It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Moran: Dems Lost Because Many 'Don't Want to Be Governed by an African-American'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Both political parties have numerous unsavory facets. Perhaps the most grotesque on the left, IMHO, is the witch-hunt of hysteria surrounding matters of race (as well as gender, homosexuality, and other "identity" issues). The left always goes over the edge on this topic, seemingly losing all common sense and rationality, not to mention dignity. I see it as the leftist version of the right wing's preoccupation with religious fundamentalism and policing the bedroom -- an equally hysterical and irrational form of political pathology on the other side.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Are they purposely trying to be dense?

"People coundn't POSSIBLY disagree with any of our policies, so anyone that disagrees with us is racist."

It's laughable how stupid these people can be.....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Either that or you're now friends with Jared Loughner.

Democrats are really starting to piss me off with this stuff.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I do not want an African-american president, a black American president is fine as long as he or she is American. I would prefer to have a Native American of the Original People though.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You should at least spell-check the thread title.
That should have been 2 o's.

So, is he trying to say Barry is African? I guess he at least is correct onthat point.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

Jeez, I was actually scrambling to check the title!

Face palm....

You make quite an accurate statement though.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If Moran had said that the movement that sets out to deny Obama eligibility to be president can't handle being governed by an African American then he would have been correct . But as others have rightfully pointed out making such as blanket statement as he did is daft as his logic towards the cause of the American Civil War . IMO the election of Obama did bring out every ignorant moron out of there cave .Just look at the claims about him being a Muslim for instance .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You know I'm not an American, but at this point I'm sure you folks don't care if your president is blue, green purple or black. So long as they actually did something GOOD for the people and the country you would love him/her.

This illustrates a major problem with the citizens of the United States. They have resorted to putting faith into one man, that being the president.

Presidential powers are very limited, or should be according to the enumerated powers within the Constitution. But may it be, the people have decided that the president can and should fix everything. Which is false. It is asinine and contrary to belief of freedom loving people.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

of course, and a divided people cannot unite against tyrannical government!

comments like this are strategically placed to ensure the divide and conquer strategy

someone makes a racist comment, and generally speaking, the american people are programmed to respond with anger and fustration, negative emotions, all of which impede on rational thought and make sure there are more differences between 'the people' on the surface of things than similiarities, this makes issueing a common stand of all of the people for one cause ( against tyranical government ) very difficult, as everyone is bickernig amongst themselves about petty issues and strategically placed controversial statements like this by the government themselves!
edit on 1/31/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
No one ever said there aren't stupid people on both sides. Here we have an example of a dumb Democrat. He is entitled to his opinion, as is everyone, but he is stupid for stating it publicly.

There is a distinct difference though between Democrats and Republicans. Democrats don't take their idiots that make stupid statements and want to make them President. Unlike Republicans who think Palin, Bachman, and Glenn Beck are the best people for the job...because they make ignorant and controversial statements.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
Despite never seeing me, knowing me, just based on my words, can you tell what colour I am?

You are a white bunny with tears streaming down your eyes...

Who told you?
Oh, um the picture.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The democrat's incessant name calling over the past two years or so has insured they'll likely never receive my vote. If they can't accurately assign blame from things like the Tea Party's existence (racism) or the Loughner tragedy (rhetoric), how the hell can they be expected to do a good job at anything?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
At this point we have people saying he's an African American but the birth certificate hasn't been shown.It might be he's just a black American because he was born here. Get over it

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
The democrat's incessant name calling over the past two years or so has insured they'll likely never receive my vote. If they can't accurately assign blame from things like the Tea Party's existence (racism) or the Loughner tragedy (rhetoric), how the hell can they be expected to do a good job at anything?

Please provide anything that would support your claim that the Tea Party exists because of racism. We just want smaller government and a return of personal responsibility.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Can't help myself...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
Can't help myself...

He's a Cardinals fan.
THAT should explain it all.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Please provide anything that would support your claim that the Tea Party exists because of racism. We just want smaller government and a return of personal responsibility.

Perhaps you've misunderstood me. I was detailing the democrats' incorrect claims. I know damned well that the Tea Party isn't about racism and the Loughner shooting wasn't about rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Perhaps you've misunderstood me. I was detailing the democrats' incorrect claims. I know damned well that the Tea Party isn't about racism and the Loughner shooting wasn't about rhetoric.

Apologies then. I should learn to read.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Ha. Open mouth...insert... Out of context?

To be honest, I'd rather know they feel this way than not. In the end it will make it all so much easier. The ones who hide it worry me more.
edit on 1/31/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join