It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Are We Witnessing the Start of a Global Revolution?

www.globalresearch.ca

...the world is entering the beginnings of a new revolutionary era: the era of the ‘Global Political Awakening.’ While this ‘awakening’ is materializing in different regions, different nations and under different circumstances, it is being largely influenced by global conditions. The global domination by the major Western powers, ...over the past 65 years, and more broadly, centuries, is reaching a turning point. The people of the world are restless, resentful and enraged.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blacklistednews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People are mad. Why? Because ordinary people today know more than their counterparts at any other time in our history. And they know that the way things work is unjust, unfair and predatory:

The worldwide yearning for human dignity is the central challenge inherent in the phenomenon of global political awakening... That awakening is socially massive and politically radicalizing... The nearly universal access to radio, television and increasingly the Internet is creating a community of shared perceptions and envy that can be galvanized and channeled by demagogic political or religious passions. These energies transcend sovereign borders and pose a challenge both to existing states as well as to the existing global hierarchy...

The problem is not just that people today know too much - it's become too hard to control them. In fact, it's easier to kill them:

[The] major world powers, new and old, also face a novel reality: while the lethality of their military might is greater than ever, their capacity to impose control over the politically awakened masses of the world is at a historic low. To put it bluntly: in earlier times, it was easier to control one million people than to physically kill one million people; today, it is infinitely easier to kill one million people than to control one million people.]

- Zbigniew Brzezinski
Former U.S. National Security Advisor
Co-Founder of the Trilateral Commission
Member, Board of Trustees, Center for Strategic and International Studies

All our leaders and governments fear the looming revolutions, anarchy and chaos. As does anyone with any good sense.

But what's to be done? Enforce ignorance and inaction? Tighten the reins? Kill all the free thinkers?

Does anyone here have any answers?

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 29/1/11 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

All our leaders and governments fear the looming revolutions, anarchy and chaos.

I hope they do but I have doubts..
Rarely does something happen without Government intervention of some kind...

Is this movement an awakining of the people or a plan by the Governments??

Call me cynical but I'll wait and see...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My Fellow ATS members . Remember we are being watched , so be very careful what you impart on this subject , for your own good and to stave off any future sense of paranioa

Peace

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What can I say...?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

All our leaders and governments fear the looming revolutions, anarchy and chaos. As does anyone with any good sense.

But what's to be done? Enforce ignorance and inaction? Tighten the reins? Kill all the free thinkers?

WTF are you on about here? Are you the spokesperson for all the tyranical governments everywhere??
Why is protest against legitimate grievances not a good thing? Anarchy and chaos are erroneous and antiquated terms. Society today would allow no such thing. The complexity of social organization today, with billions of independently employed people across the globe trying to keep a roof over their head will prevent any mass chaos. Nobody wants to lose their security unless they have none to start with. A fair chunk of people today do.

Therefore we can question and protest against the authorities all we want and probably need to in order to bring about change. It is in fact the only reasonable thing to do. To sit idly back and pray for stability is nonsense.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
My Fellow ATS members . Remember we are being watched , so be very careful what you impart on this subject , for your own good and to stave off any future sense of paranioa

Peace
Really?
why does it matter what we write about on this,.
Aside from making direct threats to the life of the prez
I doubt anyone will be knockin at your door.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
From the same guy

Brzezinski's Feared "Global Awakening" Has Arrived

Monumental worldwide rallying cry for freedom threatens to derail new world order agenda
Zbigniew Brzezinski’s much feared “global political awakening” is in full swing. Revolts in Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia and other countries represent a truly monumental worldwide rallying cry for freedom that threatens to immeasurably damage the agenda for one world government, but only if the successful revolutionaries can prevent themselves from being co-opted by a paranoid and desperate global elite.

