It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the End of the World - as we know it...?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

The psychopaths do what they do best, in the WU. They hunt down the weak government. The system necessitates that people do what they like and don't fight each other. The sheer fear of the entire world army coming down on you should make most people not fight. Those that do get as said. They are destroyed. The WU cannot actually cause this, nor can they make a nation do what they want. The WU is a psychopath-based organization utilizing the nature of man. if you tell the grown up, you get richly rewarded. IE, if a leader is planning something and someone tells, they get more than what the leader is offering.

It's a sociopathic military union that is more than eager to punch the face of anyone with the desire to extend their power. Thus the only safe way to extend your power is doing what your good at, earing credit and worth, and then using that to feed and enjoy yourself. By putting the cruel and brutal people not at the head of government, but at the head of the government of governments, you make it so that they won't affect the people. You create that "next level". It's like a video game. You HAVE to win it. You HAVE to get to the top. So the little people, like you and me, no longer become a target. They're just not that important. To control the WU, now that's what they want. But alas, they second they try it, they are told on by their compatriots and executed.

It's a trap, you see. An unachievable goal. No one can actually get to the top without being killed. But people will try, because humans have a need to be at the top. It's therefore a cannibal government. It eats its own leaders, so that the lower people can get to the top, only to be eaten as well. The only people interested in doing that are psychopaths, and they get what they deserve. Normal people will do their jobs in the WU and not seek power. Those that seek power will get it, and then be executed for an award.

Nasty, but functional.

reply to post by deessell

Depends. If they united, many other people would unite. You either get 1984 made into a reality or a Tesla-styled utopia where no one is strong enough to win and people just stop fighting.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
I studied and covered every riot in the region. My only take on what is happening over sea's from the US is US influenced. It almost makes me feel like the middle east is nothing but testing grounds in preparation for an uprise in the US of A. Since Obama has been elected there had been a total of 17 Civil Riots all in the middle east. Anything US related riots on US soil has been related to SPORTS only. I wonder what I could find If I looked up and researched US influences on the middle east. I would but I can't. I don't want my right taken away for looking up foreign news.
edit on 30-1-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

If any country has a finger in Middle East pie it would be Israel not the USA but neither candidate appears to benefit from the unrest which has fermented for years, while both have almost too much to lose... especially the Jews. Take a look at the map. Also, better not hold your breath waiting for revolution and/or riots in the USA.

Which of your "rights" do you think might be "taken away," and by whom?

edit on 30-1-2011 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Quite a lot going on over there right now. Since many scholars believe even the Antichrist will come from that part of the world, and that the nations that fight against Israel in the battle of Armageddon will all be Middle Eastern, should be fascinating to watch.

Ready, people? Don't be caught not ready.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Dear Friends, Patriots and Warriors of Truth:

Continuing to mine the riches of Nostradamus' Century V, Quatrain 48 reads --

After the great affliction of the sceptre,
Two enemies will be defeated by each other:
A fleet from Africa will appear before the Pannonians,**
By land and sea horrible deeds will take place.

Quatrain 47 actually enlarges this storyline --

The great Arab will march far forward,
He will be betrayed by the Byzantinians:
Ancient Rhodes will come to meet him,
And greater harm through the Austrian Pannonians.

"Another prophecy on the "New Arab Empire" theme," says Edgar Leoni in his commentary on Quatrain 47, "and a very obscure one." Leoni was writing in 1961, and for his purposes at that time, he always translated "Pannons" or "Pannonois" as being Hungarians, which was the then-current understanding;

www.rumormillnews.com...

www.nostradamusquatrains.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
@ the OP

This post is exactly why government goes overboard in trying to maintain an appearance of stability.

I mean really, don't you think posting "Is this the end of the world?" sounds just a tad sensational? I love the addendum "as we know it", since you already knew this was a stupid topic to create, yet you couldn't help yourself huh.

Reminds me of the Y2K idiots. Grow up, political change happens all the time. The world isn't ending, the sky isn't falling, no you aren't justified for going out and loading up on firearms and food/water. Get a grip on reality.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

so your first post at ats , is insulting another members opinion on stocking up on food, ammo , and being prepared?
ya we can sure tell what kind of person you are and what your going to bring to ats for sure, nothing but negative comments trying to debunk everything and derail everyones thread . needless to say i will not be stopping by to say hi and welcome when you make your introduction thread for sure

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It is the begining of the start of the end of the old ways of living and the oppressive power of ruling people through corruption and oppressive means. It is time to see yourselves as Earthlings of StarWorld Earth and not individual nationals. Do not call yourselves americans,russians,japanese or chinese.Unite and be earthlings to the eyes of the other beings in the from the distant stars.Your skin colour may be different,but your spirit being is all the same as everyone is an energy force.
You feel the change because you are waking up.The planet earth will not be destroyed but civilisation as you know it will not survive.Only a minute few will survive to rebuild a new era of life that will be the golden age where humble,good hearted people shall exist. The term "ascension" that is being spread through out is misleading.and misused. Do you actually think that you are spiritually evolved and elevated and pure enough to be able to ascend.Take a good look at yourselves.
If you want to try to survive,you should start preparing now by finding the ones who have the knowledge and wisdom.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

Let's hope it isn't...at least in a negative way!

Though there are too many things pointing in the direction of 'maybe it is' from all areas!

On Earth itself the political balance has become less stable. There are again East / West tensions, and general tensions in most continents.

Additionally there is the, 'natural' threat from whichever planet / star / pole / alignment theory.

The media is saturated with alien and apocalyptic movies and stories.

There is extreme weather and animals dropping, the bees, Yellowstone.

