It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange incident in NASA ISS – Object appears and a Hatch opens and then closes, Jan 28, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Warning, annoying music.

Strange incident in NASA ISS 3:20 am EST. January 28, 2011. Object appears and disappears in front of cameras. A hatch opens. There was no assigned spacewalk.
Juangony's Channel - 1.28.11.

WARNING
Juangony's Channel reserves the right to remove and block any offensive or racist comments directed to the channel or channel users. This channel is viewed by children. It asks every adult discretion when making a comment.
Administrator

Some strange stuff going on up there..

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The Russians just did a space walk recently adding things for their use outside the ISS.

Interesting catch. The ISS is very secretive and very little gets shown to the public from their supposed "Live Stream".

VERY little.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
So what are the space shuttles "shuttling"?
Unobtainium?
Some precious metal compound that can only be created in the vacuums of space?
What is really going on up there?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I don't see anything strange or alarming, but I guess it depends on what I want to see I guess. The blurry, out of focus "object" is nothing more than a lens artifact (dust, ice....whatever) and "disappears" when the lighting changes for obvious reasons (which pretty much confirms it was nothing to begin with).

As far as the hatch, I'm not familiar enough with the mechanical systems of the ISS to come to any conclusions, however I doubt the answer has anything to do with aliens or ufos. There are far too many more probable and mundane reasons for it to be there I would think.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

As far as the hatch, I'm not familiar enough with the mechanical systems of the ISS to come to any conclusions, however I doubt the answer has anything to do with aliens or ufos

Well the timing of the open hatch is suspicious to me. Maybe just coincidence, as always.

edit on 29-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Erm, ice or debris just does not make sense in this footage. For a start, the object is stationary, which makes it very odd indeed. I believe most nasa fotage has an explanation, and i have been wrong many times when it comes to nasa footage, but this does seem very odd indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Well the timing of the open hatch is suspicious to me. Maybe just coincidence, as always.

How is the timing of a hatch opening in relation to out of focus debris on a camera suspicious? I think you need to stop thinking everything you see has something to do with some alien/ufo cover-up conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by RUSSO

How is the timing of a hatch opening in relation to out of focus debris on a camera suspicious? I think you need to stop thinking everything you see has something to do with some alien/ufo cover-up conspiracy.

Now you sound like the old ITF. I think you should stop trying to say what others should think. People like you must think the world spins around yourself. Sorry to say, it does not. Stop trying to change people and begin to change yourself.

I wish you could stop did this, but Im realist. I know that to you it has to be more difficult than accept extraterrestrial life.

This is my last post to you. Get some manners, please.

edit on 29-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Russo
In light of your recent thread about the triangle going across the moon , I will treat everything you post as a hoax

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Yes, nothing to see here.

1: The ISS is moving very fast... For that object to remain in view so perfectly it must match the speed and curve/orbit of the ISS. This to me is evidence that the object is stuck to the lens of the camera.

2: If you speed up the video by sliding the time slider, you can see the visibility of the object changes exactly with the lighting conditions. This to me is evidence that the object is just dust/debris on the camera lens being lit up by the sun. When you speed up the video you can see that it is just something on the lens. Like this:

In the above video, notice how the objects appear and disappear depending on the position of the light, and depending on the focus.

3: I don't think that hatch is a man hole or doorway, it is way too thin. I think it is something else.

4: OP, you should put another warning in the first post saying "WARNING - The first 2 minutes of the video is useless".

Good day.
edit on 29-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

This seems like a good explanation. What i don't like are people just throwing any explanation without thought. No way is it debris or ice. How anyone can come to that conclusion are totally running on their belief. But your explanation is sound

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
one of the first things I learned on ATS
was that :

be VERY cautious of ANY video that has music soundtracks added.

and also, how the video intros into a static
position is another clue. It was perfect zoom.
The ISS cameras are NOT that perfect on zooming.

IMO, this is CGI

and that would make it a fake/hoax

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If you'd like to further propagate the "UFOlogists are nutjobs" stigma, then yes, please keep telling ITF to "change himself."

I for one would much rather ITF change into the kind of individual that looks at a Rorschach and sees an alien invasion.

Perception is reality my friend. And reality for certain individuals distorts to their desired perception.

In layman's terms, if you want to see a UFO starship looming over the ISS and opening hatches to "goof" with the astronauts, then anyone telling you otherwise clearly must learn to "change their ways."
edit on 29-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

What I've learned from ATS is to have bulletproof defenses against the people that expect you to ignore logic and reason.

But yeah, those soundtracks are killer.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
reply to post by boondock-saint

What I've learned from ATS is to have bulletproof defenses against the people that expect you to ignore logic and reason.

But yeah, those soundtracks are killer.

Yeah, but to be fair, logic and reason is sometimes lacking from both sides. Exapme being "ignorethefacts" who stated we are seeing nothing here but ice or debris. Looking at the foootage, do you find that a logical answer? No, its not, but belief happens within skeptics and believers, and they both come up with rather far out explanations

Something on the camera lense is a good explanation.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Ice and debris is actually a really good logical explanation. There is a lot of tiny ice particles and tiny pieces of dust and debris that follow the space station constantly. Some of it could have gotten stuck to the camera lens. Actually, I am 100% certain that is what it is.
edit on 29-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

What you refer to as "belief" in relationship to the "skeptics" has more to do with probability. Things of this nature, especially given the source material, are infinitely more likely to be of mundane origin than anything "alien." Because of this, there is very little to really get excited about, because you're taking quite a logical leap by even mentioning it could be connected to alien beings.

If you notice, you don't see me post these kinds of things in topics with good source material. That's because those topics illustrate events that are much less likely to be "mundane" in origin and are actually worth real discussion.

We can go on ad-nauseum about those prankster aliens fooling around with ISS hatches, pulling more and more out of our butts. Or you could simply ask yourself, "wait a second, why did I inject "ET" into this?" Well, quite simply, because you want to, whether you're aware of that or not. See my first post in this topic. I just heard a strange sound from my kitchen, should I automatically assume it was a ghost?

To make matters worse, we're all primed by the very name of this forum to enter a topic and automatically assume the the information therein is somehow related to ET. It's a lose/lose unless you make a conscious effort to weed out the ??? from the

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Also, again I'm not trying to be insulting, but the only ones making any "far out" claims, are those insinuating these "events" are anything but something of mundane origin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join