It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Davos panel sees huge Iranian response to attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Davos panel sees huge Iranian response to attack

www.google.com

DAVOS, Switzerland (AP) — A diverse panel of decision-makers and experts from the United States, Europe and the Middle East found common ground on just one thing when it comes to dealing with the Iranian nuclear program Friday: A military strike could well spark a devastating counterattack.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Searched and didn't see this, but ATS is acting a bit whacky for me. Please forgive me if it's already been posted.

That being said...here we go again. But harder.

Let's translate this: A diverse panel of the elite's minions are doing everything in their power to make Iran sound like a bigger threat than it is. There's so much to read between the lines here.

Of note to me was that the bigwig pushing this was President of the Council on Foreign Relations, USA, Richard Haass. Things that make you go, "Hmmm.."

This has somehow all got to be related to what we're seeing occurring in the ME. Why do I get the feeling that this is never going to end, or it's going to end badly?

This thread is about an article that describes some changes in the ME over the past year or so that may be prompting some new maneuvering on the parts of the usual suspects here: The Enemy of My Enemy And this one supports it: Poll: Arab majority believes nuclear Iran helps Mideast

And this one sort of supports it

Looking forward to your comments.

www.google.com

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/29/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Do you get the impression Haass would like nothing more than to nuke a few countries??

Iran and Pakistan first??

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Pretty much. This is some pretty strong stuff, right here. The CFR appears to have just laid down the law, and I'd say this is a very good indication of the tact this administration is going to take.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Iran would not need to have fissionable uranium to dirty bomb the coalition forces on its flanks. If they are caught by surprise then many coalition forces would die, and as you might imagine it is harder to service an irradiated combat vehicle in an irradiated zone, thus slowing oppertations in affected areas.
Iran could play a few cards if they got desprate.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
The CRF is just a mouthpiece for the banker driven war machine. The threat Iran poses is that is has been able to stand on its own feet and tell America to get stuffed. It looks like Russia and China will back up Iran if America continues to be a bully. I know nuclear weapons has its problems, but in this day and age it is the only way a country can declare and assert its independence in this crazy world. It would be good if all nuclear weapons could be banned, but those in power are still too racist, insecure and narrow minded.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Richard Haass... that guy... is a NWO top head, a piece of filth, a traitor who should be arrested and hanged for working against everything the people want, which is peace and freedom.

and rejected the assertion by Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan that the program might be civilian, as Tehran has repeatedly claimed.

Guess what Haass :

Iran not working on bomb: Israel intelligence head

Ex-IAEA chief says west 'hyping' Iran nuclear threat: report

Outgoing Mossad chief: Iran won't have nuclear capability before 2015

So there. Better hang yourself in shame now before it's too late Haass.

While Israel is doing this : Israel stations nuclear missile subs off Iran

But eh, Iran is the big threat.

Khalid Al Bu-Ainnain, a former top Gulf military official, said Iran would "attack Israelis and U.S. forces in the Gulf" and the Gulf states might be drawn in as well.

Except their missile arsenal is a joke. If they start using chemical and biological warheads, which they didn't even used against Saddam, they will get nuked.

Turki, a former Saudi intelligence chief who is a brother of Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal, said that "Iran will strike back wherever it can, throughout the globe. My country and other countries — all countries — will be in the firing line. Iran has assets all over the world that it can use."

All over the world ? Yeah sure.

Not to be outdone, Haass added that Iran might interfere with the flow of oil as well.

Well duh.

"If there were (ever) a mix of terrorism and nuclear materials, that dangerous mixture is more likely to come from Pakistan in our lifetime than anywhere else."

For once I agree with that scumbag. But India would take care of Pakistan if they go crazy.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Thanks for adding those links, Vitchilo

I see the typical news cycle about Iran is on the rise now too. None casting Iran in a good light. Here we go again!
edit on 1/29/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There is a prophecy telling ...Israel will be encircle by enemies
with what they did in Lebanon and Gaza... attacking Iran would encircle Israel with enemies on the 4 front

i think they want that ... thats the big plan
be cornered to have no choice and strike every "enemies" with nukes

they want so bad this WW3.. so the messi can return and help them up

crazyness ... why would the Son of god help people who kill others

edit on 1/29/2011 by Ben81 because: S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yep. I'm getting a very bad feeling about this. Even worse than my usual bad feelings.

The problem with prophecies is that some are so easily self-fulfilling. This is not good.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Iran is after the bomb, always was after the bomb, and will continue to try to develope the bomb till they either get stopped or have one or several.
This much i believe with fervor.
I dont say they havent any reasons for wanting wmd.....i just reiterate that they are building nukes as fast as they can.
So...., it is a race against time.....
Nothing has changed since the mullahs took charge.
The rev guards are the driving force of the mullahs.
The only hope we have is for the Iranians themselves to take their goverment down.
This will cost them dearly, and many will die yet doing it.
But it is the only way that the US or isreal will cease calling for war on them.
Imagine that a friendly, neutral goverment takes over.
They open their atomic plants to full inspections, and they cease enricment opertions.
What possible excuse could the US then come up with to destabilise or control Iran......
They could make better progress that way.....

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All of this is operating on the idea that those in power, specifically in the US Govt care about those that Iran would launch a counter strike against.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I think this is a very dangerous group. They are preparing these people at the meeting for the worst. Mark my words.

And no...of course they don't care. Humans are fungible.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think you mean expendable.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Both work. Play on an old Donald Rumsfeld quote,

new topics

top topics

join