It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Warning to TPTB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
A Warning to TPTB

I'm watching this with a real feeling of hope unlike the Governments of the world who are wondering if it could ever happen in their countries.

I can only hope........

They can only watch with fear.....

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware
I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down
There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind
I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side
It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound
Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away
We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

The people of Egypt have learned that they are more powerful than any of those in power when they band together. No leaders/opposition....just people... tired of the B.S.

My thoughts go out to them and I hope they show the rest of the world how to not only take a stand, but to overcome tyranny....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Love that song, it just sent me back to my teen years.
These protests seem to be spreading all over the place. People rallying together everywhere.

I just hope it ends well.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
The people of Egypt have learned that they are more powerful than any of those in power when they band together. No leaders/opposition....just people... tired of the B.S.

My thoughts go out to them and I hope they show the rest of the world how to not only take a stand, but to overcome tyranny....

Same for the Tunisians who recently outed their own corrupt government and the parasitic extended family of the President.

Shame that the President's wife ran off with all those gold bars to Dubai though. I hope that bank manager who was given the order to allow this by the president gets what he deserves.

Let's keep a CLOSE eye on all and any replacement governments....trust nobody, examine intentions and demand transparency and accountability. Because a corrupt person gets replaced doesn't mean the replacement isn't also corrupt.

Good luck to the Egyptians and any others who fight for what is right.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Great song,am I really that old? Anybody up on what is going on in albania?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Great song,
Unfortunately, Egypt will be run by the military after they intervene to keep the police from slaughtering protesters.
Same as always, the US will be backing whoever runs the military.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

From what I have seen so far, the military is out in force but are not doing anything to stop the looting that is going on as the police have all but disappeared. I believe that they have been ordered to not interfere, thinking that it will create a chaos that will force the people to hide in their homes and thus prevent them from demonstrating.

But a large group of the population have banded into vigilante groups in order to defend their homes and without any leadership at all, they are managing quite well in my opinion.

If they can show that they can have some semblance of a society without the government as it stands now, TPTB will not win this one, and the Government of Egypt will indeed have to step down.

It is an interesting country to watch as this is the SHTF scenario that has been talked about a lot on ATS and we are seeing what exactly happens with a large group of people when they are put into chaos the way that they have been.

My wish is just that they stay strong and keep to what they believe they need to do in order to invoke change. A sad situation indeed, but one that just might make others think deeply as to what can happen when the people have had enough....

with respect...........

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A former US ambassador to Egypt and to Israel, Martin Indyk, tells the BBC that successive US administrations have tried to warn Hosni Mubarak to take account of the wishes of his people, and says that Barack Obama's White House now appears to have no choice but to side with the Egyptian people.

source

I see that the rest of the world's Governments are starting to realize that the people have the power and not just during times of an election.

They must be trembling and hoping that this ends quickly with little more fanfare before the world's peoples start getting ideas.

Hopefully this is the start of something wonderful... Governments actually listening to the people...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Yes, let TPTB -- be warned! I love this song too, it's truely one of the great ones.

As for Egypt, it's hard to fathom living under a dictatorship for thirty years. Imagine...the kids in their twenties have only known being required to go inside by curfew time. It's all they've ever known! I heard today instead of 4pm, they made it 3:00.

The good citizens continue to blow it off, and good for them. Enough is enough. Godspeed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Their days are numbered.
edit on 31-1-2011 by YesAnotherAmber because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

The BBC's Kevin Connolly in Cairo reports: "Among the best signs, one that says simply: 'People shouldn't be afraid of their government, governments should be afraid of their peoples'."

source

I am so glad that people are starting to realize this that it actually brought a smile to my face.

The people are learning quickly and hopefully this spreads throughout the world and gives a real wake-up call to all those in power.

It's time they are the ones losing sleep at night wondering what tomorrow will bring...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

# 1419: People are using loudspeakers to appeal for calm in Tahrir Square. The army also appears to have parked several lorries across one road near the Egyptian Museum to separate the pro- and anti-government demonstrators. They are still, however, throwing stones at each other. Soldiers have their weapons drawn and one is reportedly firing into the air. The BBC's Ian Pannell says the situation is still very volatile and very dangerous.

As Egypt erupts into absolute chaos and anarchy, my thought's and prayers are with them.

All because of one stubborn old man...

1426: Ola in Egypt writes: "Not only will Mubarak and the Egyptian military be blamed for any bloodshed that happens today, but also the western governments - Obama, the UK and the EU for sitting back and watching. For encouraging him to buy time while watching him use very low tactics."

And the U.S., UK, and EU watch from afar.........Someone has to step up to try and stop this madness..

source

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The BBC's Magdi Abdelhadi says: "The power struggle at the top of the Egyptian establishment is no longer a secret. The legal measures against some of the most powerful people in the political hierarchy are the confirmation of a deep split within the ruling elite. It began over how to respond to the wave of protests demanding that President Mubarak should go. And it worsened as the protesters became more assertive, insisting that the president step down immediately. After his announcement that he wont seek re-election this autumn, the split became a struggle for survival."

The Egyptian state news agency reports that those former ministers prevented from leaving the country include ex-interior minister Habib al-Adly, former housing minister Ahmed el-Maghrabi and former tourism minister Zuhair Garana.

source

It looks like those at the top are now turning upon each other and some even unable to flee the country. Maybe with them stabbing each other in the back, there won't be so many deaths among the common protesters.

I can only hope that this part of their struggle ends soon and the injuries and death soon subsides.
edit on 2/3/2011 by tribewilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

CAIRO – Thousands of state workers and impoverished Egyptians launched strikes and protests around the country on Wednesday over their economic woes as anti-government activists sought to expand their campaign to oust President Hosni Mubarak despite warnings from the vice president that protests won't be tolerated much longer.

Some 8,000 protesters, mainly farmers, set barricades of flaming palm trees in the southern province of Assiut, blocking the main highway and railway to Cairo to complain of bread shortages. They then drove off the governor by pelting his van with stones. Hundreds of slum dwellers in the Suez Canal city of Port Said set fire to part of the governor's headquarters in anger over lack of housing.

source

Fantastic video:

TPTB are now threatening to use violence to stop the peaceful protests..If I was them I would be scared also..

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

The vice-president made a very brief televised statement. He said Mr Mubarak was stepping down for the benefit of the republic.

Full statement from Vice-President Suleiman: "In the name of God the merciful, the compassionate, citizens, during these very difficult circumstances Egypt is going through, President Hosni Mubarak has decided to step down from the office of president of the republic and has charged the high council of the armed forces to administer the affairs of the country. May God help everybody."

source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/27704de4d8a8.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 2/11/2011 by tribewilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good God Tribe, why hasn't this recieved a ton of flags? BUMP BUMP

Love this kind of stuff. Even though they never listen to "We the sheeple" . All they hear is Ba a a a!

new topics

top topics

join