It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

So people are going to foodbanks to GET FOOD!!! The food is not gone.

Guess what, in Egypt, the FOOD IS GONE. There is no food bank.

Completely different dude.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I believe what we are seeing is the culmination of many years work by TPTB to infiltrate governments AND the people causing protest, revolution, assassination, coups and ultimately the replacement of the toppled governments with their own henchmen. "They" have been doing it for decades.

The people do the dirty work and then get duped into thinking the new governments and supposed freedom and transparency and accountability are their rewards but in fact they are the opposite, all in cahoots with eachother to control even greater territories and masses.

I won't say who I think is behind this as you must work it out for yourselves.

Many seeds have been sown and the harvest has onlyt just begun.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
More protests are planned on the streets of london for tomorrow, over the government tax hikes, student fees, public services being slashed etc.

"I am tired of being told that we face tough economic choices by a chancellor who is more interested in evading tax and helping his friends do likewise, than in helping our nation's young," Hunt said. "How does he expect anyone to believe we are all in it together when he is slashing tax for big business?" On Sunday at least 30 different tax avoidance demonstrations are planned by UK Uncut. Using the Twitter hashtag #ukuncut, the fast-expanding group has become a rallying point for opponents of the government's cuts.

guardian.co.uk

edit on 29-1-2011 by Spinster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Yes and no. Besides the fact that foodbanks commonly run out of food, we face similar problems of over-pricing, predatory pricing and distribution issues.

Every nation with free trade agreements stopped stocking food reserves - with the idea that "the market" was more appropriate to deal with the totally predictable famines, floods and food shortages. ...It's a corporate thing.

Water, food and shelter are basic needs to everyone everywhere - and all 3 are now virtually controlled by the corporate NWO. We've already seen a bit of poop flying from the blades here in North America, and it's just the beginning. The big poop storm is on it's way, for sure - the only question is, "How will we handle it?"

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Yes, the world is on fire, a malestrom of angry human waves. There were no specific plans, but only the end result of the financial disasters created by the rich and powerful worldwide.

After the financial crisis, Thailand was the first. A mass uprising by the poor was brutually put down by loyalist govt forces. Thailand is a buddhist nation, and they backed down at the violence, while the beast PM roams free and wide, fetted by the world leaders who did not hesitate to shake his blood soaked hands.

Today we see the middle east poor do the same. How will it end? Many of the world leaders stood by the dictators and downplayed the upraisings. Will it end the way Thailand went?

Arabs are no pushovers when it comes to violence. But yet, will it end the way the Iran uprising went. with many of the best iranian heads rolling in the dust?

The common mases are a peaceful lot and will never never ever want to resort to violence. But unfortunately, their poliltical and economic leaders do not share this common humanity trait. They are far far more brutal than the wildest beasts on Earth past and present, and will not hesitate to kill everyone just so that they may remain in power, and then look for new foreign slaves to take the masses place.

They will begin by frightening the few, as it did with Thailand and Iran. If that does not work, then the final solution will be used. Crocodile tears will be shed, and then such crimes will be whitewashed with blames put on others, and in time, a new generation forgets.

When push comes to shove, and bullets by TPTB starts killings, the masses back is to the wall, the only peace one can hope to get is through defence. And when we talk about defence, it is not putting up one's 2 arms up to shield bullets bow, but strategic revolutionary actions. The best defence is often to attack. No crime in attacking deadly beasts.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo
reply to post by Screwed

In my country, America, things aren't that bad.

Things aren't that bad......TO WHOM???????
Not a rhetorical question....I'd appreciate an answer..Things aren't that bad to................

I've been to Africa, talk about a place that needs change. Does America need change? Yes, but not the kind where you take to the streets.
edit on 29-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

Once again, if things are worse in Africa than how can we complain. Pretty much the logic you are using is that no matter how oppressive and tyrannical a government is, as lond is there is one that is worse....SOMEWHERE in the world then we have no right to complain. Just like your neighbors wife cheating on him everyday makes you realize what a great wife you have because she only does it once a week.

