It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange incident in NASA ISS – Object appears and a Hatch opens and then closes, Jan 28, 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
nice find - it looks staged - question then would be: why?

s&f

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
So what's the big deal in the hatch opening and closing a couple of times? Do you know the airlock exit procedures? This is one of the final tests the astronauts conduct - a final check for leaks in their suits before EVA. 'Spacewalkers' always check for leaks by opening the hatch a couple of times for exposure to the vacuum of space to ensure there are no leaks in their space suits before finally venturing out. This also helps in gradual de-pressurization. About 5 psi or 345 mbar is vented overboard each time, through a valve on the outer hatch.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

That's way too logical.

Why would spacewalkers care so much whether their spacesuit leaks or not? Do you expect me to believe they'd actually open the hatch to check the pressure in their suit?

Isn't it far more likely that aliens came trillions and trillions of miles to play a prank? Especially when the video has a cool soundtrack. The cooler the soundtrack, the more likely it is to mean it's showing aliens.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6697b60c578b.gif[/atsimg]

Little ice specks are pretty common and when the sun hits the camera at different angles the ice speck can move from sun to shade making it "disappear" when in fact that's not what happened, it just lost the illumination from the sun and became less visible.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Yes, stuck to the camera is perfectly logical. I was talking about ice of debris suspended in space, then that explanation is not logical.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I never once believed it to be ET. Because i find a logical explanation dodgy, does not mean i think its ET. In fact, read my posts on this board and you will know that I need evidence that ET is coming here, and at the moment, there is no evidence. Just like the early nasa transmissions that showed objects. Because i did not not know at first what they were, does not mean I think ET.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...#

Thanks to the original youtube poster for posting the exact time/date of the video, that helps set the context. The Japanese HTV-2 supply drone [shown in this camera view] had recently been captured by the station robot arm, and emplaced at a hatch on one of the nodes. It is possible to check the structural layout and see if there is a window at the location of the flapping piece [all ISS windows have motorized external covers as dust shields]. It is important for safety reasons -- especially on this anniversary commemoration of past disasters -- to keep a sharp eye open for any external visual anomalies, which in the past have occasionally signified structural failures. This is a vital role that amateur watchers can contribute to.

From NASA daily status report:

ISS On-Orbit Status 01/27/11 -- All ISS systems continue to function nominally, except those noted previously or below.
At 6:39am EST, JAXA’s HTV2 (H-IIB Transfer Vehicle 2) “Kounotori“ was successfully grappled by Paolo Nespoli & Cady Coleman, assisted by Scott Kelly, with the SSRMS (Space Station Remote Manipulator System). The SSRMS snares were closed at 6:40am and capture was completed at 6:41am (fully rigidized). Later, at ~10:00am, the HTV-2 vehicle was successfully berthed to the nadir port of ISS Node-2. Hatch opening and initial entry into the vehicle are planned for tomorrow.

edit on 29-1-2011 by JimOberg because: add external text

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm more inclined to see this as testing the mechanical operation (before a space walk) of the hatch or a glitch in the software that operates it. I didn't see anything suspicious.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

lol gosh now that is one immature post

if everyone who posted a hoax on this forum without knowing it's one deserved banning, then I suppose the owners wouldn't have been running such a good business for some time now...

grow up
edit on 29-1-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Another datum: EVA hatches open inwards, so that the internal air pressure pushes them against the rim seals when not in use -- it's a safety design feature. The US airlock hatch also has an external dust cover that is so flimsy it ripples and bends as it flaps around. But window covers of course must swing out to open.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Another datum: EVA hatches open inwards, so that the internal air pressure pushes them against the rim seals when not in use -- it's a safety design feature. The US airlock hatch also has an external dust cover that is so flimsy it ripples and bends as it flaps around. But window covers of course must swing out to open.

Dust cover or the Quest airlock hatch opening outwards?

Spacewalker Doug Wheelock exits
the U.S. Quest joint airlock to begin
the mission's third spacewalk.
(NASA TV)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Dust cover or the Quest airlock hatch opening outwards?

A dust cover .

At 1.25 of the video of the picture you posted the astronaut kicks the dust cover as he re-enters through the hatch , the dust cover acts as you would expect a dust cover too by flapping about a bit

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Whatever is supposed to disappear, doesn't. The "blob" is simply overwhelmed by an increasing light source from the earthside.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Could be the guys inside throwing some trash out...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Any video that has a 2 minute INTRODUCTION with emotional music BEFORE you actually get to "see" their claim, you just know is going to be full of @#$%.

A lens flare with some strap moving in response to gas release in the ISS?

STOP WASTING OUR TIME.

edit on 29-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I was watching this when it happened.
(also recorded it)
And it is just a window that was opened.
So maybe they just wanted a peek. lol

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
I was watching this when it happened.
(also recorded it)
And it is just a window that was opened.
So maybe they just wanted a peek. lol

Damn, blows my trash theory right out of the water.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
Russo
In light of your recent thread about the triangle going across the moon , I will treat everything you post as a hoax

RUSSO finds stuff he/she finds interesting, then posts it up on here to see what people think. Often it will be debunked, but in doing that we're learning more about how fake stuff is made, and sometimes we'll have something decent to look at.

I've no clue why you're being so hostile, and also no clue at all why so many people have starred your post in agreement.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ive watched this twice and I dont know what Im supposed to be looking for. I see the hatch opening but thats all, nothing else. Theres nothing out of the ordinary. Or maybe Im just going blind

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It is NOT something stuck on the lens of the camera. If it was it, the object would move when the lens moves, and it doesn't....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I don't see the camera moving, it looks static in fact. There is cinematic panning of a shot at the start, nicely done, and also a zoom done in the same fashion, music is good for a change, sounds the the LA philharmonic orchestra. No need for others to beat up the OP, BTW.

edit on 29-1-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join