And me think he is right ... it has arrived finally for our futur generation sake

2012 is getting nearer .. coincidence or not ?? .. NOT

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I just watched a movie from 1995 called "Strange Days"
And in that movie they spoke of revolution in America,
Also talked about how Y2K was gonna be a big deal,.
Seems nothing has changed in 16 years as to the fear of revolution,.
this has been going on forever people,.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No.
In the middle east the Muslim Brotherhood is trying to overthrow the totalitarian governments so that they can impose their own totalitarian government.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Things I would like to see.
1/ Open source implementation of electoral system with fairer, transparent structure
2/ Federal Reserve and IRS back in government hands
3/ End to influence of money in government processes
4/ Removal of all politicians who did not sit through the recent reading of the constitution
5/ End to politicians voting on policy they do not fully understand including all implications
6/ New open and transparent investigation into 9/11 with United Nations support
7/ Disclosure on UFO's and free energy
8/ Integrity restored to Science and Media with end to corporation conflicts of interest
9/ Genetic Modification to come under much stricter regulation of all responsibilities
10/ The corporate and human entities both have basic rights and responsibilities that needs better definition.
11/ To open the workings of the economy to peer review to help build a more sustainable system.

There is a big problem when people like Zbigniew Brzezinski talk about it being easier to kill a million than control a million. The biggest problem is that they want to control everyone and kill of self determination. People function fine when they are properly educated and have opportunity to function within society. This whole ideology of control is at the bottom of the rabbit hole. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The communist revolution is coming, nearly 100 years after it was expected.

Theres a reason all the most prominent historians are diehard marxists

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Originally posted by wayno

WTF are you on about here?

Hmm. Knowledge and revolution are like viruses - they're catchy.

For example:

World Gripped By Anti-Government Riots; America Next?

Are you the spokesperson for all the tyranical governments everywhere??
Why is protest against legitimate grievances not a good thing?

Don't know where you got that. Didn't say "protest against legitimate grievances is not a good thing," didn't imply it.

Anarchy and chaos are erroneous and antiquated terms.

Doesn't matter. That's the fear in official circles - government AND corporate.

Society today would allow no such thing.

Do you mean the "society" with the tanks and bio-weapons, or the "society" facing mortgage foreclosure, prevented from declaring bankruptcy and lining up at foodbanks?

Millions of Americans Are Heading to Foodbanks for the First Time in Their Lives

Only 47% Of Working Age Americans Have Full Time Jobs

The complexity of social organization today, with billions of independently employed people across the globe trying to keep a roof over their head will prevent any mass chaos. Nobody wants to lose their security unless they have none to start with. A fair chunk of people today do.

Egypt: Internet down, police counterterror unit up

Brzezinski's Feared "Global Awakening" Has Arrived

inancial Crisis Was 'Avoidable,'

Egypt Protests Happening NOW

Protests erupt anew in Yemen, Algeria, Tunisia

Therefore we can question and protest against the authorities all we want and probably need to in order to bring about change. It is in fact the only reasonable thing to do. To sit idly back and pray for stability is nonsense.

I agree. One of the reasons I support Wikileaks and the work they do.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Here is what I don't get.
EVERYBODY wants to be free.
When people in other countries overthrow their tyrranical oppressive government they are applauded
and praised for throwing off their chains of oppression. Even if it means they had to kill to do it.
Then they set up a government which represents the people. GREAT! The world is a better place and these people are heros. CNN will report on how courageous the people are for taking back their government and we will all have the warm and fuzzies over here in America.

Now..... if WE try something like that in AmeriKa we are not heros. We are domestic extremeists or worse.......the "T" word.

WHY!!!!!!

Why the double standard????

Aren't the protesters in Egypt domestic terrorists?????
Well the answer is YES.....in EGYPT!!!!! TO THE EGYPTIAN GOVERMENT and them only!!!!

Just like if Americans revolted against our tyrranical government we would be considered domestic terrorists...........by the people we are overthowing but, to the rest of the world we would be viewed the same way we are viewing the Egyptian protesters right now. Heroic.

If you live in AmeriKa and do not support a revolution then when one does happen will you really deserve to enjoy the freedoms the revolutionaries will enjoy?????

The way I see it from where I sit is this absolutely IS the beginning of the end!!!!
The end...........of tyranny and opression. the end of slavery, the end of evil and corruption.
I am not making threats nor am I psychic.

If a boat has a hole in it I can tell you what is going to happen if nothing changes. The boat WILL sink.
IT HAS TO. It is just doing what boats with holes in them do. It is sinking. It might LOOK like it is floating for a time.
It might look safe....for a time. But, rest assured it WILL sink at some point. PERIOD!!!!

The system of power and controll that has plauged this world for thousands of years has a hole in it.
It doesn't take a genius to see what is going to happen. It HAS TO!!! It has no choice!!!
The system HAS to collapse.

