It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

As I said, there is nothing wrong with being satisfied. You are clearly satisfied and that is a great thing.
I support your right to be satisfied and content.

You must understand that there are others who aren't satisfied. These people will take action soon enough in order to live a life that they consider free. If you believe you are free right now that is great. But just promise me you won't stand in the way of those who believe they aren't free and seek to gain their freedom through any means necessary.

This has the potential to be the greatest divider of all.
People who are happy with what little freedoms they have condemning those who demand more freedom.
It will divide us. You'll see neighbor turn against neighbor in order to protect the very system which enslaves them.

I can sum it up no better that this quote from the Matrix

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I wouldn't stop or even say those who rise up are wrong in doing so. What I would complain about is the fact that those who rise up when they could have just moved have now created a more oppresive government and are no longer alive to see it.

I understand things suck. I guess I say just move rather then fight. You have freedoms.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There is a time to walk away or "move"
and there is a time to stand like a man and fight.
I think we can all agree on that.

The problem becomes the "When".

Neither I nor you are in a position to dictate "when" it is appropriate for those who demand more freedom
to go about securing it. You say "Things aren't that bad" but to whom????? YOU!!!!!!
I say things ARE that bad...but to whom????? ME!!!!!!
Neither one matters. The people at large will decide when to become a part of the movement towards greater freedom
and you will either join in WHEN it happens or you will sit on the sidelines and watch it unfold. Neither is BAD or WRONG. Just as long as one man never tries to interferre with another mans fight for libery and freedom.

People in jail are free using your mentality.
Sure they are.
Free to eat or not eat.
Free to chew their food as quickly or slowly as they please.
Free to work out or play basketball in the yard.
Free to use as much or little soap as they desire when they shower.
Freedom to choose which leg to put into their pants first.
Free to choose which shoe to put on first.

I could go on and on about how free prisoners are but at the end of the day they are still prisoners.
If there are those who enjoy those simple freedoms of prison life I say, More power to them, that's great.
But there are those who aren't cool with prison life and will never be satisfied until they break out or die trying.
And it is not up you you nor I totry and stop someone of breaking out of their prison.
That's all.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I agree with you on this.

With what's going on in Europe and the Middle East, I have determined it to be time to "move". With Obama politically backed by Zbigniew Brzezinski and financially by George Soros, we should be quite worried about it happening here. If the U.S. Dollar is replaced as the world's reserve currency, and the Federal Reserve continues to debase our Dollar, I believe its just a matter of time until people here in the US are in the streets. Then the planned "bottom up, top down, and the middle inside out" will be executed.

In preparation of this happening in the near future, I am leaving "Al Lay", as pronounced by our Mayor Tony Villar, and purchasing a home on a lake in the Southern US. The property has a well, with a back-up generator, and about 150 yards from the lake. Already have a water purification system for lake water, hurricane lamps with plenty of oil, and six months foodstuffs and gas for the generator already purchased and stored. The move should be completed in the next 30 days, with solar panels to be installed shortly after that. I will be as self sufficient as possible. The house also sits on the high ground.

The last place I want to be if riots come to the US, is in the middle of a city with a population of more than 13 million. I can and will survive in the country.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

I agree with you on this.

With what's going on in Europe and the Middle East, I have determined it to be time to "move". With Obama politically backed by Zbigniew Brzezinski and financially by George Soros, we should be quite worried about it happening here. If the U.S. Dollar is replaced as the world's reserve currency, and the Federal Reserve continues to debase our Dollar, I believe its just a matter of time until people here in the US are in the streets. Then the planned "bottom up, top down, and the middle inside out" will be executed.

In preparation of this happening in the near future, I am leaving "Al Lay", as pronounced by our Mayor Tony Villar, and purchasing a home on a lake in the Southern US. The property has a well, with a back-up generator, and about 150 yards from the lake. Already have a water purification system for lake water, hurricane lamps with plenty of oil, and six months foodstuffs and gas for the generator already purchased and stored. The move should be completed in the next 30 days, with solar panels to be installed shortly after that. I will be as self sufficient as possible. The house also sits on the high ground.

