It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tinnitus, Ringing in the Ears,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by beebs
I occasionally get a random 'burst' of tinnitus... I guess maybe that means its not tinnitus. But its like one of my ears will just go deaf for a few seconds and then renormalize... really trippy.

Do you happen to have any tension in your jaw also, perhaps like TMJ?

TMJ tinnitus

There are traditional diagnoses for these things... which I would recommend checking out.

However, I have been led to some interesting information of other possible causes or related issues... nothing crazy like HAARP, but it is a bit more personal for this thread perhaps...

Cheers

Tinnitus/hearing loss is a known side effect from anti biotics. With some anti biotics you can even go more or less 100% deaf. I believe it is toxic to the auditory nerves, so i think anti biotics is more likely cause than tmj.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

This only applies to a small number of antibiotics, most of which aren't used under normal circumstances (only used in immunocompromised patients or those with antibiotic-resistant infections).

Here is a good list of those antibiotics, in case you were curious:

Link

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham
reply to post by Golf66

Gof66,
Try using the fan at night. It really works!
See post above regarding high freq. noise, me too.
73's,
Tom
edit on 29-1-2011 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

You know, I never really put the two together but I have noticed that I sleep a lot better in the summer when we have our window unit on (we live in old farmhouse without central air) and fans. That and when deployed I always slept better when those huge fans the military has that humm were on - but I guess pure fatigue played a role there as well.

I do usually have something on in the background as I did notice the correlation between the intensity in ringing when there is no "white noise" in the background. Afraid a box fan in these old farmhouses in the winter would be counter intuitive since they lack good insulation and are hard to heat/cool.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I think there is probably more than one explanation and related symptoms. There is a lot going on in the head, a lot of things with the potential to be interconnected and affect other things.

Check out some of the top links on that google search.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

My sympathies. I got hit by vertigo last month, still have it, and the ringing in my right ear sucks. I've not had anything that worked on the ringing.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I've had it for a year and a half, after a bout of Chemotherapy. Apparently that was one of the side effects and I was "lucky" enough to get it... I ignore it for the most part.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Dont know if this would work for anyone els but ive just found that if i have a hot bath just before going to bed the ringing almost stops for half an hour, and then once your head hits the pillow get into one of your favourite fantasies, There has been some interesting new research on how the Brains sound map may be adjusted to bypass the cause, they have done some testing on rats and have remapped their system with possitve results, so who knows maybe in the next few years they may get to grips with this problem.

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I have it mainly in my right ear - constantly... day & night - although it's not really heard but sort of generated inside my head.

Best thing I ever found to help ignore it is quiet background noise such as music or radio. Either that or try to focus on something else.

White noise also really helps to mask it entirely, for me anyway - but then the tinnitus is still there loud as ever after you switch off the white noise.

The best free white noise generator is right here:
www.simplynoise.com...

I'm listening to it right now & it really helps drown my tinnitus out completely.

<< 1   >>

join