Time is on my side....wait and see.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I hope not. At least not where I live. I've accepted things will never be perfect, no matter how many revolutions occur.

Sure some things have to change, but that could be done without violence. I understand what's going on in Egypt and other countries living under autocratic regimes. I may tolerate a revolt in those countries more so than the US or Europe.

Are things really that bad? The fact that your able to even see this post should prove to you that they're not.

There are countries with FAR less. Countries without food and water. Last time I checked there is no lack of food anywhere in my country.
edit on 29-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

So then as long as the neighbors wife cheats on him more than your wife cheats on you.......then you overlook it???
I'm lost right now....I truely am. Please explain how you get through life with that mentality.

Do you only apply that mentality to certain areas but then not others...as you see fit?
If so then that doesn't sound very consistant to me.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I hope so!!!
Let's break the parameters of the paradigms and re-set OUR world!

Breaking the Parameters of the Parasitic-Paradigm

Haven’t I said that the story is ambient in your culture?
Children assemble it from many media…
You’ve obviously turned off your mind.
Mother Culture has crooned you to sleep.
-Ishmael (Quinn, 1992, p. 3)

Discourse creates paradigms and it is within these paradigms that societies are. Therefore, the ability to control discourse parlays into the ability to control how society is.
Telecommunications infrastructures have changed the procedures and tools needed to dominate discourse. The transmission mediums are no longer mothers and nurses telling city-state approved stories orally to children as in ancient Grecian society (see Plato, The Republic, Book II ). The use of transmission mediums that rely upon the electro-magnetic spectrum now facilitate communication arrangements. The radical disintegration of spatial and temporal dimensions of communication arrangements brought about by the use of the electromagnetic spectrum for communication has increased the breadth and depth, the complexity and intensity, of the struggle between powerbrokers (known here as “the passengers”) and the masses (known here as “the pullers/toilers”) to control discourse, and subsequently control society. Communication arrangements have changed; yet, American government is still eerily Ancient Greek-like; it is manipulatively logocratic , overtly plutocratic , unjustly kleptocratic and downright hegemonic; rather than actually democratic . The prevailing local and global discourse is manufactured and maintained, and undemocratically and hegemonically dominated, by “the passengers,” by a gang of ‘wealthy’ humans.
The struggle to control the discourse is a struggle between the takers and the leavers (Quinn, 1992), between the passengers in riding in sections A [armed forces], B [bureaucracy], and C [corporate power] of the coach (society) and the toilers who pull the coach (Bellamy, 1888; Green, 2001), between the powerful few and the masses of humanity (Blum, 2004; Herring, 2008; Rothkopf, 2006). The passengers and the toilers struggle to dominant discourse in order to dominate society so that they are able to attain their respective desired socio-economic dynamics; those being, an ‘earth raping, coach-like, parasitic socio-economic dynamic’ versus an ‘earth preserving, everyone walking, symbiotic socio-economic dynamic’.
Instead of a symbiotic relationship among humans, the dominant paradigm we’ve been conditioned to think and operate within demands that some passengers ride, while others toil and pull. Adam Smith summed up the logistical view that supports this philosophy when he wrote the following in “The Wealth of Nations”:
“Among civilised and thriving nations… a great number of people do not labour at all, many of whom consume the produce of ten times, frequently of a hundred times more labour than the greater part of those who work; yet the produce of the whole labour of the society is so great that all are often abundantly supplied, and a workman, even of the lowest and poorest order, if he is frugal and industrious, may enjoy a greater share of the necessaries and conveniences of life than it is possible for any savage [!??] to acquire. The causes of this improvement, in the productive powers of labour, and the order, according to which its produce is naturally distributed among the different ranks and conditions of men in the society, make the subject of the first book of this Inquiry.”

Of course this view and the paradigm it supports is fallacious and immoral.
Everyone should be walking.