The last place I want to be if riots come to the US, is in the middle of a city with a population of more than 13 million. I can and will survive in the country.

Ahhh My boy Zbigniew Brzezinski. The Banker employee. What new war is he and his cohorts trying to start this decade.

Him and Kissenger should be serving lengthy prison sentences for what they have done and were associated with.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If I had to choose a song to symbolise the Global Revolution it would be this:

Sums up the situation nicely, particularly the chorus!

You cannot stop us all.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Check out this post, John www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
i hope so. Hopefully this moves westward into north america soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The problem is that there are several things happening at once. First we have that NWO deal - whether real or not, someone is driving this crap and second we have the extremist Muslim NWO. They are competing for control. The best place to start would be at home and strangle off the oil supply until the ransom is paid. We've seen it before.

The other problem is the ivory tower residents in Washington and around the world are idiots. Haven't they heard of encryption with daily keys? We've all had bosses that were horse's rear ends. When someone sees a chance to get even, well we have Wikileaks and revolutions. Whether or not they are traitors is beside the point at this point.

In the end, like the idiots at the post office that didn't get on the paid email service with guaranteed no spam, the governments have screwed the pooch and now the citizens that just want to have a life have to pay for it.

As far as here in the homeland goes, I would look to the southern border not for incursions but straight out invasion. But that's me - finding the Iranian book and the radical Tunisian cleric aren't good signs. If they are signs.

Again, it almost looks like someone is poking us trying to get a response and/or leaving the border unguarded for a reason. If we can see it you can bet the government does too. There is no way they can be that stupid.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

First we have that NWO deal - whether real or not, someone is driving this crap and second we have the extremist Muslim NWO. They are competing for control.

Hmm. You don't see China as a player?

...My take: Mainstream Muslims are in bed with Western corporations, married by "free trade" agreements. The so-called 'extremists' are fighting against those alliances. China's going for control of the global markets via funds and currency, and bypassing the Western corporate elite. Not sure how all the 'Dragons' fall.

...I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I don't think america will need a revolution, it will fail on its own. Its spread so thin and something like egypt can have a huge domino effect.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

You know this would be a good way for the shadow person to play the chess piece to his facor, wait till all five countries are at the brink of anarchy then reveal himself to the "mad as hell and there not going to take it anymore" arabic people. A charasmatic person which would appear and bring all five countries under one banner. Promise the people everything, work them up into more of a frenzy. Infiltraded the high spots in the military and religious powers simply take over the reins of power. This has happened before its not a new thing, and if you watch its happening again. Welcome to the new world. Same tactic just a different time period.
Thing is TPTB arn't pulling the strings this time, there scared. Who will fix the problem? The shadow master behind the screen, but the one which will come forward won't be the real shadow master. But a puppet. In the end it will be just one more move on the grand chess board. And millions will still die, give it a month and it will be old news. Thats as long as the west attention will be on this. This is also part of the game..

As I said Welcome to the new world..

hmmm...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
My Fellow ATS members . Remember we are being watched , so be very careful what you impart on this subject , for your own good and to stave off any future sense of paranioa

Peace
Really?
why does it matter what we write about on this,.
Aside from making direct threats to the life of the prez
I doubt anyone will be knockin at your door.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

If ignorance is bliss , you must be the happiest man on the planet .
You don't think that threads such as this are monitored by TPTB ?
edit on 29-1-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
standard sale techniques tell them they cant have it eg twatter then they want it it is a great performance though and that is all it is someone somewhere instigated this to hide the fact that the US printing money willy nilly will screw some people over normally the poor. i have no issue with the us people just their lame ass gov

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
It looks like the dominoe effect has far reaching tendrals I wonder where it will end.