I'm sorry but I sincerely can't follow that kind of logic....and I'm really trying.

Unless I'm mistaken, you are telling me that YOU are the arbitrator of what constitutes "BAD" and "GOOD".
You have state that "Things aren't that bad in America" and that makes it so for the rest of us. Nevermind all of the people who say it IS THAT BAD, you have apparently cornered the market on what constitutes "BAD" and "GOOD" and have placed all of our minds at ease by assuring us all that things aren't as bad as we think they are despite what we see,feel,hear,and think.

Where did you get that kind of power?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I agree with you about the corporations controlling things. I have to disagree with you that they virtually control everything.

You can grow your own food. You can drill your own well. You can build your own house.

I think the problem is 2 fold. Yes corporations suck but another problem is that people just don't want to "do it themselves" anymore and find excuses for not doing it. I'm one of those people, but on the same token I don't complain about the system being set up horribly because again, I choose to play.

Also, when the foodbanks run out of food they don't shut down, they just get more food. Kinda like if gap ran out of a shirt you wanted, there are other shirts and they will get more in due time. In Egypt there is no "in due time".

I'm all for change, but i think it's kinda scary that people think it's time to overthrow the planet. I also think people have been tricked into thinking that's the answer, and tptb have got the solution when the masses try it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I'm not saying that things are good or bad becase quite frankly they're both good and bad. What I'm saying is that are things that bad to where you would need to start a world revolution? Or even another American revolution? You seem to think so, and if you'd be so kind as to tell me why you feel that way and what you plan on changing if you succeed?

Scratch that last part because YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED and you will only make things more oppressive. This ain't the 1700s grandpa.

And your wife analogy is kind of weak, because I don't have a wife. And if I did have a wife I wouldn't have the kind that cheats on me. Again, because I have the choice of who to marry. Unlike many people on this planet that don't get to choose.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I agree with you about the corporations controlling things. I have to disagree with you that they virtually control everything.

You can grow your own food.

New laws appear designed to prevent that option. Check this thread out for starters:

Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto to Control Food Industry

You can drill your own well.

Not always - some bylaws prohibit that. Also, corporate industry has depleted our aquifers, just like it did in Africa and other colonies. ...Even if you can drill, doesn't mean you'll find water. Most likely, you won't because it's gone.

Soon to be Worldwide Water Shortage??

You can build your own house.

Only if you can afford to buy the land AND follow the codes.

...when the foodbanks run out of food they don't shut down, they just get more food.

Erm. No, not always. It's a huge problem in many areas.

I'm all for change, but i think it's kinda scary that people think it's time to overthrow the planet. I also think people have been tricked into thinking that's the answer, and tptb have got the solution when the masses try it.

That was my question in the OP:

All our leaders and governments fear the looming revolutions, anarchy and chaos. As does anyone with any good sense.

But what's to be done? Enforce ignorance and inaction? Tighten the reins? Kill all the free thinkers?

Does anyone here have any answers?

PS. You can call me Ma'am.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes, we may well be. And this guy sort of predicted it: Trends analyst predicts global youth uprising, ‘progressive libertarians’ in 2011

Technology is going to play a vital role, as he says. And so is global support of each other. Solidarity. Probably something that should have happened for Iraq and Afghanistan (just my opinion).

One of the ironic but in a way funny things that I heard mentioned yesterday on al Jazeera English TV was that the Egyptian government shutting down communications (internet, cell service, no seems to be sure about TV/radio) was that it got more people out into the streets to protest, as they had nothing else to do.

That's going to make governments take a good hard look at this particular tactic, isn't it?

But yes, it's beginning. Hope the momentum keeps going and that those of us who can will support these brave people in any way we can. Hope too that it stays peaceful. We have brains...we need to use those before ever resorting to violence. Gahdhi it!

By the way, there have been rumblings on Twitter of protests in Saudi Arabia (against the floods, so the official reason is) and it's being downplayed, of course, and people are being arrested. I have a thread about it if you're interested. This along with Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, and Yemen...sounds like that start of a global revolution to me.

