It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt protests draw mixed reaction in region

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

At least it's something to watch for. Thanks. Yesterday in another thread of mine, someone from Romania mentioned that the way they kept a lid on it during their revolution was to take over the stations, something that is a smart tactic and target. We looked at that point to see what was happening in that regard in Egypt, but there was nothing.

I meant to put this in the OP too: If Egypt falls, Syria must follow

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
To see President Assad oust in Syria would be a dream come true LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Boonie just started a thread on this... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Interesting reaction: The king of Marocco alerted his troups and left the country, to spend some time in his Chateau in France.

French article here

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Oh, wow Siddharta...that's very interesting considering that's where King Abdullan is reported to be. Thanks!

And so many others of the "elite" are in Davos making big time trouble for Iran. Link

Does anyone doubt Iran is the real target here...they're pretty much all that stands in the way of a totally "westernized" ME.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Interesting because I heard the King of Saudi Arabia just left Britain after hospitalization and flew to Morocco instead of returning home......

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Many of the looters have been found with Egyptian Central Security ID cards........

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Yes, I believe I included that in the OP? Maybe that was another thread.

So yeah...while Rome burns....Davos panel sees huge Iranian response to attack

...and the Saudi King is in Morocco and Morocco and Sidd just posted that tidbit bout the king of Morocco alerting troops and leaving for his chateau in France. Wonder if King Abdullah is on the move too?.

Just how many world leaders and elite are "out of place" at the moment? I think there's worse coming in the ME. Much worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I think you are right.....Middle East is on FIRE.....

come on Syrians; get rid of Assad LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I just saw that about the ID cards on Twitter....that will be interesting to watch. Coindicentally, just posted this in another thread, and then saw your post here.

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

al Jaz reported looting very early on in the coverage yesterday, and to be frank? That neither seemed right nor sat well with me. I think they're playing with words.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Military has just called in reinforcements......not good announcement

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This has gotten little media attention, but there is also an uprising taking place in Albania, it appears to be a rather large one so I'm surprised it has not been given much attention.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 29-1-2011 by Jeremiah Johnson because: typo

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Good find....Jeremiah. Thanks. Sounds like things could escalate there too. I found this video...

Maybe you should start a thead to track this?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Thank you for the find, I just created a thread and added the times article and video. Considering this is taking place in Europe and a Nato member country I'm quite surprised it's basically had little coverage.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join