______beforeitsnews/story/384/116/Its_Not_Just_Egypt:_Japan_Is_Headed_for_the_Brink.html

This appears to be another impact -

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

You mindset is in the present, your not looking beyond. A revolution would be necessary for future causes in America's case. Yes, you are satisfied NOW, but will you be satisfied later. The whole point is to stay satisfied. We know what is coming, and I don't know about anybody else but I don't care who I'm rising up against, if my freedom is being threatened over something my ancestors DIED for, then best believe I'll be walking in they're footsteps. We will win, we don't have a choice. Failure is not an option, you know why? Because even if everybody who stands up dies, they'll STILL be free. Thus the phrase, "Give me liberty, or give me death!" Some people don't know freedom is worth fighting for until it's too late.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Mizzijr because: I wanted to.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I love globalresearch.ca!
they are always spot on with their research!

S&F for bringing this article to our attention. I believe this is one of the better threads on ATS right now. This is something for everyone to think about!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nonetruegod

Yes that is something I hope all people will realize. There are a LOT of really good Americans. I feel we are often a victim of people confusing anger at our government versus anger at the american people. The typical american person is NOT buying elections if you know what I mean!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
Forget about political awakening, we need spiritual awakening to kick everyone out of this thousand year cycle of stupidity. This includes the low level consciousness of the Elite. Riots have been going on for many hundreds of years. Nothing has ever changed.

Take a moment, and look at humanity from a higher perspective. All you see is a bunch of idiots enforcing their will onto others without the slightest concern for life or compassion for love. We have made absolutely No ethical or moral progress. Regardless of the useless Governments we allow to form around us.

Considering the Elite's unwavering commitment to destroy the Earth and poison it's people to death, not to mention the societies death grip on spiritual and moral ignorance, I'd say that perhaps NONE of humanity deserves to continue living. Thankfully I am not God.

BUT if I were God, I would lift up all the tectonic plates, flip them upside down and smash everyone (face first) into the molten sea. No need to let ignorance, evil and stupidity walk on this precious Earth any longer.

The Elites continue to exploit our ignorance of ourselves and our sovereignty. Governments are viruses, and the people are the hosts.

I just fully agree with this. I see all these talks of revolution and "change" and cant help but have serious, serious doubt.

How long did it take for the american revolution to simply fall back into the hands of corporations, and greed-obsessed individuals? not long at all.

Many of the very people calling for change would be guilty of the exact same crimes they fervently fight against, if put into the same positions. Nothing will change, it will simply prolong the problem, shoving it off on our great-grand children (at best). This cycle has repeated itself for far too long. What makes anyone think THIS time will be different?

Contrary to the popular view on this standpoint, it doesnt mean nothing is to be done. It means, to this one, that people need to start taking responsibility for their actions on a personal and individual level. If the change doesnt occur there, it is simply procrastination (one of the things humans do best). I have little doubt that a revolution in say, america, would lead to nothing but chaos and looting. Perhaps that is a cynical view, no, that is a cynical view, but humans have very little interest in actually helping one another as "self" and much more interested in helping ones immediate body as self. They will trample over one another to get the last piece of bread, without a care to how many die in the process.

It is not the nebulous "governments" fault, they are simply giving in to the same base desires most people would if put into the same position.

It is only a matter of time. It is the individuals involved responsibility for their own actions, devoid of any vague entity such as religion, government, or anything else.

You know what? Ill put it out there, since its so disheartening to see all this destruction, division, and hate.. it truly, truly, truly brings tears to my eyes. This is my agenda.

The solution is coming from a place of unconditional Love. When this happens, the definition of "self" changes to include ALL. Who would trample one they Love for food? Who would stifle the progress of their people if they had unconditional Love? Who would murder one another in the name of Love? Who would need to have a revolution if the governing bodies came from a place of unconditional Love? This is NOT speaking of the directed emotion of love, where one becomes the almighty arrogant judge of what is or is not deserving of it. It is, as my signature says, a state. A conscious, mindful, choice towards true balance and equality. Realizing that this sack of blood and guts is no more important than the next, period.

That does not mean no action is ever taken.
That does not mean one sits around twiddling his/her thumbs while the world crumbles around them.
It means that every single decision..
every single thought..
every single f#cking movement is done from a base of Love.

If we, as a race, are truly interested in change, what else can be proposed?