Power to the people

edit on 1/29/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Nope. TPTB has got NO solution for the mess they created, otherwise they would not be reacting the way they had been reacting up to now.

If they had a solution, you would not have been watching the mess daily and often growing and getting exponentially worse. None of them would ever want to give up power and thus their weakness excerbating the mess. The Thai PM, the Iranian PM, the Tunisan PM, and now the Egypt Prez, were literally caught with their pants down.

TPTB did not create this global revolutionary movement or the scenerio. The scenerio was thrust upon them, and they are now peeing in their pants. The only solution is no solution - kill ALL. They don't have enough bullets or nukes to do so without killing themselves in the process.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

See, you don't really need a wife in order to understand the overall point that I was trying to make.
It was more or less a hypothetical scenario not meant to be taken literally.

90 percent of the people during the time of the revolutionary war wanted no part of a revolution because they had your mentality. Go along to get along, things are worse somewhere else.and that's just fine.
But that doesn't mean that everyone feels the same way. It also doesn't mean that those who rise up against theor oppressors are "BAD" people. They will be considered "BAD" by people with your mentality and by the Government but history will once again show them to be brave patriotic people who defended liberty.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I do not think that global revolution is any more likely, than a united uprising in the USA is. For one thing, the people of the nations of the world, have different ways of going about things. While its true to say that driving factors of public anger may be similar on the surface, the citizens of Egypt for instance have totaly different problems than the ones you find in the UK, or France, or Somalia.
Here in Britain we have a government who would rather screw the poor to save the rich, by cutting services and jobs which affect only the lowest paid in the country. While I understand that these issues are grave, and indicate a massive disconnect between my countrymen and thier political representatives, I also accept that in comparison to the Egyptian issues, currently being dealt with on the streets of Cairo, our issues here in the UK are as nothing.
For a start, they have had the same leader for the last what, thirty years or so? Thats never a good state for a nation to be in. Leadership changes are important , vital for a democratic states health. Only by preventing entrenchment, power bases being built, and by preventing one person from having ultimate power, can a democracy truely vanquish its political enemies, and defeat the sickness within, the rot of human greed and hubris.
Egypt may have had elections, but they have been held under a cloud of mistrust and alleged rigging in recent times, ballot stuffing and the like. Again, these are not the ways of a democratic state, and it is important that people feel that election results are genuine, and free of any form of rigging or fiddling of any sort, otherwise unrest, mistrust, dissent and above all a lack of political, financial , and cultural progress comes about in thier wake. In essence the enemy of democracy is lies and falsehoods which lead to stagnation and a loss of faith in the system. These are fatal, dangerous elements to have within a nation. Stagnation always leads to rot, and rot to total decay, and decay to an utter collapse of the entire system by which a nation can be run. This benifits no one, and must be avoided.
The reaction to the Egyptian Presidents refusal to step down, in accordance with the orders of his employers (the people) is a flying in the face of danger for his nation. The people in even a vaugely democratic nation, are the boss. If you are the leader of such a nation you should be nothing but a slave to the will of the masses, a voicebox of the people, and act only in thier interest. The fact that he refuses to do this, shows his intentions are wrong. The reaction of the people of Egypt in this situation is utterly justified and understandable. He has proven that he is not capable of taking orders from his employers, and now he must be dethroned and replaced like a faulty fan belt. Since he has too much power to be removed by parlimentary methods, he must be forced out by mass revolt. Simple if you think about it.
But then you have the British issue. Britain is unlikely to go to the same full scale all hands on deck level of protest at any time soon, simply because getting a divided community to agree on anything, from the issues of the day , to what time to meet for a rally , is nigh on impossible, and the only people MORE divided than the British, are the Americans with thier plethora of various and often polar opposite political attitudes toward certain subjects. If you say to either British persons , or US citizens, "should we have a revolution" there will be a muddle as those who say yes shuffle toward like minds, and away from naysayers, and then when you then ask " Why should we have a revolution" the groups that banded together, will have a shouting match over thier opposing veiws of even this subject!
For my part, I believe that we in Britain should have a revolution because our government refuses to listen when the majority speak. They only listen to or care about the money, where its gone, where its headed, and following that money even unto the teeth of hell. I believe therefore that we should remind our parlimentary representatives that we own them, they are ours, our assets, our possessions, and not thier own. Thier ambitions, thier desires and political attitudes are now irrelavent, because we the people are thier masters. We speak, they drop everything and listen. We demand, they provide. We order, they MUST obey, or be swept aside and replaced with a respectful set of servants.
There are others in my nation who think that we should have a revolution, although there reasons are ... different from mine. Others here believe that we should have a revolution and get rid of all the ethnic minorities. Of course, anyone who knows my opinions on that particular vien of human depravity, knows that those xenophobic veiws are in my opinion evidence of disease of the mind, and should be expunged with all due haste. Others still believe we should have a revolution, and entirely cease all prodcution , and use of fossil fuels, over a period of five years.
No one can agree on what to do, why to do it, how to do it, or where in these divided communities. As long as protests are held for a reason, rather than under a banner of a need for change, then there will be no revolution here, and I see no movement on the lines between the political groups in my nation, thats for sure. Certainly, there are protests here also, the Unions and the Students are all going on protests ... but it wont be as effective as a whole society protest, and thats something which just cant happen here.
With that accepted , ours cannot be the only nation too fractured to fight its leadership in the streets. What about the rest of Europe? What about Holland. Its not like the Stoner League is going to find its way out of the coffee shop quick enough to actualy MAKE it to a rally, so what exactly are the rest of the busy people of that nation going to do ? Not much me thinks. Theres a lot of apathy, division, and confusion in the civilised world right now, and it makes the idea of ANY phenomenon going truely global unlikely , unless it takes attention from the abhorant state of democratic process in the world today.
edit on 29-1-2011 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soficrow

