It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real name of the pyramids Discovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherLukeDuke

Originally posted by Scott Creighton

SC: The issue of the naming of the pyramids was not my concern here. You claimed in this thread that there were 111 pyramids in Egypt - a statement that was patently wrong and which required to be corrected. Googled or otherwise.

Oh, do grow up.

Hello FatherLukeDuke,

Alas, your post (above) is entirely irrelevant to this thread. Please address the post and not the poster. If you have something constructive to say, I will gladly listen and respond in kind. Until such time.......

Best wishes,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
However, the point still stands that the names of the pyramids are known, including the names for the three pharnonic pyramids on Giza. In fact, you yourself refer to Khufu's Ahket (horizon) a number of times.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

yes Akhet means horizon....the area between the earth and sky = SHU....read page six on the paper
edit on 31-1-2011 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by Byrd
However, the point still stands that the names of the pyramids are known, including the names for the three pharnonic pyramids on Giza. In fact, you yourself refer to Khufu's Ahket (horizon) a number of times.

edit on 30-1-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

yes Akhet means horizon....the area between the earth and sky = SHU....read page six on the paper

Hello thePharaoh,

It has always been a cornerstone (so to speak) of mainstream Egyptology that "Akhet Khufu" should be interpreted as the "Horizon of Khufu". There are, however, some mainstream Egyptologists who disagree with this interpretation, to wit:

Akhet - 'Mountain with the Rising Sun'

Ideogram in 3ht, 'horizon'

The sign 3ht, born of the union of the disk and the hieroglyph for mountain, is rather inappropriately translated as 'horizon,' associating it with a modern notion which is foreign to Egyptian thinking.

The sign is a relatively recent creation of Egyptian writing, unknown in the Pyramid Texts, in which the sign that determines the word 3ht is the hieroglyph of a sandy island. The earliest known documentation of the sign is from the Fifth Dynasty, an epoch that saw the official affirmation of the solar cult. Thus the hieroglyph represents the point where the sun appears above the earth at daybreak and where it touches the earth again at sunset. This is the proper meaning of the ideogram, connected to the root 3h, 'to shine'.

- Maria Carmela Betro, 'Hieroglyphics', page 161

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

thanks scott

pushing our scholarships aside.....this is interesting though isnt it.

i just read a translation of the book of the dead....that with the pyramid texts has got me convinced that this is the only plausible answer.

anyway ...i`l keep researching heliopolis and the sun cult....honestly go reread some texts on shu and just for the study entertain the thought for a bit while you read.....i gaurantee you will see the pyramid texts and book of the dead in a new light

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster
The Location: Giza
The Date: 12/3/2012

The Sky:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/462499b5cb43.png[/atsimg]

I see 4 planets. The article you linked to mentions 4 gods.....

Coincidence?

yo famalam! can you please show me 24/04/2012.

thanks for that i wait for ur reply.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Byrd there are many pyramids...around 100 like the author says...but he classes the giza complex as a whole as a religious shrine...not an individual pyramid.....also, he talks about the akhet on page 6 and provides quotes from passages, PAGE 6...take a look.

Actually, ALL large pyramids were religious complexes, with temples for making offerings situated next to them. The kings were worshipped in life as Ra (usually... I don't want to go into the details because the message would be a Wall Of Text) and after death they were worshiped as Osiris (again, this is a quick-and-dirty explanation. It's a lot more complicated than that.

but yea....iv read up more and more online about the amduat and the gods....especially the baboon gods and the six small pyramids

Called "satellite pyramids" by Egyptologists -- a number (don't know how many) are found at other pyramid sites. Time... and now looters... haven't been kind to them.

Not sure what you mean about the baboon gods -- one of their major deities (Thoth) had a baboon form, and one of Horus' sons was baboon-headed but I'm drawing a blank here on others.

...sheesh how can you egyptologists miss this...Byrd face it he is right....it was a religious complex.

Well, I'm not an Egyptologist (it would take four years of graduate school for me to become an Egyptologist... if you've got a spare $75,000 you can just give me, I'll run off and do that right now!
) but I do know that yes, the pyramids were religious complexes (I think I said that in a message somewhere on this thread but I may be imagining that.) Every Egyptologist that I know (a grand total of about four of them, plus all the books I own on ancient Egypt) describes the Giza area as a religious site and cemetery.

The temples (and the pyramids that the average person never talks about) are shown on the maps here. There's a lot more to the site than most people hear about (unless you just happen to love reading about archaeological digs) :
egyptphoto.ncf.ca...

You might enjoy the Giza Plateau Mapping Project which has field reports of each year's research at Giza:
egyptphoto.ncf.ca...
edit on 31-1-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

thanks alot Byrd...i will enjoy reading those....seeing as ur the grand master on egypt here on this site...have you ever heard this theory before...is it truly the first time this has been released...because iv got goosepimples from reading this.....

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Download This Program it's free

If this interests you then I highly recommend This Thread.

This man who was suicided (my own word) would also interest you.

