It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking video of Detroit police shootout with maniac where 3 officers were killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is crazy. Guy just walks in and just starts shooting. I don't know how the guy who took a shotgun blast right to him survived to be honest. Lunatic.

Video is in the link.

shootout

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hold the Beans,

I do not mean any offense here (as I live just outside Detroit and understand how dangerous and desperate a situation it is) but don't you think metal detectors at the doors should be commonplace? All of the court buildings have them, in the video, the officers looked unaware of the guy coming in or approaching the desk until he opened up on them. It is unfortunate that anyone has to use a weapon on another or has the desire to take another life, but it is a harsh reality of our world today...and I know it was a ballzy move ( they are probably not expecting someone to bring a weapon into a police station and use it on the officers... = suicide mission in my book) but you would think with the level of crime and desperateness and the ready availability of illegal guns that metal detectors should be a no brainer???

dno117

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
...according to this www.freep.com... - the shooter was suspected of sexually assaulting a teenager and kidnapping... he went in the precinct expecting to die... glad no one else did...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Your title is a bit misleading. The article said four officers were wounded, and all are recovering (rather than three officers being killed). Either way, its a crazy world we're living in. And things--as most here would probably agree-- aren't getting any better...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wyn

Thanks for the reply...those are stiff charges to be facing, but still, why not off yourself then take innocent others out with you? I don't know, but I agree with your chain of thinking (at least my assumption of your chain of thinking) that this dude didn't wanna pay the price for the crimes he committed yet go out in a blaze of glory or something of the like...who knows. Just a shame there where multiple victims of his crimes....the victim(s) of the sex crimes, the victim(s) of the kidnapping, the victims of the shooting =( are we evolving backwards?

dno117

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Detroit police video of precinct shoot-out: Disturbing video footage was released by Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee on Friday, Jan. 28, 2011, showing the rampage as Lamar Moore entered a police station Jan. 23 and shot four officers before he was killed in return fire.

Your openning post headline is a lie, none of the 4 not 3 police were killed, only the shooter was.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The shotgun was an illegally obtained 20 gauge: m.npr.org...

It says the shooter's house burned down just two days after the shooting.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm glad they released this. Scary stuff. Thanks for calling our attention to it.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think there is another thread about this
on ATS but this is the first time I have seen
the video associated with it.

And i think it was the right choice for the
Mayor and Chief to share this video with
the press.

However, I would like to add.
the video has been edited.
At the end, the perp is still moving
and it does not show how he dies.
Maybe they didn't show that part
for a reason. Revenge anyone???
Could he have been shot and then finished
off later after the camera footage stopped?
i don't know.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Good question. Maybe it happened out of the camera's range? Or maybe it was too violent. Or maybe the family objected to showing that part? Just guesses.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The end of the video shows nothing but large amounts of blood coming from the shooter who died right there. It took two days to clean up all the blood from the officers who were shot, and the shooter. In fact im sitting at work now (at the station in the video) looking at the spot where the shooter died.
edit on 29-1-2011 by ANOMALY502 because: (no reason given)

join