It has certainly gotten to the point that something is happening, it's undeniable.

Let's hope the powers of good prevail and this is the herald of a new age of unilateral enlightenment, peace, prosperity and happiness....however unlikely that sounds!
edit on 30-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Your zeal is admirable, but you misunderstand my intentions.

I'm not an American, for one, so can't really comment on what's happening on your doorstep as it were. I didn't say that Israel needed or deserved US help; instead, I meant that if the American politik-machine wants an excuse to get into the serious action-zone, they have a valid excuse, in that Hezbollah is seen by them as a 'terrorist organisation'.

As in, 'we need to monitor these terrorists-playing-governors much more closely to make sure they don't screw with Israel, and by proxy, us.'

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by yourignoranceisbliss

Wow, yourignoranceisbliss. You've really missed the point, haven't you..?!

I do not think this is a...

stupid
...topic.

Not at all. It's a very serious and worrying topic. And yes, the world as we know it might well change into something politically unrecogniseable within a matter of weeks/months/years as a result of what is happening NOW in the Middle East.

So you'd darn well better believe that it's worth paying attention.

Unless you like being one of the sheep? Incidentally, I wish 'sheepishness' on no-one; everyone should have access to the information needed to make balanced decisions in the face of what may come.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7e89a55f9c5.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT TO ADD - your last paragraph is extremely offensive. I would hope that you can apologise for telling me to 'grow up', and for your silly assumption that somehow I'm out stocking up on guns n' ammo etc.

Here in the UK, I'll meet the future with faith, not a gun.

Oh, and I have a perfectly decent grip of reality - though it seems you have your head too far 'into the sand' to claim the same.
edit on 30-1-2011 by FlyInTheOintment because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

Also, TPTB have made everything so damn confusing - who can tell what is good / bad any longer.

Just thought I'd say I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts there. It is so confusing, and it is deliberately so, imho. Thanks for your contribution!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I think many of the opinions on this thread are over-reactions to conventional situations.

Throughout the whole of history there have been numerous examples of internal and external aggression occurring simultaneously, it is an inherent part of human nature.

I suspect one of the the primary reasons all the unrest in this the world seems higher now than in the past is in part due to the improved communications. Also the media hypes up events and one is subjected to daily indoctrination.

One also needs to be careful not to swallow a lot of the scare mongering that goes on. I recall when Blair and Bush were appearing on the TV daily telling us about the dangers of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and used that to justify the invasion of Iraq. Lots of sceptical people, including the media, eventually swallowed that story. Look at the consequences. Scaremongering can be self fulfilling, so whereas this thread discussion is interesting it can also be potentially dangerous.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Nothing new, Middle east has been in turmoil for thousands of years...For us to see it in our lifetime it could be a shocker...Question is why Egypt? And UFO sightings? Does this have to do with the pyramids?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

well we all know the pyramids have a 'secret' and allude to planetary and astronomical alignment, and is the birthplace of many religions.

I guess if there's something major going on it has to start in Egypt.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Overall I think it will sort itself out there's been fighting in that part of the world for hundreds of years, chicken littles are everywhere around here.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WHOS READY

How can we counteract this?

Wow. That's a big question, and one to which I'm not sure we have a proper answer... Whether we can counteract the actions of the ruling class I don't know. My personal faith in a God who will intervene when the time is right is what keeps my mind trained on only accepting the good, and keeping a watchful eye on the bad.

We can all agree that bad things are happening in the world right now, on a scale which technology can be thanked for. I believe that as the situation deteriorates (which I think it will) then those who are 'awake and aware' will have a role to play in making sure people don't get swept along by the tide. How that will be possible I don't know; but I do believe that Humanity has allies in this universe, who are equally opposed (as we are) to the corrupt leaders and manipulative external forces we can see evident in the global events of the age. I suspect we may have help when we need it most; but we'll need to be ready to listen, and open enough to change our paradigms if needs be.

Fight the good fight..!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticalOne

Yet another who's missed the point. Please don't refer to me as a 'chicken little' figure - I was asking a question in the OP, and partly answering it by demonstrating special circumstances in the Middle East - circumstances that have led to the potential for a larger-than-previous conflict in that region.

Hang on a minute - if everyone who questions the perilous state of the world is a 'chicken little', does that mean nobody will pay attention when the SHTF? Be careful. We are literally minutes away from a horrific level of devastation if the people in charge decide to push a few buttons.

There is no harm in being aware of the realities of this world. Like almost everyone else, I hope nothing bad happens, but the history of the human race shows that war can be started by a single party turning on a sixpence and making a stupid decision.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeonflux

The PTB and the MSM are not referring to this as a worrisome scenario (for the West) as yet. When the scaremongering quietens down in the face of major turmoil, it's time to give an ear to the other possibility - that this is worse than we could have imagined, and that they are silently hoping that it goes away by itself. Or, that there is a coordinated agenda in place to step up tensions in the region whenever an opportunity presents itself, in order to clamp down on 'worth-having' assets of one sort or another.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Nice thoughts and observations. I agree with your last statement emphatically! Unlikely, yes. Impossible? Not at all. Here's hoping!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Good point - I was also wondering whether there may be a correlation between the degree of unrest in the world and the world's population, as the population increases so the unrest in the world will increase, which is what one would expect.

Mark off those major conflicts that have occurred in history, such as the last two World wars, to see if a pattern emerges, if there was some sort of correlation, not necessarily a correlation in terms of absolute numbers of people alive at the time but in terms of rate of population increase over a defined period, perhaps also dependent on region, it may be possible to use such a pattern to predict the probability of when the next major world conflict may occur?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join