The masses of toilers can and should dismantle the paradigm and replace it with one that respects the commons, and does not segregate the commons so that most of it is controlled by only a few, while the rest of the populace get scraps that they are told they otherwise would not have. The toilers must regain control over discourse to break free of this unacceptable paradigm. To do so they must understand the way in which the passengers’ chosen discourse controls society, break that control and build communication situations that head in an opposite direction, toward a non-parasitic paradigm.
Again, today, mediums are no longer mothers and nurses, mediums are so vast and quick that the messages can break former time and space constraints, and when they do, they are much more consequential. Today, technology is embedded in the communication arrangements in such a way that control over the mediums and/or controlling the messages carried by the mediums is more potent a power than ever. In a way, and in the words of others, telecommunications “collapses distance, between here and there, near and far, fact and fiction. It widens the distance between those who have and those who have not. Representing the most penetrating and sharpest (to the point of invisibility) edge of globalization, it disappears the local and the particular. It leaves little space for the detached observer.” (Der Darian, 2001, p. xviii) “We walk around with media-generated images of the world, using them to construct meaning about political and social issues. The lens through which we receive these images is not neutral but evinces the power and point of view of the political and economic elites, [the passengers], who operate and focus it. And the special genius of this system is to make the whole process seem so normal and natural that the very art of social construction is invisible.” (Gamson et al, 1992, p. 9)
The message and the medium are equally important, equally used, equally effective in the quest to build-up and maintain unpopular paradigms, in the quest to manipulate perspective. However, it is easier to control the message, whether sent or received or in mid transmission, if in control of the medium. This goes back to Plato. He understood that the content of the stories, the messages, were very important to social manipulation missions, however, he honed in on the mothers and nurses because he knew these were the transmission facilitators, they were the mediums. Today, the mediums are satellites and transmission materials in towers, a variety of cables, the electricity or power plants they require, and more, including, again, the electromagnetic spectrum .
Telecommunications infrastructure has replaced mothers and nurses in discourse schematics. When Disney broadcasted its’ messages throughout Chilean culture via telecommunication, local intellectuals recognized the stories transmitted by the megaspectacle that is the medium called television as intentionally socializing. They coined the term ‘media imperialism’ to describe Disney’s use of media to infiltrate, erase, and replace culture (Dorfman, 1983). As well, local Iraqi and Afghani intellectuals realized that telecommunications infrastructure were pivotal in discourse control schematics. Not only did the American military pay private companies to create news outlets, write stories, and publicize them in a way that attempted to camouflage the source, they choose broadcasting stations to be amongst the first targets in their so-called strategic airstrikes (Barker, 2002). Too often, discourse control by way of monopolizing telecommunication mediums goes unnoticed, and the powerful are further empowered and the not so powerful are further unknowingly disempowered. In Hope’s Edge, Francis Moore Lappé writes, “…most of us are [trapped] in the dominant ideas of our modern world, solidified in the last thirty years and reinforced daily by ever-more concentrated media. These ideas have become “thought traps,” making us believe our only path is the one we’re on, blinding us to solutions already in bud and within the reach of each of us.”
The media is indeed “ever-more concentrated” in the hands of the passengers (Sarikakis, 2004). Josh Silver of the media reform group ‘Free Press’ said of the current attempt by the largest TV cable provider in America to merge with another large media corporation, “If Washington allows this deal to go through, Comcast will have unprecedented control of marquee content and three major distribution platforms: Internet, broadcast and cable. We’ve never seen this kind of consolidated control.” The owning of mediums to such a drastic extent occur when both infrastructural and institutional entities are able to be controlled by the passengers. The parasitic paradigm that ABCs operate within allows for, and indeed encourages, this control. A recent study of medium ownership in ninety-seven countries found that across the world the largest media firms are owned by the passengers. Moreover, during the study, two theories of government ownership of the media were examined. The public interest theory, according to which, government ownership alleviates market malfunction. And the public choice theory, according to which, government ownership undermines political and economic freedom. The data supported the public choice theory. The authors of the study concluded that the evidence was “broadly consistent with the ideas that there is large amenity potential (control benefits) associated with owning [mediums]” (Djankov et al, 2003).
