in the OP. The video shows its a plane. What evidence needs to be brought to the table?
Another poster was patient enough with your level of knowledge in this area and did a nice diagram for you. Wasn't even necessary in my opinion. I showed my 6 year old son the video and he asked me, "daddy, why did you why did you tape a plane", then he pick his nose and ran out of the room.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Says it all!

Contradict?! Read this statement by you!!!

It could be anything but to say its definitely a plane is wrong.

If being a plane is wrong, then how can it be "anything".

You may have convinced yourself that you know a great deal, but you are showing everyone just how little you understand.

You dont know the meaning of contradiction do you? Just like you dont know anything about aircraft and UFOs.

So what do you know about UFOs and aircraft in general?

Anything means it could be a plane. But I dont think its a plane. Get it!

You claim its a plane and cannot be anything else. Why?

Come on then prove to me its a plane. Having similar lights is not proof.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The lights are not bright... Listen and watch the OP's video from 0:23 to 0:29.

The lights appear bright, and then the brightness dims as you hear the camera man pushing buttons. He says and I quote:

I got to turn these...turn the exposure down.

This means he is messing with the exposure control on the camera. A longer exposure creates brighter looking lights. The aircraft is NOT CLOSE TO HIM.

At 0:05 you can see how far the aircraft is. At 0:09 he zooms in pretty far. At 0:29 after he turns the exposure down, he zooms in even further.

Obviously the aircraft is way too far away to be heard. And if you listen you can hear VEHICLES passing by the road he is on, which will cancel out the sound of the jet.

In the beginning of the video, the jet is facing the camera, but it is turning. By the end of the video the aircraft is flying to the right of the screen. So we see a front view and a side view of the aircraft.

This is pretty obvious stuff.
edit on 29-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join