It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA and Dentures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Does TSA makes you take out your dentures, since they are plastic and would obviously show up on the scanner?

Seems like they would, doesn't it? But... how embarrassing! Millions of people have dentures!

But if they don't make you take out your dentures... why not? Seems like terrorists could have something in their mouths too, doesn't it?

I searched the TSA website but couldn't find anything, and I did some Google searches, but all that came up was "copy and paste" articles where a lady had her Crest Whiting fixtures taken that were in her luggage. Also, on the Internet, there seems to be an issue with tubes of adhesive. But nothing about dentures.

Has anyone heard anything about this happening?

What would your reaction be to what would amount to an outrageous invasion of privacy?

(Mods please move if it is not in the correct forum. Thanks)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well. I didn't have any luck with dentures, except for a few articles that referred to them as being dangerous weapons, and could indeed be taken by the TSA. But they were vagaries, and didn't have any source backing the claim. I did however, find that pies are exceptionally dangerous. More so than dentures by far. Pies, you see, can explode.

He told me he was keeping watch for pies with cream and custard fillings. Anything that could be construed as a “gel.” He’d already turned away a pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie filling, he confided, “has the same consistency as certain plastic explosives.”

www.elliott.org... emanded/

Now if you have a pie and dentures, who knows what could happen.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Klassified because: ETA

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I did some more hunting. I can't find any article that specifically mentions anyone having to remove their dentures. Let's hope the TSA doesn't read ATS.

I'll have to say though. It would really be an ugly and embarrassing situation, considering most people glue their dentures in. But I figure most people would do it. We allow them to fondle and expose womens breasts and get by with it. I'm not sure what I would do. But I don't plan on finding out either. I refuse to fly.

S&F&Bump BTW.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thanks for your input Klassified. You did better researching than me. I didn't even know about the pies. I'll bet alot of pies went in the trash at Thanksgiving time.

You're right about there not being any articles, this is why I posted it on ATS. It's something no one ever thinks about. Plus my daughter needs to take a flight in Feb. so she was wanting to find out.

I don't know what to tell her though, other than no has reported an incident.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

I have an aunt who flies to the UK at least once a year. She's never had any trouble with her dentures on either side of the ocean.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One woman had to remove her breast; it was a prosthetic after she had had breast cancer. TSA: Totalitarian Stupid Asses.

top topics

join