Interestingly, the monopolization of media to control discourse was acknowledged decades ago. At a conference in Mexico in 1976, it was said within the final statement that "News has become a mere merchandise to be sold according to the 'logic' of the dominant market, and, consequently, cannot reflect the historical, cultural, and political realities that give facts their real dimension.” In 1983, in his book Media Monopoly, Ben Bagdikian declared that the “result of the overwhelming power [enabled by the revolving door] … has been the creation of widely established political and economic illusions [or fallacious paradigms] with little visible contradictions in the media to which a majority of the population is exclusively exposed.” He went on to say, that at “issue is the possession of power to surround almost every man, woman and child in the country with controlled images and words, to socialize each new generation…” And, yet, still, the toilers have not solved the problem. On the contrary the situation, arguably, has worsened, despite ‘new media’. The parasitic paradigm is pervasive and difficult to see past when the most highly funded, most widely sent and received messages, support it.
The passengers continually move between sections A, B, and C. This dance is known as the ‘revolving door’. For example, Gregg Rothschild was Vice President of Government Relations at Verizon after spending over a decade in government positions. Dorthy Attwood is now Senior Vice President of Regulatory, Planning and Policy at AT&T, she was the Bureau Chief of the Federal Communications Commission. Donald Rumsfeld served as CEO of General Instrument Corporation (“A leader in broadband transmission, distribution, and access control technologies for cable, satellite and terrestrial broadcasting applications, the company pioneered the development of the first all-digital high-definition television technology (Wikipedia)”. He also served as the 13th and 21st Secretary of Defense. The list of examples is extensive. The existence of a revolving door allows for drastic discourse control, such as the Verizon corporation blocking hundreds of text messages requested by pro-choice abortion activists while the government stands by idly. Regarding this situation, Timothy Wu, a law professor at Columbia University in America, cited an analogy to Verizon’s decision, stating, “Another entity that controls mass text messages is the Chinese government” (Liptak, 2007). The result of the revolving door is a maximization of discourse control by way of blurring the checks and balances democratic societies are supposed to maintain so as to keep those in sections A, B and C, honest, just, and non-monopolistic… financially and informatively.
Thomas Jefferson once said “Information is the currency of democracy.” In order for democracy to exists and function the pullers must take back the control of information from the passengers, they must dominant discourse. The US armed forces are working hard to prevent this. The former Director for Strategic Communications and Information on the National Security Council claimed that there “is no alternative but to harness information to protect and promote national interests (Jones, 2005).” Perhaps the most famous proponent of government monopolization of information, John Poindexter, has purported, “It would be ideal if we could have an uncontrolled flow of information. But we realized you can't do that.” A leading receiver of military money has been the Rendon Group, the president of which "insists that information is terrain and someone will occupy it, either the adversary, a third party, or US... [it] is an instrument of national power, just as military, economic and political. Like any weapon or tool, the United States Government needs to use it or cede the 'battlefield' to someone else” (Urrutia-Varhall 2002). Technological advances, such as in quantum cryptographhy, are enabling the passengers, especially those or close to section A to dominate communication arrangments as they wish.
Ultimately, for democracy to function, the currency…the information... must not be concentrated in the hands of a few and controlled by a few. Justice Louis Brandeis shrewdly pointed out, "We can have a democratic society or we can have great concentrated wealth in the hands of a few. We cannot have both.” The toilers should believe in and actively protect and participate in democracy. The toilers must recognize the evil wolf in sheep’s clothing; they must heed Bill Moyers advice, and feed the good wolf, as he analogizes below:
“I heard this story a long time ago – of the tribal elder who was telling his grandson about the battle the old man was waging inside himself. He said, “It is between two wolves, my son. One is an evil wolf: Anger, envy, sorrow, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is the good wolf: Joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.” The boy thought this over for a minute, and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?” The old Cherokee replied simply: “The one I feed.” Democracy is that way: The wolf that wins is the one we feed, and the media provides the fodder. Democracy without honest information creates the illusion of popular consent while enhancing the power of the state and the privileged interests protected by it. Democracy without accountability creates the illusion of popular control while offering ordinary Americans cheap tickets to the balcony, too far away to see that the public stage is just a reality TV set. Nothing more characterizes corporate media today – mainstream and partisan – than disdain towards the fragile nature of modern life and indifference toward the complex social debate required of a free and self-governing people. This leaves you with a heavy burden – it’s up to you to fight for the freedom that makes all other freedoms possible.”

