It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Mob and Mafia Movies of all Time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dyax-

I watched this after you're recomendation....sorry but it is truely awful imo. I know films are subjective, but is tyhat seriously a favourite? The 'Irish' thing was done hideously and everthing in the film is so cheesy its unbelievable. Like the detective with classical music whilst looking at the crime scene, again the irishness is ridiculously over played and the guy either has never met real Irish people and is basing his knowledge of the Irish on cartoons and bad movies or the 'Irish' people he has encountered before are Americans who claim to be Irish, but really have no idea about it apart from what they look up online. The shootout scenes are terrible as well (the rope) omg so silly. Jumping floors onto the guys back, very silly n cheesey.

Do you like the film as in like a B-movie sense and im looking at it too seriously? It always annoys us Brits when America just dont get culture like the irish. For example in irish bars they arnt all running about shouting '#arse' at each other jumping around dancing and play fighting with each other. Thats the thing of either cartoons or as I have encountered before Americans who claim to be Irish and act in this manor thinking thats how Irish people act all the time. I could go on but I want to know if you were being serious first.

Sorry I dont like to bash ATSers, especially over their choice of subjective material, but I feel robbed of the time that this film took from me and want to know what it is thats attractive to people about this film1?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Scarface
Godfather

new topics

<< 1   >>

join