All our leaders and governments fear the looming revolutions, anarchy and chaos. As does anyone with any good sense.

But what's to be done? Enforce ignorance and inaction? Tighten the reins? Kill all the free thinkers?

Does anyone here have any answers?

I believe TPTB wants the unrest as a reason to step in and take tighter control. It seems to be why TPTB continues drug prohibition beyond rationality - as a reason to place more control over the populace.

Encourage and promote compliance and complacency? Tighten the reins? Kill free thinkers? All of the above, just not as the solution, rather as the goal. These will be sold as solutions though.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You have it all wrong. I don't think those who rise up are bad. I actually think they're heroes. The problem I see is that most people don't know what their rising up against.

I don't see police on the street.
I don't see massive poverty or unemployment that engulfs the 3rd world.
I don't see people being led to their death.

If I did, trust me not only would I be on the bandwagon I'd be driving it.

This time when people revolt, tptb will use it to implement the "thing" those that were revolting were against in the first place.

It's all good. Do what you gotta do. Warning; this I real life, not a movie, not a video game. The good guys don't always win, and when they do win they win with their brains, not their aggression.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
With that accepted , ours cannot be the only nation to fractured to fight its leadership in the streets. What about the rest of Europe? What about Holland. Its not like the Stoner League is going to find its way out of the coffee shop quick enough to actualy MAKE it to a rally, so what exactly are the rest of the busy people of that nation going to do ?

Not much me thinks. Theres a lot of apathy, division, and confusion in the civilised world right now, and it makes the idea of ANY phenomenon going truely global unlikely , unless it takes attention from the abhorant state of democratic process in the world today.

We humans are one race. We all DO have common aspirations with the precious gift of life, such as peace, prosperity, justice, equality, freedom and progress, regardless of our differences.

While some will be achieve their aspirations, it has come to a point of time that MANY do not have such opportunities. And when the start waking up and realizing even such aspirations are denied to not only them, but to their loved ones, the only answer is revolution.