To escape the “thought-traps” and support the “good wolf” the toilers must ignore the paradigms’ parameters (parameters the passengers work very hard to keep intact). The parameters are dangerously stifling; the manifestation of the passengers’ chosen paradigm essentially results in a society in which we destruction and harm are accepted as progress and development.

GDP actually measures the rate at which the economy is extracting useful resources from nature,
running them through the economic system, and disposing of them as toxic waste into our air, water, and soils.
-David Korten (2009)

“The ability to bestow meanings – to ‘name’ things, acts and ideas- is a source of power” (Wolf, 1982, 388). By separating the referent from the reference, situational awareness is drastically diminished. This is one of the most important aspects of telecommunications based power, as it is now possessed by the few…
the inside meanings of situations and things is continually successfully separated from the outside meaning of situations and things. For instance, the term ‘strategic communication ’ (outside meaning) is not connotative of propaganda and privacy breeching (inside meaning), but is indeed just that. For instance, the term ‘information operations ’ (outside meaning) is not connotative of hegemonically consolidating and monopolizing telecommunications infrastructure (inside meaning), but it is indeed just that. For instance, ‘enterprise approach’ (outside meaning) is not connotative of turning the military into a giant hegemonic corporation that controls the flow of information (inside meaning), but it is just that.
The Air Force’s Vision 2020, the Joint Chiefs of Staff’s Joint Publication 3-13, Secretary of State’s Information Operations Roadmap confirm the Federal Government of the United States’ concentration on controlling the flow of information imperially, or more accurately, hegemonically (considering the end goal is a New World Order); as do the recent contracts given to private corporations for psychological and combat operations. If the toilers are to control discourse and attempt to cut the reins that not metaphorically, but psychologically and financially keep them attached to the coach in which the passengers ride they must unbury the inside meaning and ignore the distractive fluff that is often the outside meaning. Somewhat paradoxically, one way to begin to find the inside meaning is to recognize the illusiveness of semantics and gain the courage to demolish many of the semantics used by the passengers in discourse.
Initially I wanted to begin this paper by engaging in the radical act of disrespecting their discourse by saying: call it a spatial process, modernism, network warfare, acculturation, strategy, information warfare, natural, technological determinism, economic information warfare, soft or hard power, social determinism, theory, intelligence based warfare, new world order, cocacolonization, command and control warfare, geospatial intelligence, globalization, cyberspace warfare, capitalist expansion, post-colonial, strategic communication, mcdonalization, a concept, post-industrialism, consumption or production, realism, electronic warfare, electromagnetic warfare, psychological operations….It’s all the same. damn. thing. The same referent. There’s clearly a group of people trying to take over the world; trying to create, a global hegemony. It’s hegemonism. It is all, of, by and for the same thing (and that’s not the people); it’s all of the hegemonic, by the hegemonists, and for the hegemony.
Today the ways in which information flow through cultures or from land mass to land mass, the way information is generated and logged is increasingly privatized and militarized in concert with the global hegemonizers instead of the global communers. Communication mediated by technology allows the United States government and its partners to control society. What the Chileans experienced, they called media imperialism. The current situation should be called media hegemonism. A brief excerpt on the term “hegemony” might be helpful here.
“[Hegemony] means the way in which the entire ideological complex of beliefs, values, and perceptually based attitudes that function for the reproduction and sustenance of ruling class domination comes to saturate every aspect, and particularly the social institutions, of society … the corporate domination of mass culture in a class-stratified society has as its ultimate consequence an industrial control of consciousness. The [passengers] not only control the production of mass culture in order to accumulate wealth, [they] also, by dominating the belief systems of the working class, reproduce [passenger] rule. In particular…the abilities of the [toilers] to think reflexively and to analyze the social and individual conditions of everyday life [are] short-circuited by this consciousness industry. Consequently, hegemony is one of the reasons that the [toilers do] not revolt…”
(Gottiener 1985, p. 982)
Media hegemonism embedded in the pursuit of a global hegemony is the use of the electromagnetic spectrum, the waves, associated wires, mirrors, etcetera, to control mediums and the messages, essentially, to control the communication of information, ideas, history (and causally, reality,) in order to sculpt a social situation conducive to global hegemony. Information sharing is an integral part of human survival. Commun-ication of information, or discourse, is a means to a popularly desired sustainable global commune. Unfortunately, a global hegemony, not a global commune, is the desired end to a slew of ideologically immoral policies devised, pursued and implemented by the passengers, by old families of money, be it acquired from banks, oil, timber, steel, water, enslavement…and/or accordingly. Weak propaganda and monopolization legislation fail to prevent the passengers from pouring billions into what they, for instance, refer to as information operations, public affairs, information warfare or strategic communication. In a sense, the root meaning of communication, that being ‘to share’ has been completely stolen by the passengers.
Breaking the parameters of the passengers’ parasitic-paradigm requires media autonomy instead of media hegemonism. Media autonomy is in opposition to feeding the evil wolf. Media autonomy is the physical and virtual framework for “honest” information sharing; for organic, unprocessed, unrefined communication, which is necessary in order for democracy to exists (Colby, 2005), but, (and in opposition to one of the parameters planted by the passengers) media autonomy cannot exist in a capitalistic society. Currently the dominant paradigm is that it can, it is a paradigm the passengers actively work to maintain and proliferate (Barker 2008). The toilers must break it.
Again, Bill Moyers offers insight into the situation:
Extremes of wealth and poverty cannot be reconciled with a truly just society. Capitalism will breed great inequality that is destructive… [it must be overrun] by an intuition for equality which is the heart of democracy. When the state becomes the guardian of power and privilege to the neglect of justice for the people who have neither power nor privilege, you can no longer claim to have a representative government.

