It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Revolution is at your door RIGHT NOW!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Hide in your houses and they will burn it down. We are practically looking at being killed by both sides, the resistance and the government troops. Best chance would be to live in a forest somewhere and keep moving looking for a safe shelter. You got absolutely no chance surviving if you stay at home.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I would prepare for the wounded, even amidst the fighting, we are all Americans and so many would need assistance. Think of the civil war movies we have all seen. Our houses will be the hospitals and military bases, housing and resupply areas for both sides. You think barricading yourself in your home will be effective?

The revolutionaries would be searching for supplies house to house while engaging government troops.

The government troops would be going house to house looking for insurgents.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by BlackOps719

i was going to post my plan, but snap your rite and threads like these are just probes to see how the public will react!
with ips linking your info to your service provider then to you, star to you!!!!!!!!!

No need to worry....Hefficide isn't running a psyops here. All I meant to say was be aware that others are here and they are reading. Always be aware.

Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
and it sucks where i live you have the border patrol, German airforce base, state police, sheriff, local pd all close to eachother they would have my area locked down in a matter of minutes
and i have even read some report that
a German was interviewed on holloman about martial law and he told her that American soldiers would hesitate to fire on American people but they would have no problem doing so, and then turned and walked away.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Interesting scenario.

Not sure what I would do to be honest. Would I go out to try and stop the fighting? Quite possibly.

Would I lob Molotov cocktails and home made incendiaries at both sides for annoying me? Depending on how hungover I was. Piss me off enough, I may have to fashion KILLDOZER II!

and squish everything and everyone that gets in my way.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You're welcome Heff, and thank you for the fantastic, thought provoking thread. It immediately brought this video from the '80s to mind (this is the first time I've attempted to post a video, so I hope it works!):

It's fascinating to see the replies and the different ways people envision what this scenario would look like if it were a real situation and the different ways people would instinctively react. The human imagination is a remarkable mechanism. Seems as if there are a lot of conclusions being jumped to here. Guess I'm just a big believer in the survival practice of "sheltering in place."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I pretty much rely on the state for my survival, medication etc. So I would see if i could could hand myself over to any type of (fema) camp and see if I could get medical attention and take my chances. If that wasn't possible, I guess I would sit it out with my family and neighbors. Luckily, I live in a small tight knit community, who could potentially remain self sufficient depending on security issues. I guess the problem is you dont really know how your fellow citizen are going to react under such stressful circumstances.

We in the west have had life very easy for a long time, most of us have become soft and dont possess the survival skills and grit to cope with such dramatic social upheaval's. It will take a hell of a lot to get people revolting in The USA or UK to make any difference. Look around you, go to the mall, most people are content with their lot and happy to replace that missing something with a new purchase.

I'm not knocking those on here, who have prepared for the worse. It is a wise thing to do. I just cant see any type of revolution in our countries.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I'll be hiding from all the nuts who'd think that it would finally be their chance to play Rambo. Once the crossfire had died down, I'd do my best to help anyone injured and then head for the hills and look for Les Stroud.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
More than likely, by that point I wouldn't be in my home. I would have left long ago and been on the run as a "suspected terrorist" in today's society.

Based on the way things are now, I would be one of the men in the camo fatigues doing my best to lead the others in a way that won't result in useless, inefficient blood shed.

The problem with the OP is the fact that it makes it sound as if a revolution would be a Civil War style battle with troops facing each other head to head and taking turns firing their guns at each other. The simple fact is that if it occurred, at least in the beginning stages, you wouldn't even be aware of the "patriots in camo" because they would be hidden in the woods or various metropolitan areas in secret. They would be rallying the support of citizens and explaining their cause, and they would be doing battle strategically so as they might stand a chance.

You must understand that when a force outnumbers and out-arms an opposing force, the only chance that the other force has is to rely on guerrilla warfare to survive and slowly build towards an objective. You could bet that within days you will see small towns used as communes and bases in order to resupply and rethink strategies for the revolutionary forces, and it would not be by force but rather open acceptance.

Sadly, their will be the "rambo" types that for some ungodly reason will believe that they can stand up to the firepower of the worlds most advanced army. They will die in vain if they do not get their acts together and use their heads. It won't be about who can have the biggest head count or the numbers in the battle, it will be about who stands for the better ideals and who has a better reason to fight. It will be about who can gain more support from the common citizen, and if it comes to that point, we already know that the common citizen will not have much good to say about the government.

Regardless, unless it is reckless fighting by either side, I don't see a revolution pouring into private homes and involving those who don't wish to be involved. Undoubtedly there will be exceptions where it cannot be helped, but for the most part anyone who wants to take part in it will be able to, and anyone who does not should be relatively safe.

This is the way I see it happening.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Im not trying to derail a thread .....All I will say is be careful what you post here because your words are permanant and could be used against you if the situation were to unfold as such.