It springs from one's mind, and when he walks out of his tent instead of a house, his neighbours sees him with an understanding eye, and in time, many others know what's on another's mind, for such feelings of lack is mutual. will take to the streets in non violent protests. And if they are still not heard, worse if instead of salvation, bullets come forth, the masses will rip their leaders to pieces, for there is never enough bullets by the few against the many.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yes ma'am.

I don't deny your response, because it is true. But notice how you said "no, not always"? By saying that you recognize that in some places in america you CAN do what I listed. You can ALWAYS move. If you can afford the gas, walk. Where there is a will there's a way.

I think the answer is to not vote. Only buy what you need and no material possesions. If people did that in 2012, by 2013 things would change. The corporations would be forced to change because they want profits and the politicians would change because of they wanted to get reelected they would have to do their job.

Can you imagine if Obama won the presidency by only getting 3 million votes? He would have to please 300 million people in order to get reelected. By him knowing that he has x amount of votes coming in 2012, he knows he has more wiggle room to be corrupt.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Screwed

I don't see police on the street.
I don't see massive poverty or unemployment that engulfs the 3rd world.
I don't see people being led to their death.

None are so blind as those who WILL NOT see.

It's all good. Do what you gotta do. Warning; this I real life, not a movie, not a video game. The good guys don't always win, and when they do win they win with their brains, not their aggression.

I'm not saying that I'M doing anything first of all.

Secondly, the protesters in Egypt are well aware that this is real life and not a video game, and as a result, they are going to overthrow their oppressive government and enjoy greater freedom.

Thirdly, if you stand up for your human rights and get killed, I consider that winning.
If you stand up for your rights and don't get killed I consider that winning.
The only way to really "LOSE" if there is such a thing is to not stand up and remain complacent and docile while your freedoms are stripped ever so slowly so as to go unnoticed. If that is the standard I live by then.......I can't lose!!! Because option three is not on the table.

I really have no problem with people who won't stand up for themselves and enjoy their own slavery just so long as they don't interfere with those who try and free themselves.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Global Revolution? As far as I am concerned, I think things are in dire straits. However, these demonstrations are happening in countries that have been ruled by wasteful bureaucracies, poor central planning, dictators, and rampant corruption. I am shocked that these protests did not happen sooner? It is a human awakening to a certain extent, but it is associated with the economy more so than any political objective. It is said "The quickest way to a man/woman's heart is through their belly."

Keep the people fed, housed, and employed and it could be an extraterrestrial running the show, and the people won't care. Take all that away and the people are going to have all the free time to actually access their situation for what it is. Stability breeds apathy. What did the Roman's say about subduing the mob, "Bread and Circuses." Unfortunately in some of these far-flung locales, the essentials are absent. Food shortages, energy shortages, lack of housing, catastrophic unemployment, and top it off with tyranny and rampant corruption; and what we are seeing right now is what happens. This is a crisis, but it seems to be contained to the Middle East and portions of the Euro Zone.

Still, if confidence in the economic model remains elusive, and distance between rich and poor grow? We can expect a spark igniting an inferno in other parts of the world. In my humble opinion, the global economy is on the verge of collapse as it was in 2008. What the central governments did was make the situation worse, and propped up a dying model with people's savings, pensions, and the very well being of generations to come. There is only so much money and clever accounting methods before the inevitable shows its ugly face. Not to completely disagree with the OP, but this phenomenon is not global yet. You may be on to something though, but things are going to have to get a heck of a lot worst before we see people turning away from their trivial pursuits to take up demonstrations and protests like we are seeing now. In the meantime, some crooning by our benevolent leaders and masters of industry to hold us over.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

So please show me what I'm so blind to. I live in Austin, tx. There are plenty of jobs for those that want to work them. There is definately no shortage of food here. And I hardly see cops.

If it's so horrible where you live I would suggest you move. Come down here. I'll take you out to dinner, no joke r sarcasm.

Egypt had to do what they're doing. They Live under an authoritative rule. 40% have no running water. 50% live on pennies a day.

Egypt is not America my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join