It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am seeing a disturbing trend in the uk

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is a prelude of things to come, what once was a Bad dog on good dog story will soon turn to Bad person on good person one. This poor woman and her dog never had a chance by the likes of that creature; which is less a working class dog and more a hunter! He will kill again and most likely this is not the first incident since there is a muzzle involved.

I feel really bad for her and this is a serious trauma; please OP, look in on this woman and make sure she is OK, do not forget that she will experience PTSD without a doubt.

I wonder if there will be a line of Bad-boy muzzles for parents who cannot control their kids?

I have often thought about an "end time" scenario of several avenues, and what comes to mind are all the stray dogs and packs of dogs that will form. Even my neighbor's dogs I eye with the knowledge that I will take them down the moment SHTF! I am serious, cats will be considered less a nuisance unless they are tamed, then they are worthless, but dogs are another story, they will kill just to kill and with no reason other than instinct.

I Love my dogs and I chose my dogs carefully for their ability to take prey, but I chose them also for their smaller size and speed. My dogs would do just this very same thing if I did not have complete control over them; for an average sized man a medium sized dog has more strength and speed than we could ever muster.

I hate to add fuel to this fire but I fear for you folks and your Feral Kids with no Future! Sad, you might have to take them out like I will have to with Feral Dogs. Unless you can tame those bad-boys and reeducate them, they are nothing more than feral working off of instinct and no considerations. Chavs? What an odd word, I might have to listen to how the British Accent pronounces that; here the dialect says Ahhh, like you would for a throat examination but I suspect that the Brits say Aye, like Day. If this is the case is the name derived from the fact they shave their heads? I thought those were skinheads?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

chav is short for council house and violent. thought i better clear that one up for you.
2nd
f

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I have lived in Brighton (kemp town) for a year and a half. I do like Brighton, and i guess you get these people everywhere. I was born and brought up in Luton, which is basically a town of chavs,drug dealers and criminals
So, i can say that Brighton is nowhere as bad as some places
The sad fact of the matter is, these people think they are so cool when they walk the street. I think they are too stupid to realise that most people just think they are idiots.

I grew up in Brighton (am an oldie) and only just moved out of the town a few years ago.. partly because I can not really afford to live there... and can not stand the snobby areas.. *shudders*

I've spent most of my working life all over the world (tho still living in Brighton) in some really poor spots, and some really rough places.. so like you could not even begin to compare it with other cities.

But it's the feral nature, and zero respect even for themselves that I really find disconcerting..

I don't think they are stupid, I really think we are at trending towards the lawless stage of our civilisation which if my reading of human history is correct seems to indicate we are coming to the close of this iteration of our society and we are about to embark on a new journey

I guess I cling to the notion that the next stage will be somewhat better than we have now..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

It isn't going unnoticed though,there are a lot of people here in the UK who are ready to take action against those who think that they can do what they want with impunity.And the sun publishing the picture and details of that twisted monster who threw the kitten out of the window have effectively signed her death warrant,oh dear!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I just wish to play devils advocate for one second.

Assume the attacking dog had never actually attacked anyone before, but had maybe growled upon seeing other dogs. Thus the use of a muzzle to make the owner feel more secure that his dog won't get out of control when taking him for a walk.

Now upon seeing this small dog, it somehow managed to remove the muzzle (dogs are escape artists when it comes to collars/walking harnesses/etc. (Perhaps the small dog barked or they simply didn't 'get along'. I know my dog gets angry at some dogs, scared of others, and is fine with yet other dogs). And it killed the poor smaller dog whilst the owner could do nothing about it...it then proceded to bite the hand of a man who tried to intervene at a closer level.

I think we all know that if the dogs owner had waited aorund...his dog would have been put down. So instead he ran/dragged his dog away. In the victims description they would indeed say he had just left them and walked off with his dog. When in fact a terrible accident had happened...and he was tryign to get away before his own pet was killed.

It's something to consider.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
agreed

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Using your own words The dog killed the smaller dog. And yes if the aggressive dog was

caught it would have been " putdown " and not KILLED as you state. A much kinder end

than being torn to shreds i would say. And where in all this is the owners responsibility !!!!

It just seems to me in this day and age NO ONE takes responsibility for anything

Rant over........

