It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Big Cat sighting with credibility?????.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Hello
I am new to ATS I signed up earlier on this month and I havent posted enough yet to start a thread in the correct subject area, So I apologise for posting this on here I just felt it relevent to let people know who might be interested in the subject.
I have been reading articles on Big Cats in England for a while and this one popped up so let me know your thoughts on big cats in the U.K
1.Could Big cats really rome the countryside and not be spotted more often?.
2.wouldnt there be more mutilated animal carcasses left for people to find?.
3.What type of cat do you think might survive in the U.K?.
Check the link for the News on the latest spotting
uk.news.yahoo.com...
Again I apologise for posting this here.

edit on 29-1-2011 by sharky980 because: Spelling it is early haha

edit on 29-1-2011 by sharky980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
so some ex cop saw a lion in the UK
anyway welcome to Ats

ps, why do they refer to the lion as mythical

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sharky980

Sure it's possible, they discover new things all the time. When you have enough posts to start a thread this would go in the cryptozoology forum. Welcome!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
They are not calling lions themselves mythical, just the big cats in the UK.

There has been many apparent sightings of these 'big cats' in the UK over the years but no conclusive evidence to prove they are out there.

Personally i think there is some out there, maybe escaped from a zoo or possibly smuggled in as pets and then let loose when they got to big to handle.

But who knows..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Predator90

animals that escape from the zoo, specifically cats, don't last long in the wild. There's a reason they are at a zoon not a nature preserve. I'd heard this story and seen video on many monster hunters? of a large cat in the uk possibly a panther

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yes, big cats do exist. I live in a rural area near the east coast in the US and there are Bobcats in and around my area. I have never seen one myself, but they're common to many hunters. I was actually with someone who saw one during the day which is rare, because they're nocturnal and are mostly sighted at night. He described it as about a 35 lb looking cat.

Bobcat

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

hi there was an escaped lion from a traveling zoo a week or so ago down south somewhere, they've caught that now though - he probably saw that - theres also been a panther running loose for the past few years - probably dead now though.... - you wouldn't find the animals it eats as they'd be in the middle of no where. or maybe its responsible for all the road kill

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thanks for welcoming me guys I have read loads of threads on ATS but I never signed up until recently!.
I just believe there would be more sightings if there were big cats roaming around and the sightings seem to be less and less frequent than in the past?.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
That's a cougar. Also known as a puma. We have tons of them in Canada, they avoid people. You never see their bones laying around either. They survive on other animals (or people). They've been know to jump off mountains into the backs of pickup trucks on some of our mountain hwys. They swim too, and hide really well, maybe that's how the first mating pair ended up in the UK.

If you ever do see one, don't run, back away slowly. They're just like little cats in the way they will chase and kill. They are way more powerful than your largest dog, usually, because of their strength and flexibility. You will need a weapon (very big pointy stick) to survive if it should decide you look like lunch.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

There are definately big cats in the UK, with sightings being reported all the time even as recently as this one i posted about here www.abovetopsecret.com....

They are reported up and down the country all year round, look into it i think youll be surprised at the credibility of some of those who have reported them.

Oh....and welcome to ATS.
edit on 29/1/2011 by Catch_a_Fire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS

Interesting article but unfortunately there isn't much to corroborate the sighting, he could of made it all up, he could of been mistaken or he could of seen a real ABC...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
not only is there reports, theres a fair amount of photographic evidence out there aswell

this one is from the area i grew up, kinda unnerving to know these things are out there and noone has any idea how to deal with one if you come face to face

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

join