Just sayin'....it's never a great idea to broadcast to the world what you will or wont do. Some things are best kept to one's own self.

You know, every once in a while someone actually says something that makes sense.
I have a plan and that's all anyone needs to know.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The OP scenario is not only fiction, its a fairytale. The only way there will ever be fighting like that on western soil is if China finally came storming in. In which case you would be fighting with your military not against them. Not that most of you would be any help.

The point I'm trying to make is I think that a lot of this day dreaming sprouts from many of you having no control over your own lives so you fantasize about going ape-s$%t on your fellow man just to feel stronger. Brag about your weapons, day-dream about all the mayhem people will feel from YOU.

I Dont think any of you though about how to merge civil war into a new safe world where we all have an equal shot to make a difference. You just want to fight and hurt people.

At least the NWO has a plan for when the dust settles, what do you have? a gat? wow...you the man.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ya, that will solve everything. Smart, Once again, pissing in your own pool does not correct or oust the unjust ....
Violent civil unrest ... ??? Use your head, when the conflict is over. Then what ? For either side ? You are left rebuilding everything ... putting your people and country ( no matter which side wins ) in chaos for years and years while you sit as the winner, trying to figure out how to govern your newly found power......

Use your head people ... Thinking like this get us nowhere but backwards ... Smart one ..

edit on 29-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Actually if you reread the OP, carefully, I think you'll find that you've missed the intended point I was trying to make. I am NOT a member of the "guns = change" crowd.

It's even in my signature.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Don't tread on me.

That is my answer.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by VI0811

Actually if you reread the OP, carefully, I think you'll find that you've missed the intended point I was trying to make. I am NOT a member of the "guns = change" crowd.

~Heff

I've stated my opinion. And, what do guns have to do with change. ?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VI0811

Ok... since we're in fun mode... Let's try it this way....

Originally posted by VI0811

Ya, that will solve everything. Smart, Once again, pissing in your own pool does not correct or oust the unjust ....

What does this actually have to do with the OP? I am assuming you read it and aren't just replying to the title and the pictures.

There was no discussion of solving anything. There was no talk of ousting the unjust.

There was a hypothetical situation and a request for people to comment upon how they might react to a hypothetical. And even the hypothetical only represented conflict, for certain, in a localized manner.

Violent civil unrest ... ??? Use your head, when the conflict is over. Then what ? For either side ? You are left rebuilding everything ... putting your people and country ( no matter which side wins ) in chaos for years and years while you sit as the winner, trying to figure out how to govern your newly found power......

Where exactly did I imply that I was putting my interests anywhere at all? Where did I suggest I was interested i in power?

Use your head people ... Thinking like this get us nowhere but backwards ... Smart one ..

edit on 29-1-2011 by VI0811 because: (no reason given)

I agree that, in most circumstances which led to violence would be a step backwards.

But the point of the OP was to ask you how YOU would feel, think, react, if you were to wake in the middle of some form of revolt.

And now, so have I (stated an opinion).

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I can trace the roots of my family, in NC, back to well before the civil war. So, in the fine tradition of my ancestors I would proudly claim my modest bit of land neutraul. The first side to attempt a raid on my land, or force me to join their side, will get the same answer Lincoln recieved.

I started this day as a pacifist in this matter. I shall finish it a soldier fighting to dismantle your army.

In the matter of a raid I would fight untill such time as I could evacuate my wife and child to a safer place. At that time, if I should be alive, I would return to hold my piece of earth untill I die of lead poisoning or starvation. I only hope that I could be as strong as my newest hero Don Alejo Garza Tamez.

When a Mexican drug cartel delivered an ultimatum to Don Alejo to give up his ranch or suffer the consequences, it was expected that within 24 hours the place would be vacant, and it would be just another asset captured by the cartel. But they didn’t know they were dealing with someone with true grit.

On Saturday, November 13, a group of toughs arrived at Don Alejo’s ranch about 10 miles outside of Ciudad Victoria, the capital city of the Mexican state of Tamaulipas. Victoria, as it is now called, is about 100 miles due south of Laredo, Texas, and about 80 miles southwest of Brownsville. The ranch sits on a pretty lake where Don Alejo had lived most of his life. He was informed that he had 24 hours to vacate the premises. He responded simply that he would be waiting for them...

In a microcosm, Don Alejo was fighting the same fight that men of honor throughout the ages and in different lands have fought: freedom from aggression, defense against tyranny, light versus darkness.

edit on 29-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: my spelling sucks and I should proof before posting

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by VI0811

~Heff

He was not saying fight with guns, he stated that everyone else already was and you woke up to it. then what? It's not the OP that advocates use of violence he just laid the ground work for all the other trigger happy posters to come and dance. If what the OP scenario has already happened then it is too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join