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The whole structure of society and the way it operates is wrong from the ground up. Society as it stands is the human equivalent of battery farming chickens for their eggs.
There is no true compassion in the system, only a make do approach designed to placate the multitudes enough to enable them to continue contributing to the GDP.
Currently the UK is a fantastic argument for the compulsory sterilisation of elements of society, in order to remove their hateful, ignorant and mentally disfunctional genes from our future society.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Being put down is in my opinion killing. Since the dog cannont give consent for obvious reasons, it is being done against its will. I fele the same about the death penalty if that helps clear things up. It is also killing, the removing of life.

Yes perhpas less painfull than the poor dog who was killed in such a way, but none the less it is still killing to put an animal down. Even when necesarry to stop the suffering of an animal.

As to your other point, no matter how well you train/look after your dog it is still has it's own mind. You cannot control it once it has gone on the attack which may have happened for any number of reasons. And since dogs can't argue, they use their mouths to fight..and they can get very viscious with a dog one minute, and run around playing with it the next. But when this happens between a big dog and small dog there are further consequences. (I own a dog and my nan owns two of its brothers....it's typical to see them fight one second and be pals the next)

Now as I said, I am only playing devils advocate and not passing judgement because I was not there to see the attack and so don't have the full story.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australiana
Very sad story and brought tears to my eyes. I have elderly family members (Aunties and Uncles) that live in England and so I hope this isn't the case for the elderly over there. As for that horrid dog owner, hope they catch him! They should sterilise all these types of dogs so they can't procreate and let that breed die off. I love animals to bits but pitbull dogs have an inbred capacity to be extremely aggressive. While we are at it, I want to introduce a law to put down the aggressive owners of these dogs that encourage their behaviour in the first place!

Sorry you had to see this and my thoughts are with you.

Sorry,but I totally disagree with your response on PitBulls. If you are going to sterilize anything,sterilize the owner. Pitbulls are great dogs,lovable,and kind. Very loyal. You have to be of strong mind though,to own one. Dont knock the breed,knock the owners who breed them to fight,and kill.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I've never heard of a Chav before.
I looked it up on youtube and found this gem.
Over a hundred thousand views.
This chap explains what they are, how they think,
and what it's like for him living around them.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A thing I notice with chavs who own violent dogs is they'll often try to set their dogs on cats, and find some amusement in that.

Of course there's many people with pitbulls that are absolutely fine. But there's definately an element of people wanting dogs for their image.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

I speak as a dog owner i have three. However as you have stated when they go

undomesticated and back to their natural instincts they require professional

retraining to be able to live in the community. And would you feel the same about "putting

down" if it had been a small child torn to shreds, injured, or incapicated ???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

I was walking my dog with my freind and we ran into someone else (with a bigger dog) and we tried to walk into the grass to go around and he came up hisndog was snarling at mine he got closer and started smiling. We were going to kick his ass. He obviously wanted too see a fight

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

i went to a cat and dog home recently as i wanted to purchase a pup for my son, when i went there all i saw was pitbull after pitbull after pitbull...needless to say i didnt purchsae one but it seems that a lot of people abandon these dogs or hand them in as the owners cant handle them which is a shame. however my personal stance on this is that they should not be allowed to breed these dogs...not only are they a danger to other more docile dogs (regardless if they have been taken care of properly) and small children and other humans.

im not one for the execution of animals when they have harmed...i feel its better just not to breed them at all!

i agree that these dogs not so much are used as a fashion accessory but are used as a statement especialy teenage boys trying to "act hard with their vicious dog" i dont feel that these dogs should be bred purely by demand of the scurge of society.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Like I said earlier,Its not the Pitbulls fault if it bites someone,its the owner.Spayed and neutered, Proper training,Temperament training,for dog and owner,and having a strong will as a owner,makes having a Pitbull a joy. I know many owners of Pitbulls,with family's,baby's,children,that have rescued these type of dogs from the pound. Not only would I leave my children around them to play,But I always made sure to have the owners present.You say they should eliminate breeding of these vicious dogs. I say you have a point,if we can stop breeding humans also. Humans above all else on this planet,have the worst record of killing,harming,maiming,etc above all other animals.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

yes its easy to say that..however the types of people who purchase these dogs (the majority) are hooligans and chavs..i cant see them giving the dog proper training and affording to have them speyed and neutered.

