It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds detained in Saudi Arabia over protests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
There was a thread a while ago about a Saudi prince saying something was going down.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 12-6-2010 @ 10:43 this post
Saudi Prince Turki bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud has warned the country's royal family to step down and flee before a military coup or a popular uprising overthrows the kingdom.

edit on 28-1-2011 by 12voltz because: of the nightmares

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Heck yes. I remember that! Thanks!

Did you catch my post about about King Abdullah being out of the country?

And now that I think about it more, aren't a lot of the "elite" in Davos? Hmmmm

And check this out... Lebanon PM appeals to Saudia to not abandon Beiru

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anti-Government protests over there?

Everyone in that country HATES America. 30 months ago Saudi Arabia was saying it was going to CEASE accepting US dollars for oil. They were going to start the Gulf Monetary Union.

Then the CIA got Barrack elected to appease the Saud's. We paid off all their debts, gave them a Victory Mosque on Ground Zero, and are giving them $60 Billion in free military hardware.

But the Saud's are mad at their ruler....they still don't want to send oil to America.

They financed the Pakistani Nuclear Bomb program in exchange for a few bombs of their own. They are a nuclear power now. Hence we can't fight them.

If they get their King to cease accepting US dollars for oil.....China's their new friend...Guess who's the new SuperPower?

Not us.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Yes ,Good timing for him. Maybe the prince could write some threads in the prediction forum,so we can see how it all ends and find out what he means by this"Do not fool yourself by relying on the United States or Britain or Israel, because they will not survive the loss; the only door open is now the exit door of no return. Let us go before it closes."

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
All of these protests are happening as oil prices are rising in a bad economy. OPEC is considering raises oil prices above $120 a barrel. Maybe its time for a shakeup in the Middle East to set the price straight in our faltering economy? Place a new puppet in the countries? It would make a fascinating book! Still, the reason I'm sticking with for now is that the people really grew tired of the fascists in their respective countries. I hope Saudi Arabia is next! Though I'm still hoping a radical political party doesn't take power after the U.S. backed dictators leave.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
wouldnt it be so ironic if the saudi royal family fleed and then the second richest family in the uae took over, you know, the bin ladens. that would be classic

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Related new thread: Egypt protests draw mixed reaction in region

reply to post by lewman

Very ironic. There's no mention of these riots in Saudi Arabia or of King Abdullah being in Morocco at all in this thread.
edit on 1/29/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I'm not so sure the Saudi's are thrilled with this administration. The lost some very close ties when the last administration ended.

reply to post by Throwback

I think we'll be lucky if it's just $120. Did you see this thread?! Suez Canal Closure Concerns Go Viral....$200-$300 oil?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by backinblack

In a way, yes, I do agree that it seems planned. What I'm needing a moment to wrap my head around is how they did it.

I have already addressed how they did this in several threads.
One post is linked below.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

George Soros, he is funding Revolutions in
all the protesting nations.

name ring a bell ???

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

antonia

I think you are Spot ON...

If this 'popular uprising' is spreading to Saudi then we are all in for a little bit of trouble until a new global staus quo is reached........... trouble is that before we get there, we all have to look at the current religious differences again....

There is another thread about Medieval and barbaric stoning on ATS currently BUT the trouble is that is the norm / the law for that area and if the 'popularists' of these middle eastern countries rise up then there will be enormous pressure to embrace those religious aspects of different faiths in the face of the West...

We have, in the West been living in a dream world - where everything we want is available and affordable....... get ready for a rude awaking and BE prepared to live by your means and NOT by expecting everything to be how it was..
Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Yes, I've read your thread and seen your posts. Also read through dozens of other articles and threads on the subject and have some theories of my own. However, I'm still not quite seeing it here. It's not quite making sense to me, and you know I don't typically have a problem seeing theories. My questions relate more to...

How they could possibly have triggered the people of all these countries affected (so far)?
How could they have predicted these outcomes?.The timing? The response.
And of course how are they going to manipulate the newly installed leadership?

If my plan were to take over the ME, I'd be very uncomfortable as to its outcome if I were dealing with this many variables, and most of all the human element.