As does Naomi Klein, author of No Logo:
[The toilers] the autonomous media activists [must work to]…liberate “meaning-making” from ‘public relations’ specialists and corporate board rooms. As they engage, connect, and project the voices of people around the world who are demanding freedom and justice, they crack open spaces in which social movements can grow and genuine democracy can flourish.

In other words, they break the parameters of the parasitic-paradigm. So go be autonomous media activists and help demolish the coach. Pick an axel, a spoke, a thread in a seam! Bring the passengers back down to earth so that they can remember that dust is not all that bad. After all, they did teach that "In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return” (Genesis 3:19). Combobulate! Take back the discourse! Take back your ability to engage in non-parasitic ratiocination and your right to live in peace, symbiotically. Go engage in social determinism! ‘Dis’ the current dominating course by dominating discourse.

References
Bellamy, E. (2009). Chapter One. In Looking Backward. Texas: El Paso Norte Press.
Bagdikian, B. H. (1987). The Media Monopoly - 2nd. Ed.. Boston: Beacon Press.
Barker, M. (2008) Democracy or polyarchy? US-funded media developments in
Afghanistan and Iraq post 9/11 Media Culture Society 30, 109. Retrieved from
mcs.sagepub.com...
Blum, W. (2008). Killing Hope:U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions since World War II. Monroe: Common Courage Press.
Bush, George Walker. (2006) National Security Strategy of the United States of
American [Speech], The White House, Washington D.C.. Mar 2006.
Colby, D. (2009) Toward a new media autonomy Communication Law and Policy, 10(4),
433-476. Retrieved from dx.doi.org...
Comor, E. (2004) Asia, ‘Media’ and U.S. Foreign Policy.Murdoch University
Derian, J. (2008). Virtuous War: Mapping the Military-Industrial-Media-Entertainment-Network (2 ed.). New York: Routledge.
Djankov, S. (2003) Who Owns the Media? Journal of Law and Economics, 46(2), 341-
381. doi: 11.11.2009 Retrieved from www.jstor.org...
Dorfman, A. (1983) Para leer a pato Donald. p141. Mexico: Siglo XXI
Gamson, W. Media Images and the Social Construction of Reality Annual Review of
Sociology, 18, 373-393. doi: 11.11.2009
Gottdiener, M. (1985) Hegemony and Mass Culture: A Semiotic Approach the American
Journal of Sociology 90(5), 979-1001. Retrieved from
www.jstor.org...

Green, L. R. (2002). Communication, Technology and Society (1st ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications Ltd.
Herring, G. C. (2008). From Colony to Superpower: U.S. Foreign Relations Since 1776 (Oxford History of the United States). New York: Oxford University Press, USA.
Jones, J. (2005) Strategic Communication: A Mandate for the United States Joint Forces Quarterly. Issue 39, p 110.
Liptak, A. (2007) Verizon Blocks Messages of Abortion Rights Group New York Times. Retrieved from www.nytimes.com...
Moore, F., & Lappe, A. (2002). Hope's Edge: The next diet for a small planet. New York, NY: Tarcher/Putnam.
Moyers, B. National Media Reform Conference Prepared Remarks. National Media
Reform Conference. Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, MN.
Sponsored by the Free Press and The Free Press Action Fund. 7 Jun. 2008.
Plato (2005) Book II. The Republic (A. Tschemplik, Trans.) UK: Rowman and
Littlefield Publishers, Inc. pg 81
Quinn, D. (1998). My Ishmael. United States and Canada: Bantam.
Richter, E. (2009) The future of information operations Military Review. Jan-Feb 2009, pp.103-113
Rothkopf, D. (2006). Running the World: the inside story of the National Security Council and the architects of American power. New York: PublicAffairs.