This one will no longer sit around, hoping this endless, useless, violent cycle will somehow dissipate this time around. The only way this will work is to truly realize the "power of the people." Those who have said this throughout history have turned into nothing but martyrs. Do humans really want change, or do they just want the opportunity to do the same terrible things themselves? Or do they simply not realize their "revolution" will simply devolve into that which it fought against in mere decades, if not immediately? Call me a fool, call me an idiot, call me what you will. It does not matter. It is time for change.

I am making a damn stand.

This is a revolution of a different kind.

I do not "love" you individually, i am in a radiant state of Love.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

As I said, there is nothing wrong with being satisfied. You are clearly satisfied and that is a great thing.
I support your right to be satisfied and content.

You must understand that there are others who aren't satisfied. These people will take action soon enough in order to live a life that they consider free. If you believe you are free right now that is great. But just promise me you won't stand in the way of those who believe they aren't free and seek to gain their freedom through any means necessary.

This has the potential to be the greatest divider of all.
People who are happy with what little freedoms they have condemning those who demand more freedom.
It will divide us. You'll see neighbor turn against neighbor in order to protect the very system which enslaves them.

I can sum it up no better that this quote from the Matrix

The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

Barring any genuinely extreme measures by our government (and I do mean extreme, like actually ordering everyone to turn in their guns, which, is NOT going to happen, or something like an unwarranted declaration of martial law), you should not expect any level of organized revolt of any consequence in this country any time soon, no matter how badly you may want it. It is just not a reality. The quality of life in the U.S is simply not at the level of some of the other countries we've recently seen revolting. The majority of us live far too well for a substantial number of people to feel compelled to get up from their computer or their comfortable couch in front of the TV and take to the street. The vast sweeping majority of Americans are, to use your words, currently sufficiently "satisfied and content" with their lives. The majority of Americans readily enjoy discussing and/or ranting and raving about whatever they disagree with in regards to the way the country is being run, but mere political or idealogical dissatisfaction is not enough for the great, vast majority to walk away from their jobs, their families, and their lives to start a tiny revolt that would be quickly condemned by the majority and rapidly quelled by armed forces.

You are unhappy with the notion of degrees of dissatisfaction as evidenced by the "wife having an affair" scenario you used, but the fact is everything is relative. We simply do not have it as bad as the people of Tunisia or Egypt do, and whether or not you agree with that rationalization, the fact remains that people use those kinds of comparisons all the time to guage how bad they've got it versus the other guy's level of misery. Everything about the way we perceive our reality is relational. When you go to the hospital in pain, they ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1-10. Certainly one person's "6" may be another person's "10" but in guaging your own pain, you relate your current pain to the worst pain you have experienced in order to determine where your current pain falls on the scale. Another good example of how relativity plays into things is the scenario of driving over the speed limit. The posted limit may be 65, but if everyone is doing 80, the actual speed limit becomes 80, for all intents and purposes. Something as simple as the color of your skin is relational. Spending time in the sun causes our skin to tan, but your own tan may appear to be not so tan at all if the person standing next to has a tan that is darker than yours. There are gray areas between black and white and it is in these gray areas that most of us live.

I want to try to understand what your definition of "free" consists of. It would help if you could please post a reply with some real, concrete, actual, tangible examples (not just vague broad concepts) of the freedoms you believe you are being deprived of and include examples of the freedoms you would seek to obtain by revolting. After all, a person should be able to articulate what it is they are fighting for if they hope to convince others of their validity.

Also, I liked The Matrix very much, but it is a movie that was, like any other mass market film release, produced, marketed, and distributed with certain corporate profit margin goals in mind (ie: to sell tickets and merchandise, create distribution and licensing agreements, sell DVDs and other home theatre formats, secure studio backing for sequels, etc). It was crafted and marketed very carefully to a certain target audience. Warner Bros. Pictures, a subsidiary of Time Warner, was the film's producer/distributer. Their 2010 3rd quarter earnings were about $6.4 Billion. (source) I would not personally reference a line spoken by a character in a film that was produced and marketed with the goal of making a profit for multiple corporate entities, to support something as deadly serious as a rationale for revolting against my country's government.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join