It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advocacy Group Calls for Investigation of Google's 'Secret' NSA Relationships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Advocacy Group Calls for Investigation of Google's 'Secret' NSA Relationships

www.switched.com

A consumer-advocacy group is urging Congress to investigate what it calls a suspiciously "cozy" relationship between Google and the Obama administration.

In a letter (PDF) sent to Representative Darrell Issa, Consumer Watchdog asked the Republican to hold a congressional investigation into contracts that governmental agencies have signed with Google, as well as the NSA's "secretive" relationship with the company. The group went on to claim that the government took "insufficient" action after Google admitted to inadvertently collecting personal data from Wi-Fi networks with its Stree
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pcworld.com

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Former Google Employee sweethearting former company, that's an original plot.

More on the alleged Google & NSA spy collaboration.

I'm really interested to see how this turns out. I've long been against Google's practices of avoiding, circumventing, ploughing through and over the law.

Why are people going to jail for downloading a song they already OWN, and Google can link to every song, address, name, article, phone number and so on without consequence?

www.switched.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry
Why are people going to jail for downloading a song they already OWN, and Google can link to every song, address, name, article, phone number and so on without consequence?
When I was growing up I was taught the Golden Rule about "treat others the way you'd like to be treated", but I subsequently learned the REAL golden rule:

"Those with the gold make the rules"

That's why Google can do it but the little guy can't.

new topics

join