It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UFO Salt Lake: Channel 4 local news

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Nothing that jaw dropping but you can see one object release then drop another one out. So that set this apart (a bit) from the other cellphone UFOs.

The description says this was while Dugway Proving Ground Lock-down. Does anyone know what they're referring to?

It's nice that the news reporter mentioned this was not an airplane and also a brilliant move to add the non-believing lady into the segment. Kept everything nice and balanced.






posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Great find!

So we have UFOs in the sky but nothing on radar.

Cant wait to hear explanations for this one!



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
You have Dugway to the east of SLC.
You have Hill AFB to the north.
And you have the new NSA facility to the southwest.
So take your pick!

Also, about a year ago, there was a "meteor" seen arond Davis county and Utah county. I'll see if I can find the clip.
(I lived in Utah until 2 months ago.)



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Here it is!



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Ok,, don't usually comment on UFO vids here, buuutttt.


Two credible witnessess, check.

History of sightings in the area, check.

Creepy vid of PERFECTLY still lights, with foreground reference (low-res admittedly), check.

Dugway not too far, coincedence, conspiracy? Check.

If only cell phones had HD already. And the placement of the streetlight was not optimal.

But it did look weird. Must have been surreal standing there watching that.

Cool catch.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Yes, thats a meteor and?..... This video of the meteor is nothing like the video that was shot of the unidentified flyer.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by marriah3330
reply to post by beezzer
 


Yes, thats a meteor and?..... This video of the meteor is nothing like the video that was shot of the unidentified flyer.

Odd lights, something in the sky, and no trace of the meteor has ever been found.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


I remember that 'meteor' !!!
In fact there were a lot of meteors that year captured on camera or web cams.

Not sure they were all meteors but if 'they' said they were then by golly......I guess they were



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I probably said this in every thread around, but I watch these things ever single night. They are completely real and they are all over the place. Not helicopters, not planes, not satellites, not meteors, there are other intelligent beings operating those crafts, as I dont believe the military would be chilling above my house every single night for the past few months now. we will have disclosure as long as we live longer than a year or two without the world ending. there is no debate, they're real, they are here, keep you eyes to the skies and you can see for yourself.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
I probably said this in every thread around, but I watch these things ever single night. They are completely real and they are all over the place. Not helicopters, not planes, not satellites, not meteors, there are other intelligent beings operating those crafts, as I dont believe the military would be chilling above my house every single night for the past few months now. we will have disclosure as long as we live longer than a year or two without the world ending. there is no debate, they're real, they are here, keep you eyes to the skies and you can see for yourself.


A number of questions:

Where do you live? Have you recorded any? Has anyone else seen them? What time do they appear? Is there a pattern to their appearances?



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by beezzer
 


I remember that 'meteor' !!!
In fact there were a lot of meteors that year captured on camera or web cams.

Not sure they were all meteors but if 'they' said they were then by golly......I guess they were


Same here! Was asleep at the time, but the news the next morning was all over the place. Went about 2 miles past my house. I have a metal detector and went out to where it "supposedly" crashed. (I collect meteors, watch MeteorMen on Discovery. . . )
I found nada!



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi
 


Have you thought of recording these things that are over your house? I mean since this happens every single day why not back your word with some evidence, HD with tripod please.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi
I probably said this in every thread around, but I watch these things ever single night. They are completely real and they are all over the place. Not helicopters, not planes, not satellites, not meteors, there are other intelligent beings operating those crafts, as I dont believe the military would be chilling above my house every single night for the past few months now. we will have disclosure as long as we live longer than a year or two without the world ending. there is no debate, they're real, they are here, keep you eyes to the skies and you can see for yourself.


Where are you located? Can you take a few photos? If not, is there a city nearby that might have some live web cam shots?
I don't think many can say they see these every single night so that's quite unusual I'd say. Keep us posted



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Normally when a UFO is dropping something that’s a sign that its actually a lantern or hot air balloon, and its dropping ignited bits of its fuel source.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Normally when a UFO is dropping something that’s a sign that its actually a lantern or hot air balloon, and its dropping ignited bits of its fuel source.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.


Oh really now. And who exactly is operating the 'hatch' in this hot air balloon (seeing it's not a conventional craft) releasing this ignited-bit and ....floating/flying at night?

Makes absolutely no sense because first the 'who' (is flying a hot air balloon at night) is ridiculous
and the "why' are they releasing lit objects is even more ridiculous.


Sometimes (like now) a UFO is ...........just that!



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


reply to post by Human_Alien
 



Yeah, really…
There is no hatch. Bits of ignited material can occasionally fall out or burn their way through whatever is holding them in place. I have seen folks make these lanterns out of plastic dry cleaning bags with a wire hanger and the fuel source is bits of soaked cotton, or small candles suspended by something lightweight holding them in the center of the bag. If for example one of the candles accidentally ignites the string that is holding it in place, or burns through what is supporting it (ie a plastic straw or piece of cardboard), it will drop out the bottom exactly like what you are seeing here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is what I mean specifically:

I do not recommend anyone trying this either as they tend to be illegal in many areas due to risk of starting a ground fire.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.


reply to post by Human_Alien
 



Yeah, really…
There is no hatch. Bits of ignited material can occasionally fall out or burn their way through whatever is holding them in place. I have seen folks make these lanterns out of plastic dry cleaning bags with a wire hanger and the fuel source is bits of soaked cotton, or small candles suspended by something lightweight holding them in the center of the bag. If for example one of the candles accidentally ignites the string that is holding it in place, or burns through what is supporting it (ie a plastic straw or piece of cardboard), it will drop out the bottom exactly like what you are seeing here.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.


Okay, now I have a better visual but still think it's not what we're seeing.

Because the 'fuel drops' as you suggest, aren't usually as big and bright as the 'lantern' they're falling off from.
Think about.
Picture a lit cigar. Are the ashes as bright or large as the lit-tip of the cigar? Of course not.

I am not saying these are definitely not lanterns but to me, that one that dropped something, did not act like one.



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Actually even a simple birthday candle is quite bright against the dark sky, and can be seen for long distances. When they are attached to the bag, the bag itself reflects the light and it causes flickering, etc. Here is one in action:



As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/29/2011 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5
 


This is what you're proposing, correct?
Lantern/UFO dripping fuel.......




I seriously think not but......I don't know.



new topics

top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join