It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mountainmeg

Good for you! The storm shopping is done, extra blankets, flash lights and dry foods aplenty, etc. And I got the same reaction "why are you doing all this"? We'll show em!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I bought 14 boxes of Pop Tarts - one can live on Pop Tarts!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You are so funny craisydaisy!! But I love poptarts and eat them for lunch all the time!! I feel you could live a long time on poptarts.....fruit flavoring,sugar.. all so nutritious.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Being a Floridian stuck here in Rhode Island now, it is sure times like these that I miss owning my bar in Dania Fl. This digging out of all the snow has certainly lost its glamor quick.

I have learned how to try and evade the frozen pipes and things though, like turning on the faucet to drip furthest away from the source and turning the heat up a bit the night before storm and opening all the closets and stuff so the heat can move. It does help or at least havent had any problems yet here....There are other tips you can find as well online with a little search.

Guess Ill be missing another day or two of work.Me no likey driving in that type of mess. Rhode Islanders dont drive well on a sunny day!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I guess it's looking to be worse now as they have revised their warnings.

Multi-Day Dangerous, Destructive Winter Storm

www.weather.com...

I wish winter would just let up for the rest of the season, we never got our usual January thaw up here this year.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Fearmongering over a WINTER STORM?

I love this place. No seriously. Whether it's chemtrails, HAARP or FEMA, people will blame ANYTHING for a freak winter storm.

I guess that if you've never grown up in an area that gets snow EVERY SINGLE YEAR, then you'd have a reason to freak out over a snowstorm!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
SE Michigan current alerts
www.crh.noaa.gov...

I don't know if this is the new PC weather warnings, or if this storm could be that bad....esp. considering what the East Coast has had recently.

I just don't remember even seeing this much being made of a storm this far in advance....and the area of Michigan being severely impacted gets worse by the hour.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I am afraid that this storm as well as the previous one's are all my fault. You see I have been shaking a stick at the sky here to send all the snow down south this year.

It works, but I forgot about the cold. Its -32 here right now so at least you can be lucky that I haven't figured out how to send the temperatures down south as well....

stay safe people......and bundle up just in case I do figure this temperature thing out....

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

How is 8-12 inches considered a severe storm even with squalls and drifting snow?

We had 36 inches dumped on us in one day in 2003 and now THAT was a storm from hell.

But really, I don't quite see how, winter time---in Michigan---who are bracing for a foot of snow, is that much of a big deal. I mean, it ain't a good thing but hardly a 'severe' storm.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't think it's a matter of the snow but the icing that has them worried. But they do seem to be making a huge deal of it. Plus the temps are gonna be getting really cold all the way down to texas.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm at the beach...............no snow here. I can't believe all of the snow some of you have recieved this year, it's nuts.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I think the reason this might be a big deal is: This will be in addition to snow already on the ground.
Ice storms are bad - 1/4 on power lines and there goes the electric, which includes heat, getting out to work, school, getting supplies, etc. Sounds like this storm will produce 1 inch of ice in areas - watch those power lines break, blown transmiters. In addition some states are just not prepared for big snow storms, not enough salt and trucks to clear the roads.

We're all heading down to Florida tomorrow - we want sunshine, ice tea and southern hospitality.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Oh yeah??? Well ............... I got nothin..............enjoy the beach..

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

We have warnings here in Indiana as well - even the neighbors are getting out telling other neightbors. One of which made us mad today as she thought she should come out and tell us to shovel this other mans walk because he's never home. The nerve - can't figure why she doesn't shovel it as its right next door to her too.

Thinkin sunny thoughts

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I think the reason this might be a big deal is: This will be in addition to snow already on the ground.
Ice storms are bad - 1/4 on power lines and there goes the electric, which includes heat, getting out to work, school, getting supplies, etc. Sounds like this storm will produce 1 inch of ice in areas - watch those power lines break, blown transmiters. In addition some states are just not prepared for big snow storms, not enough salt and trucks to clear the roads.

We're all heading down to Florida tomorrow - we want sunshine, ice tea and southern hospitality.

I can offer ya the iced tea and hospitality but unfortunately, the chemtrails have stolen our Sun!

How much snow is on the ground? In your state (Indiana?) and in Michigan?

I called my daughter in upstate NY and there's 3 feet on the ground so at this point, they're saying 'bring it on'. It can't be any worse (well except for power outages)

I didn't mean to downplay the situation but when I read 8-12 inches and the word 'severe' all in the same sentence, I was confuzzed.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

We warmed up to 28 - 30 the past few days and I think we only have about 3 or 4 inches on the ground right now. Roads all nice and clear for once. I just hope they come to my neighborhood with the salt trucks before it starts snowing again, we're always on the bottom of the list it seems - main roads get dibbs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's expected here in Indiana, 12-20 inches of snow plus an ice storm beforehand. I don't even know what that much snow looks like lol Had it nice and mild the last 5-8 years
Its back to what REAL winter is about!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Live loop:

www.ssd.noaa.gov...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I heard that we are supposed to get 12-20 inches here. Plus sleet and freezing rain. They are also forecasting 30+ mile per hour winds. Even if we get half of that, its going to be bad!

We are decently prepared though. I don't mind being snowed in!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join