It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pepsi Retro/Throwback

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

I drink it. Though in fairness -- I might have 1 or 2 cans of soda in a week.

Soda is not food, nor is it refreshment. It is desert.

That said -- pepsi throwback is so much better then pepsi or coke with high fructose corn syrup one might as well compare rape and Christmas.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I get the real sugar version of Dr Pepper at Walmart all the time here in KS. Their is also a bottling plant in TX that makes it all the time. Mexican made Coke is made with sugar, so Coka Cola is not making a retro version. Look for it at stores that sell Mexican made food items.

I can't hardly stand the HFCS Dr Pepper now. It just doesn't give my teeth the buzz the sugar stuff does.

edited adding web site

www.dublindrpepper.com...
edit on 093131p://01America/Chicago29 by Tinman67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Anecdotally -- eliminating most sources of HFCS in my families diet over the last 5 months has had the following effects:

My wife lost 26 pounds, and I lost 8, with no measurable change in diet or exercise. In fact, I quit smoking during this period and still lost 8 pounds over 5 months. YMMV.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
the pepsi throwback reminded me of how pepsi used to be. i used to love and live for pepsi, but then the taste began to change and i no longer enjoyed it as much. i then had the throwback and my love for pepsi was rejoiced.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Walmart in Fort Wayne, IN was selling Mexican Pepsi. I wondered why. I don't drink any pop but what I find in a the "health food" section because I don't like carbonation, but my husband was all excited.
Anything with artifical sweetener should be banned. It's just icky tasting, icky feeling, and literally makes me sick....You get what you pay for, I guess.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinman67

There's a Dr Pepper plant in Dublin (actually close to Stephenville, where the ufo flap was in 08) and the Dr Pepper museum in Waco (GREAT park there on the Brazos River!)- there may be a bottling plant there, too. They sell it (including by the case. 4 sixpacks is about $28 + tax). There is a limited area they can sell it in in Texas due to an agreement with (?) Snapple (I think it's like an 80 mile radius of Waco, but don't quote me please), but bootleg is all around south of Austin and quite a few restaurants have it. We've been drinking the little glass bottles for about 4 years.

The stuff in cans and plastic is completely different than the stuff in glass bottles (I can't stand it...bong water unless it's ice cold).

HFCS is probably only cheaper because of corn subsidies. Glass is so much better, environmentally and sanitary-wise.
Drink up, you guys. Maybe the bottling companies will get the message.

edit on 29-1-2011 by DogsDogsDogs because: one L in Dublin

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
For me there is a major difference between throwback and the current Pepsi in both taste and smell.
There is a definite chemical odor in the current Pepsi.Throwback tastes like a lighter version of RC Cola.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Pepsi Throwback... Mtn Dew Throwback... sometimes we can over think anything... just enjoy them while we can.

I intend to stock up so I can enjoy with the first ripe tomato sandwiches this summer. A combo I haven't enjoyed in years...or maybe salty peanuts in my Pepsi... 1970 all over again. And to honestly realize some people don't believe in God.

Isn't this one of the signs of the Apocolypse? World chaos...economic collapse...rumours of war... real sugar in Pepsi...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

This is sort of scary to me because I swore off soda years ago and haven't missed it since.
It tastes awful and can't believe I ever drank it in the first place.
It wasn't until recently that a coworker told me that soda hasn't been sweetened with sugar in years.
It is sweetened with HFCS. WOW

Now, I have found Pepsi sweetened with real sugar, tasted it, and remember why I used to drink it. I used to taste awesome. And now it does again. I feel like a little kid in a candy shop.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

I don't know if I would call it a sign of the Apocalypse (they are after all still selling it) but it is an interesting step.

My hope is that this is a sign of companies realizing that people don't want to be loaded up with synthetic compounds from everything they consume. Although the chemicals are probably cheaper, what good is that saving if no one wants to buy your product?
edit on 30-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
throwback pepsi still has minor afternotes of aspertame, at least to me anyways. the mexican versions of pop have a superior taste but with the mexican water in them, they also have a superior chance of giving you the runs

best soda is around passover, coke and pepsi make american style pop with real sugar. you can find them by the color of thier caps. cokes is usually yellow then.
edit on 30-1-2011 by wingsfan because: added

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Once again, we see that preventing cancer comes down to dietary choice. One of the easiest things a person can do to prevent cancer, based on this research, is to avoid all processed carbohydrates. That means eliminating from your diet refined white flour, refined white sugar, milled grains, and ingredients like high-fructose corn syrup. These ingredients are all man-made or artificially processed ingredients that are not normally found in nature. You don't find refined white sugar growing in the sugar cane fields. You don't see white flour growing on wheat grass stalks in the field. Instead, you see whole grains growing in nature, and it is these whole grains that should be consumed by human beings if they wish to attain a high degree of health.

www.naturalnews.com...

Refined white sugar is artificial.

It does not occur naturally in nature.

High fructose corn syrup is bad for you, no doubt. Refined white sugar (in pepsi throwback) is not much better.

Say someone's been poisoning you for your whole life and you just found out. Are you still going to trust them when they give you something new and tell you its safe?

Anyone heard of 'Neotame' ? -scary

Eat an apple for christ sake.
edit on 30-1-2011 by vermonster because: link

edit on 30-1-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I have bought Pepsi throwback in the past and it wasn't bad at all.

I recently purchased two cases and it tasted like insect repellant. It didn't use to taste like that. I couldn't drink it.

Personally I prefer Jones Pure Cane Cola.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

We've had it here in the U.S., on and off, for the past couple of years. First time it was in stores, I jumped at the chance to buy it, then it went away. Next time it came out, it had the old pepsi logo and I loved it. They also had the original Mt. Dew, complete with retro packaging.

We don't have it here now... not that I've seen anyway, but it was good stuff. I do expect that they'll bring it back out again at some point, but since I've stopped drinking pop/soda, it wont matter to me.
I will miss it though!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Good call!

The Jones Cream soda is probably the best on the market. So thick you can almost chew it.

Same idea...it's not made with synthetic ingredients and you can tell the difference. Also, I like the idea of supporting a 'little guy' in a market dominated basically by the two top players.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join