It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt goes into chaos. museums and hospitals being looted

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Egypt goes into chaos. museums and hospitals being looted

www.flickr.com

Egyptian Museum of Antiquities faced before few hours to the risk of vandalism, assault and theft.

It seems the situation is very bad and it shows through the news that there are groups seriously violated in the masses of the people and make danger theft. .. While now during a call from Dr Zahi Hawas President of the Supreme Council of Antiquities, Egypt with Alarabia Tv , said that the museum is safe now and he mentioned that yesterday there are 9 persons entered the museum by using of the withdrawal of police and then stole some pieces of the Antiquities. No soon the army arrested them an
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.allvoices.com
news.yahoo.com
Looting spreading to citys
edit on 29-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Perhaps the worst casualty so far in the egyptian revolt...looters are now raiding the museums and hospitals.

These artifacts -are- far more important than the people..it is the lifeblood of egypt and arguably the worlds culture. mobs are running and ransacking areas now.

Why? Are extremist taliban style anti-cultureists smashing these ancient statues and idols?

I would encourage egypt to deploy the military in force around these world artifacts..to shoot and kill with extreme prejudice any whom would go in to loot or vandalize the museums.

This burns me up...in 1000 years, long after this is over, these artifacts will remain...yet some ---holes will try to smash it up for some issue of the day. These mindsets need to be eradicated.

Anarchy is bad.

www.flickr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The way my mind works is that all of this is stirred up from the Bloodlines for their end game scenairos, and that it was probably black ops that broke in to steal exactly the artifacts that the west powers wanted.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It was already reported the looters are indeed agents of the Central Security Agency - and probably Police force who want to force the military against the demonstrators.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

There are many reports on twitter that its the police doing all of this looting to keep people in their homes and in fear. Not to mention to discredit the protesters.

I mean their police force has a couple hundred thousand people I believe, and they just disappeared? what?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another example of pyramid schemes gone wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong

There are many reports on twitter that its the police doing all of this looting to keep people in their homes and in fear. Not to mention to discredit the protesters.

I mean their police force has a couple hundred thousand people I believe, and they just disappeared? what?

Reports of vigilantee groups forming to stop looters.

I think there is a difference. I actually am not as angered about people looting..they are stealing stuff to sell back. Its a horrific crime, but not nearly as bad as the ones that are just going in and breaking stuff.

The police are all but gone now, its the mob rule, and with that, there will be plenty of opportunists trying to make a buck. Anyone blaming all things on police, or some secret government doing all bad things are either purposefully lying, or just dumb.

Some may be going on that is orchistrated...but consider this...a protestor notes a clear line to king tuts treasure...he makes about 12 bucks a year...what do you think he will do.

multiply that by hundreds of thousands.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Myself, i would have gladly given the order to shoot to kill protecting the Museum's, that is pure robbery and has nothing what so ever to do with a change of government.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Indeed. The sudden disappearance of the police force in Cairo and the sudden increase in looting by 'civilians' is least to say suspect.

And from what I have read, the army is now defending the more important structures in Cairo

Egyptian army secures Cairo antiquities museum protecting from looters (AP)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 29-1-2011 by flk1331 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Soldiers enter museum

Meanwhile, soldiers have entered the Egyptian Museum in Cairo to secure it from looters, as anti-government protests continued in the capital in defiance of a curfew.

Early on Saturday morning, soldiers secured the museum and its grounds, located near some of the most intense of the mass anti-government protests in the capital.

The museum is home to priceless ancient artifacts, some dating back 5,000 years. Many artefacts lay damaged on the floor, but officials said nothing had been stolen.

Before the army arrived, young Egyptians - some armed with truncheons grabbed off the police - created a human chain at the museum's front gate to prevent looters from making off with any of the artefacts.

Smashed artifacts...grrr

Thank goodness some created a barrier to stop the theft..pity they didn't get their earlier to stop the smashing
edit on 29-1-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Why? Are extremist taliban style anti-cultureists smashing these ancient statues and idols?

Maybe they are not ALL Egyptian.

I smell rats with big spoons stirring the pot. I could be wrong but IF TPTB have had a hand in planning any of this, what better way to cause trouble, descent and mixed feelings among the masses there and in the observing world?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

When you say police are all but gone, where did they go?I've heard reports of the same thing in Tunisia. Large numbers of police in plain clothes were common place in Egypt even before this went down. I'm sure some people are looting for the hell of it dont get me wrong. But if I was a dictator wanting to cling on to power, its definitely a tactic I'd use.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

It is Iraq all over, amidst the war, major art dealers looted the museum's and many items found there way into the black market.
edit on 29-1-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It is an absolute shame that whenever a country goes through rule change, one side or the other, or in some cases the middle, resorts to theft, defacement and even destruction of cultural antiquities. This has happened throughout history and is used to enrich the perpetrators and/or demean the victims by erasing their past.

I agree that these items should be protected, but am reserving my opinion on just WHY these things were done, in view of the political environment. I don't think we will know reason until we know positively who perpetrated this act.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This just breaks my heart that they are destroying antiquities and going into the hospitals. What started as protest to better the gov is now extending into an excuse for criminals to loot and destroy. I hope this gets better soon, perhaps the people that don't want to be among the criminals will go back and protect their homes. This morning watching CNN they showed people on the street with babies and small children, is this worth getting your children hurt or killed? One man was raising his small baby high in the air in the middle of a mass of people in caos. Come on people, its already been shown that TPTB are not going to step down, its time to use logic to protect your selves and loved ones.
edit on 29-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just another example of humans being animals, imagine all the people in the United States that want riots and revolutions, it would happen here too. And actually has happened in the past I might add. Some people that live in this world are just unfit for society they seize any opportunity to ruin everything they come into contact with.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Well, if its an attempt by M to hold onto power by smashing and looting his own museums, its failing.
the people are becoming even more angry at the president because of the looting..they are looking at him as the cause and cure of all the chaos.

I am not blaming the protesters here..they are doing something good (I think). I just see elements in any big crowd will not be there for the good fight, rather, their own fight...

This needs to be put under control now.

Also, if a anti-statue style talibanesque regime is installed in egypt as the fallout and they are discussing blowing up the pyramids and destroying all statues and such, I say the world must invade and remove...some things are simply bigger than any single nation or timeframe in history. Egypts legacy it gives to the world is certainly one of them.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Wait, we're talking about a dictator who has just happened to have been "reelected" for thirty years by landslides every time, elections in which the Muslim Brotherhood got not ONE SINGLE VOTE. This is a dictator who gets over a billion dollars every year from the US to keep internal dissidence squashed because we want to stick with the dictator we know as opposed to the dictator we don't know.

And we're even questioning whether this looting is being committed by the Mubarak forces? Of course it is. The Egyptian people very heavily rely on tourism to bolster their very poor economy, and they in no way want anything that tourists come for to be harmed.
edit on 29-1-2011 by 00nunya00 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In all honesty, I sure would love to own one of those golden and jeweled scarab beetles.

My hopes are that any artifacts stolen will be sold to appreciative collectors and/or museums.
I would hate to see a Buddhas of Bamyan (Afghanistan) event in Egypt.
All the Muslims quoting 2:256 (no compulsion in religion) need to act on those words instead of mere lip-service.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
the stuff in those museums is so incredibly important!! but it is not as important as living human beings. shooting someone over it, is just wrong, but stopping them from looting and damaging the museum is NECESSARY. surely there's a way to do so peacefully. i'm surprised hawass didn't have the real artifacts moved to a safe location and replaced with copies, way before this event occured.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join