It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundhog Day Storm May Affect More than 100 Million People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I saw Chem trails the other day here, really powerfully and then suddenly we got pounded with snow, not saying it is related but seems awfully funny. I will be going to Orlando first then Tampa. I can't imagine Florida being any worse then Maryland lol. It really is stressful to live in the nations capital. I lived in Florida for 5 years and it was so much better.

Just a side note: The weather here has been unusually warm, I mean in the 40s and higher usually, on SOME occasions it gets to 50+ even in to the 60s, very unusual weather.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ISis12RA12ELohim

I guess it's a trade-off I s'pose.
Get down here safely and in the meantime, stay bundled up, up there.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

But we did have some lovely chemtrail spraying today. One trail was at least 75 miles long.

I saw the plane overhead but I couldn't see the beginning of the trail. It was that long.
So I called one person south of me, the other north.... and they were seeing the same exact chemtrail and they were 75 miles apart. It was HUGE.
They're doing something out there! That much, I'm sure of.

I saw that chemtrail, too, and even remarked on it. I am not one to even talk about these things most of the time, but the trail today was ...impressive.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Oh, Great! I already have ice surrounding me and a burst pipe in the bathroom from the cold

As i get older i hate it more and more.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Are you in southeast Florida too?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Oh, Great! I already have ice surrounding me and a burst pipe in the bathroom from the cold

As i get older i hate it more and more.

Brrrrrrrrr. I don't miss that at all.
Like I said to the poster above, it's a trade off moving down here from the northeast.
But I tell you, the winters are getting colder and colder here. It's down to 42 degrees right now and they're not just cold snaps. They tend to stick around for a while lately. Like all of January it seems.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Except for the ice portion heading as far south as Texas, it really doesn't surprise me. Why back when I was a kid (boy am I making myself sound old - really that was only back in the 70s) in Michigan I got a snow day off school just about every year for my birthday. Which is March 21st.

We're near Gettysburg, PA and the foothills here seem to break most storms north or south of us. Well, we're ready here. Been exclusively using a wood stove for heat all winter, and have a cord and a half of wood left.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sunny California is good to me

Stay warm all you guys in the Mid-East and East Coast

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Freezing rain or snow is common in my area. I am ok with what mother nature can through at me weather wise. Although I agree with weather getting more erratic, I am not without knowledge of how to deal with it, nor is my area.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I read the meteorologists called a freak storm
yet it was forcast by Piers Corbyn

The same guy who forecast the invisble Christmas blizzards in SE England? The pre-New Year snowfall across Britain and Europe that all evapourated in the warm air? The bitterly cold and snowy January we've just totally failed to experience?

Anyway, what's with you Americans hogging all the snow this winter? I've not seen any snow fall since before Christmas (very, very, very unusual to see none at all in January, even here) and Beijing hasn't seen any at all this winter - a record.
edit on 29-1-2011 by Essan because: added comment

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
wouldnt effect me

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Read about this last week. Luckily I'm in that tiny little corner of VA that won't be affected. I do NOT want a repeat of the day after xmas. We were among the hardest hit in that one.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Has anyone seen an updated map or forecast on this storm? We all know how weather patterns can be - forever changing. My local forecast increased snow for Wed but no explanation as to why or anything about a major storm - yet!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

As of today:

preview.weather.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
We have building roofs collasping everyday in Central Connecticut. Snow totals are new records for both January and single month totals. And Jan is usually a slow month for winter, Feb being typically worse. Not ice age stuff YET, but if it keeps up it could be right around the corner.

As it is 5ft of snow cover or better will be around here for quite awhile even without more. Flooding will be next if we aren't lucky enough with a slow thaw.
:down:

Everybody think good, nice thoughts! Love mother Earth & Sun. Send positive vibrations. Hope for a calming!

Love, Peace, Out!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thanks for the updated map - seems I am right on the borderline between snow and ice - will probably get ice followed by snow. I can handle the snow but driving on ice - I don't like at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It was 75 degrees in oklahoma today, we spent the day at the zoo (with everyone else in the city I think) in shorts and tennis shoes.

Now they are calling for 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice monday and tuesday, which could be devastating by itself, with the possibility of 10 inches of snow. That would literally shut down our city for days and days.

We had an ice storm a couple years ago that brought the city to it's knees, it was bad enough the fire department went door to door the following week to check to make sure no one had frozen to death from lack of heat and fire. If no one answered when they knocked they would put caution tape on your porch and come back to check later.

Keeping my fingers crossed we don't get a repeat of that!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I love your posts. Even when I don't agree with them.
I agree with this one though, lol.

Anyway, go figure, I'm in the friggin "ice zone." The last time we had a massive ice storm here, we were without power for two weeks. It was horrible, but we lived to tell about it and while the boredom was enough to drive us insane, we faired ok otherwise.

Looks like one to be well prepared for. Guess I'll start laying in supplies now. I mean, I have stuff for an unexpected event, but when I see something like this coming, it's good to prepare for it so that the other stuff can wait for a later time.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It'll miss my wife and sons, but NAIL my in-laws.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Flashlights, food, blankets, and ignore those space heaters folks, they can be dangerous if not used/vented properly.

It's also why we keep board games and such in my house, just to keep the kids busy when power goes out. And I can bet that it'll go out all over the place with this storm.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oh goody. My side of PA switched to the ice forecast. Bet hubby won't laugh at my insistence on a generator, food stock and extra blankets NOW!

When we moved here from our mountain home in California, I insisted on replacing my generator which had been left behind with the old house as an incentive. All hubby's coworkers said "Nah, we *never* lose power here..". I had hubby ask them what happens during an ice storm which pops up every couple of years. (I was thinking of the Oklahoma ice storm mentioned here earlier.) Hubby said everyone just blanched so he went and bought the generator for me. Ha, ha - who'll have the last laugh now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join