Sarikakis, K. (2004) 'Legitimating domination: notes on the changing faces of cultural
imperialism', in Hamm, B. and Smandych, R. (eds.) Cultural Imperialism: Essays
in the Political Economy of Cultural Domination, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada:
Broadview Press.
Schiller, H. (1978) Decolonization of Information: Efforts toward a New International
Order Latin American Perspectives 5(1), 35-48. Retrieved from
www.jstor.org...
Smith, A. (1982). Wealth of Nations, Vol 1(Inquiry Into the Nature & Causes of the Wealth of Nations). Indianapolis: Liberty Fund Inc..
Urrutia-Varhal, L.(2002) Public Diplomacy: Capturing the Information Terrain on the Way to Victory. Alabama: Air University.
Wolf, E. (1982). Europe and the People without History (1 ed.). Berkeley: University of California Press.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

Last time I checked there is no lack of food anywhere in my country.

Millions of Americans Are Heading to Foodbanks for the First Time in Their Lives

I do not advocate violence - but we all ignore truth at our own peril.

The cover-ups really do need to stop - else people will come to their own conclusions and determine their own courses of action - simply because they have been disenfranchised and effectively prevented from participating cooperatively.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Forget about political awakening, we need spiritual awakening to kick everyone out of this thousand year cycle of stupidity. This includes the low level consciousness of the Elite. Riots have been going on for many hundreds of years. Nothing has ever changed.

Take a moment, and look at humanity from a higher perspective. All you see is a bunch of idiots enforcing their will onto others without the slightest concern for life or compassion for love. We have made absolutely No ethical or moral progress. Regardless of the useless Governments we allow to form around us.

Considering the Elite's unwavering commitment to destroy the Earth and poison it's people to death, not to mention the societies death grip on spiritual and moral ignorance, I'd say that perhaps NONE of humanity deserves to continue living. Thankfully I am not God.

BUT if I were God, I would lift up all the tectonic plates, flip them upside down and smash everyone (face first) into the molten sea. No need to let ignorance, evil and stupidity walk on this precious Earth any longer.

The Elites continue to exploit our ignorance of ourselves and our sovereignty. Governments are viruses, and the people are the hosts.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Here's how I get through life. I have a checklist of things that I NEED TO SURVIVE.

1) water...check
2) food...check
3) love...check

that's all I need to survive personally. In my country, America, things aren't that bad. I've been to Africa, talk about a place that needs change. Does America need change? Yes, but not the kind where you take to the streets. See, in this country you have choices. You have a choice to play the "game". The "game" is not a winnable one, but it's your choice to play.

It's kind of like going to Vegas, playing roullette, and you keep betting all your money on 21. Well, 21 never hits, you lose all your money, and then bitch about it. That's what I see from most Americans, and no I'm not saying this is you. I see complaining. "ouch, my coffee burned me"; lawsuit. "someone said something mean", lawsuit. "the government isn't treating me right", yet you KEEP ON VOTING in the corrupt system.

I'm assuming your an American since your posting on this board in English and you sort of have the fake American machoism tone going. Tell me, what is so bad about YOUR life???

Do the wars suck? GOD YES!!!
Does it suck that drugs are illegal? ABSOLUTELY
Does uncle Sam take too much for taxes? OF COURSE

well what's the answer?

Most people have 2 responses: revolution or vote

Well at the moment the country is so divided you will never accomplish anything by voting. The other option is the American people revolt. I say to those of you that want to fight, good luck. Oh, and thanks for impossing tougher sanctions on those of us that you were trying to "free", IE police state.

Bottom line is, people are being played, and on both sides and it's sad that nobody is wise enough to see it.
edit on 29-1-2011 by GeechQuestInfo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join