THEY WANT THE DOG TO BE VICIOUS. the more vicious the better.

and these dogs attack other dogs, children etc....now i know that dogs are what WE humans make them, its only unfortunate that the majority who have them are chavs.

also temprement isnt just down to human interaction, my friend father had a pitbull....the sweetest dog u could meet, very docile, until it bit my friends daughter and the dog was put down.

whats better? that these chavs and hooligans are breeding these dogs making them vicious until they bite and the dog is put down? OR that they stop breeding them?

is it fair that a dog gets put down purely from the actions of its handler..or better that these type of people werent able to have the dog in the first place? ie through non-breeding?

i mean MUST we have pitbulls? what do they contribute that another more docile dog cant if not just to look good?

edit* also humans arent the topic of this discussion, we are the top of the food chain not dogs, animals are pets, they are bred as pets, with the exception of sheepdogs and labradors and the like that are used for work, and aids to the blind. if u want to discuss human breeding well....i think that deserves its own thread dont u?
i stand by my reasoning
edit on 29-1-2011 by NWOnoworldorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOnoworldorder
reply to post by sonnny1

yes its easy to say that..however the types of people who purchase these dogs (the majority) are hooligans and chavs..i cant see them giving the dog proper training and affording to have them speyed and neutered.

THEY WANT THE DOG TO BE VICIOUS. the more vicious the better.

and these dogs attack other dogs, children etc....now i know that dogs are what WE humans make them, its only unfortunate that the majority who have them are chavs.

also temprement isnt just down to human interaction, my friend father had a pitbull....the sweetest dog u could meet, very docile, until it bit my friends daughter and the dog was put down.

whats better? that these chavs and hooligans are breeding these dogs making them vicious until they bite and the dog is put down? OR that they stop breeding them?

is it fair that a dog gets put down purely from the actions of its handler..or better that these type of people werent able to have the dog in the first place? ie through non-breeding?

i mean MUST we have pitbulls? what do they contribute that another more docile dog cant if not just to look good?

edit* also humans arent the topic of this discussion, we are the top of the food chain not dogs, animals are pets, they are bred as pets, with the exception of sheepdogs and labradors and the like that are used for work, and aids to the blind. if u want to discuss human breeding well....i think that deserves its own thread dont u?
i stand by my reasoning

You cant bring up vicious Pitbulls,without bringing up the vicious owners of them. It goes hand in hand. These dogs get a bad rap,because of the owners training them. So eliminate a breed because "people" deem them vicious? Ive seen chihuahuas attack children. Shall we eliminate them also,because "I" deem them vicious? You want to eliminate humans from the subject,but I concur its because of humans,that this breed gets a raw deal. ANY animal can turn on its owners. ANY. that doesnt give humans the right to eliminate them. I say dont eliminate any breeds of dogs. Eliminate the bad owners. ANY dog can be trained to love,and also kill.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hello fellow Brightonian,

I've actually been pondering something similar recently, after seeing an owner mis-treat a dog near my house, it occurred to me that I think people take to the idea of purchasing pets to hastily before any real consideration of what is actually involved, I could tell by the owner voicing there opinions on the situation, that she was not really the kind of person who is capable of understanding and raising a dog

You could say she was the real bitch

Also I almost saw two dogs fight today,but luckily the owners were mentally agile enough to simply carry on walking, I think it's pretty common, there naturally territorial beasts.

I would also like to see if you've noticed the amount of Cat disappearances of late going on in Brighton I swear literally every week I'm seeing new signs up for different moggies going missing, are they connected? has the rise in violent dog's lead to more attacks on Cats? probably not but my imagination does like to wonder

edit on 29-1-2011 by Allis1 because: Grammer

edit on 29-1-2011 by Allis1 because: More Grammer lol

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Its not the dogs fault. Its the rubber headed chav type, thats to blame. I`v had staffs and never had a problem with them. My brother has 2 at home and they are lovely dogs. Its a pity that we cant say the same about the `chavs` because they are the real animals.
I called at a friends who I had`nt seen for about 10 yrs. Then I sat with him and his son who was the typical chav. I was so saddened, to hear this friends son go on about the soaps. He almost got into a fight about a soap?? lol I would have traded this kno*head in for a staff any day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join