It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom is Treading Water in a Sea of Complacency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
When you wake up and choose to get on the internet and sit in this chat room and debate freedom, that is freedom. When you choose to do nothing, that is freedom. When you choose to follow your ideology, that is freedom, even when it infringes on another's freedom. YOU ARE FREE already, every man woman and child is free the moment they choose. The problem arises when that choice entails physical pain and strife. It is hard to be free...

Freedom is Treading Water in a sea of complacency.

Driving down the road of freedom, you are enticed with many billboards offering lucrative endeavors that will cause a detour on that road. Those offers promise much in return for the least value, your FREEDOM. Your freedom means little to you, it means control to the persons you relinquish it to. One mans trash is another mans tyranny.

When you were born, you were free. The instant you spoke your first word, you were enslaved. It was insidious in nature and enticing along the way. It never asked for anything but your free will. These words will define your thoughts and mine, but not expand them, we do not learn to think but speak and write. This watch is your shackle, chaining you to the concept of time that does not exist. The door is a buffer, the window a shallow reminder.

The computer that brings you here is not freedom, the internet that connected you is not freedom. You are free to stream your thoughts into and out of your mind at will, but you must utilize password, encryption and synchornization to spread information on the internet. Insidious internet freedom.

What is life to you? Does it require anything unreasonable to accomplish? Does it require anything reasonable to maintain? Does it require a permit? A license? An authorization? Are those present a birth? What laws do the stars adhere to? Are we sure we understand it?

What is God to you? Is it the ability to see with open eyes the entire world at a glance? Is it the ability to change the world with a mere thought? Is it the ability to create life? Is it the ability to build something equal to or greater than oneself?

What is freedom to you? Diplomatic rhetoric? Documents and promises? The ability to take up arms for your team? Rights? Freedom is alien the moment we open our eyes.

We are free until we speak our first words, and we are released when we speak our last.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

So true,

But let's think about the many people who have no freedom. The many people in war zones. The many women in Islamic countries.

And let us think about being bored. A lot of people do not have the luxury of being bored. The many people in war zones. And see above.

We could also add all the starving people who the rich people on this planet choose to let starve.

I think it is time to thank our many blessings, including being bored.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

So true,

But let's think about the many people who have no freedom. The many people in war zones. The many women in Islamic countries.

And let us think about being bored. A lot of people do not have the luxury of being bored. The many people in war zones. And see above.

We could also add all the starving people who the rich people on this planet choose to let starve.

I think it is time to thank our many blessings, including being bored.

Having seen much of what you posted first hand, I will say that those people have more freedom that we could ever imagine. Freedom is a choice, from the moment you awake. It is not something you can earn, or buy for yourself. It is something that no one can take away and it is with you as long as you choose.

Freedom is starving and still fighting the oppressive regime under the false pretense that a truckload of food will buy yours.

Freedom is being in a war zone, and still being able to smile. The ability to pick up the pieces and start over no matter what the cost, or who tells you not to, even when that means death.

Freedom is being under Sharia law, and still going to school when it means certain death, and horribly so.

Freedom is our biggest waste product, as we spend most of our FREE time bored. We wonder why we don't produce anything of value and why we are bored in the first place. I read the forums, browse chat, and draw tattoo flash at the same time. I am here as a distraction to something serious, it is my freedom to do none of these things and go out to run for POTUS if I choose.

My freedom is immutable. How's yours?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

If one exists, then one is already trapped by being subsumed within that existence, and the choice not to exist usually makes most people etc baulk violently at it without hesitation.
Selfish eh!

So it's not really about being free in any physical sense. What people want to do is break the laws of existence and produce miracles at whim and at no cost to themselves. :shk:
SLACKTARDS!!!

Both God and freedom are choices that can't be made unless one is aware they are choices.

But ultimately regardless of choices ... our MOTIVES are the most important things ever...what we do and why we do themare both integral to existence and yet the why is so much more important and underlying than the what.

Personal Disclosure: OL is highly disgusted by anybody who can't totally explain themselves when put on the spot and under duress. It shows a weakness of resolve. It may be smart to
but its complete ethical FAIL and thats all I care about.

P.S. Since freedom is a farce, OL'll will keep on communicating as best I can so as to remain as transparent as possible!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

You hate what I post.

I post love others and yourself, love the planet and love animals. And I post love Jesus, and, by the way, I do not rule out other pure and spiritual beings. What is to hate about that?

Those people I posted about do not have freedom.

Why are a lot of people delusional?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Freedom is different to everyone, however I think it is best described as the ability to CHOOSE. That is what I most refer to it as in my time and I agree with OL on that one.

Every choice you make is freedom. However, the moment those choices are limited or swayed by any exterior force, that is when freedom dies.

You have the choice to drive or not drive. However, to drive legally you require a license. Thus, the choice has become scewed by an exterior force that limits your freedom by requiring you to do something in order to choose what you wish.

Of course, you could CHOOSE to drive without a license, and while this is indeed freedom, be enacting this freedom in modern day, you risk being incarcerated or having your possessions forcefully taken from you via fines. Incarceration punishes you by removing more choices and thus limiting your freedom further only on the mere choice that you chose freedom.

Once again, freedom is as simple as that. CHOICE. When you think about how much your choices are affected by laws, regulations, society, ect. you realize that freedom is severely limited by any standard, in all places around the world where people subject to be ruled by any force.

There should be one ruler of your life - you. Yet people have succumbed to the belief that they are incapable of life without rule. Tis a sad day indeed when freedom is lost forever unless people CHOOSE to take back their right to CHOOSE; their right to freedom.

top topics

join