I'm beginning to think some of this was spontaneous and maybe even unexpected. That they were caught unaware. But that's not to say they won't take full advantage. We all know they will.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Sorry to chip in to your convo with Boonie Dock boy but I think that this is Spontaneous actions by the peoples of countries who feel 'left out'.
Demographically speaking alot of these countries are weighted by younger more disaffected populations than i first thought.

I think that any TPTB control or direction is actually not true here and I think that they are NOT in control of this...... we are possibly headed into unknown territory

Regards

PDUK

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Not a problem...all are welcome to jump in

Yes. It's looking to me more and more that this is case...spontaneous. That's not to say that there couldn't have been other factors at work here too that primed the pump. Main point here being, you can't predict the behavior of humans on this kind of scale or time line.

A few things are certain though...they probably learned that cutting communications isn't the best idea (as this got people out into the streets in large numbers), they are probably on the defensive at this moment, scrambling to do damage control, and they are damn well going to attempt to take advantage of the circumstances.

I only hope the people of these countries know what kind of support there is for them from the people of other countries. This momentum has to keep going.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Finally some news on this from somewhere other than the Tehran Times...most of it seems downplayed in comparison. And all reported as flood-related. But still, this has to be worrying the Saudis?

Flood sparks rare action

Activists call rare protest in flooded Saudi city

Dozens of protesters arrested in Jeddah

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
How they could possibly have triggered the people of all these countries affected (so far)?
How could they have predicted these outcomes?.The timing? The response.
And of course how are they going to manipulate the newly installed leadership?

If my plan were to take over the ME, I'd be very uncomfortable as to its outcome if I were dealing with this many variables, and most of all the human element.

Luc, we are talking about the same guy who
crashed the bank of England.

He also created Revolutions in Serbia, Chech Republic, Georgia
and also brought down the Iron Curtain Communism in Russia.
He's a genius with economics and strategy.
Soros bringing down a country or multiple countries
would be as easy as you going out to mow your lawn.
He doesn't think like you and I do.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Understood. Funds and a few CEOs and the media are much easier to control than people, though, Boonie.

Again, I really don't disagree with you that there are elements at play here or even that Soros might not be involved, if even tangentially. All I'm saying is that I think they underestimated the human element here and now they're on the defensive. And if this is true, these people really need our support to keep the momentum going and to keep thwarting these pukes.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Luc, we are talking about the same guy who
crashed the bank of England.

See, there's your first and maybe fundamental flaw in understanding the reach of Soros.
It was the German Central Bank that led the charge that took down the BofE, Soros merely hitched a ride and made a few quid out of it.
It's become an urban myth, but Quantum fund inner circle have made it clear - in fact Soros wasn't that involoved in the 'short the pound' play. He gave his nod to the fund boys, but he didn't come up with the idea. All this according to the autobiography of his right hand man at the time.
edit on 29/1/11 by RogerT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Good points. I've been following him a very long time, long before it was cool to, and I just don't quite see him as the face of the NWO in any primary function, no more so than, say, Murdock.

I more lean to the theory that he's a tool they're using and he's taking full advantage...sort of a symbiotic relationship of the slimey order.

He may have some globalist visions, but not necessarily in the same vein as some of the really powerful people or in the club, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Great find, OP, thanks for bringing this to light.

I also came across this:

Protests Spread To Saudi Arabia
"...The clip below shows the peaceful demonstrations that have taken place recently, which as Fedupmontrealer explains are "taking place in front of the Municipality in protest of the severe lack of infrastructure, and corruption, that led the city to be inundated this week causing billions of dollars of damages for the second time in two years." That this is even occurring in a state where the average wealth is orders of magnitude greater than in Egypt is remarkable. On the other hand, we expect more news such as those from yeserday that Kuwait is paying its citizens $3,500 plus free food for a year to keep calm..." (More at source)

edit on 1/29/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Great find too. That was interesting to watch. Thanks for posting it.

Wow...Kuwait is paying their people to "keep calm?" They must be very worried.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join