Google Video Link

Good luck everyone

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87a2edd10c5b.png[/atsimg]

I was bored so I did it for you.

Not really sure what you were looking for.

Have a nice day

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

thats the date the divine pharaoh of egypt will be ressurected

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

The Location: Giza
The Date: 12/3/2012

The Sky:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/462499b5cb43.png[/atsimg]

I see 4 planets. The article you linked to mentions 4 gods.....

Coincidence?

Forgive my lack of knowledge,

If Giza matches the planets on the right.....Where would Mars be located?

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

edit on 3-2-2011 by vermonster because: sorry double post my first one ever!!!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucifer84

I am unsure.

I can tell you that Jupiter can be seen in the row as well, i just couldn't screen cap it with al the others.

I have recently begun research on this topic from information obtained from This Thread

It's fascinating stuff.

Oh and OP, the new pharaoh will be Prince William......sorry to let you down. Pretty anti-climatic eh?
He is the son of our modern day Isis (princess diana) who was sacrificed. He was born on the summer solstice

RIP Rik Clay

peace

edit on 3-2-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I am unsure.

I can tell you that Jupiter can be seen in the row as well, i just couldn't screen cap it with al the others.

I have recently begun research on this topic from information obtained from This Thread

It's fascinating stuff.

Oh and OP, the new pharaoh will be Prince William......sorry to let you down. Pretty anti-climatic eh?
He is the son of our modern day Isis (princess diana) who was sacrificed. He was born on the summer solstice

RIP Rik Clay

peace

no hes the fake one.....the real one will be an upper egyptian...half blood like ramsees etc....he will be from a poor backgroubd etc....William is the mimmick that they think will fulfill the prophecy...but its not him

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

good luck with your......

hope.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

i think mars would be the red pyramid....in saqqara....

hold on...this is deep

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So Byrd your willing to state as fact that they were religious complexes. I mean considering you only know four experts you say. Thats a big call, from the experts that I know, (10) they can't seem to agree whether they are toilets, temples or graves. Some think they were built by "others" and some say humans. I think it is widely accepted that any knowlegde on the subjects are purely speculative. Religious complex is the most accepted theory, but not "proven". We all no that history is and ever changing beast and the more we learn the more we seem to be wrong in the first place.

I think the Author of this post was just trying to bring fourth a new arguement or theory, and you as a moderator affectively shot him down, with false proofs. I didn't think that this was in the nature of the site. But hey your a super-mod, you know more than me right?

Could they have been renamed at a later date?

Could there usage have changed over many years?

Could we humans have been totally wrong in the first place?

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Slipdig1

toilets! lolol

yea well thats byrd...he knows alot but no balls to go with a theory until the "experts" agree.

i rekon the author of the study put it all into place, honestly this theory unravels alot about other aspects of ancient religon.

look:
khufu (shu) gives birth to the sun.....travels up and down the back of nut (khafre) .....then dwells in the belly of geb (menkaure)....the same journey the dead make..

as i said...all falling into place

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
[

Originally posted by Slipdig1
So Byrd your willing to state as fact that they were religious complexes.

Given the number of offering temples and other religious structures plus the graves there, yes.

I mean considering you only know four experts you say.

I said only four? Huh.

Thats a big call, from the experts that I know, (10) they can't seem to agree whether they are toilets, temples or graves.

Have your experts done any digs there, and what inscriptions are they reading that make them unsure about whether the structures are "toilets, temples or graves"? There's a bunch of writing out there, and I'm always interested in new stuff. What evidence (written or excavated) are they looking at that confuses them?

I think the Author of this post was just trying to bring fourth a new arguement or theory,

Yes he was, but he wasn't aware that the names of the pyramids are known and have been known for a long time.

and you as a moderator affectively shot him down, with false proofs.

Actually, that's things that the Egyptians of that time period wrote. I encourage everyone to get some books on learning hieroglyphs so they don't rely on my word... they can read it for themselves.

I didn't think that this was in the nature of the site.

The motto of the site is "deny ignorance" and so if someone has a question or idea but someone else knows the correct answer, then it's been a rule on the board that they step in and offer up the solution. That's been the case since the board was first founded (I was one of the folks who joined in its first year.)

But hey your a super-mod, you know more than me right?

I have no idea how much you know. I'm sure there's stuff that you know a heck of a lot more about than I do (I know nothing about vids or current music, for instance... lots of stuff.)

Could they have been renamed at a later date?

Perhaps. I'm not really certain of the earliest appearance of the names.

Could there usage have changed over many years?

Not since the time of Tutankahmen, because there's a reference to his nurse coming from the town of thet pyramid of Khufu's Akhet (1350 BC or thereabouts.) Herodotus also mentions it (500 BC or thereabouts). I'm not sure what the older inscriptions are but I'm aware there are some associated with the Giza complex.

Again, I encourage folks to learn to read hieroglyphs and start looking at what inscriptions and buildings are at any site they're interested in. Too often the "alternate history" people only look at one or two things and don't show you the whole picture.

Always ask "what else is around there?"
edit on 23-2-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join