It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double and Triple Posts - Getting so many!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
For the past couple of days I have been getting double and triple posts almost every time I post something. Those triples get a little embarassing - am I doing something wrong. I only hit the post button one time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

And now It's spread to threads

ZOMG!!!!

Thought I should post on both.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes, now its with threads - what the hay?

edit on 28-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

get your cat off the keyboard !!! Those weird mystical strange creatures !

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Kitty is sound asleep now in his bed - let's see if this one doubles

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I haven't noticed this. Have you had problems anyplace else? On other websites?
Sometimes a mouse that is starting to go bad will double, instead of single click. I'm not saying that's it for sure, just throwing it out there as a possibility.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

No problems on any other website and my mouse is fairly new. Thanks!
edit on 28-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: added letter

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Do you use the back button? I use it a lot when answering in a long thread. I post then go back to where I was... but if not careful it will resend again

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No don't use the back button. I just compose the post, usually just text and click reply one time.

Thanks tho!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
A lot of the site I go to have a posting time limit. It will not let you do but one post every 30 seconds. These site do not have the double or triple post and threads. Maybe ATS could try something like that. 30 seconds seems like a long time to some people but a 10 second or even 5 second limit should do the trick.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What I understood so far, it may be related to ATS's search engine problem. I found better result by searching via browser's google search bar. Enter the keywords with ats as another keyword in the end.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I found that when I post double & tripple posts,is when there is bad reseption.My phone browser would load and load and.....When i cancel and resend there is a double post.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks all for your suggestions. Since I don't have a problem on other sites I am thinking its an ATS thing - perhaps a Mod might know - hint hint

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hey crazydaisy!

Ask and ye shall receive!

From my own perilous ATS history I can give you some advice that I have learned about the hard way!

1) When moving from the "title" field to the "main body" field, while in the thread creation pages, it seems to feel intuitive to push the "enter" key twice, as a means of tabbing through. Unfortunately this not only does NOT tab you from field to field, as intuition suggests... it actually will post TWO copies of a blank thread.

Did this mistake so many times I found myself assuring mods, and myself that I had a browner problem! The fourth or fifth time I realized what I was doing and went "Oh, yeah. It's not my browser. It's me."

2) Also, if you go to post and the page freezes or loads extremely slow, it is tempting to reload, refresh, or push enter again... All of these will cause multiple posts to hit the thread. Even if the progress bar, in your browser, shows *zero* progress towards loading, in reality, the post has posted.

I hope this helps! But feel free to U2U me if you keep having problems and I will do all I can to get you in touch with the folks with the proper mojo to help!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks you very much - will try to keep a better watch and follow your suggestions.. Your responded like a genie in a jar:lol

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Is there a place we can request deletion of something we posted? Should I just message a moderator directly in some way? I accidentally posted a blank post on my very second-ever post. I blamed it on the sweet cat, but it was I. She never does anything but love me and hunt mice to give to me (in case I cannot afford cow, perhaps?)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What on earth could be causing it? magnetic disturbances deep within the earths core?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What on earth could be causing it? magnetic disturbances deep within the earths core?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MasonOrwell

All that a moderator would be able to do is to edit a post out, leaving it blank. There is no way to totally remove a single post from the thread structure.

Since the post in question is already blank - you're already to best case scenario of what we can accomplish, regarding this problem!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
the only trick to avoid that .. is when you think your post didnt get through
after pushing reply

even if its lagging ..
the green bar below is not completed
or a cant display the page

THE POSTS ALWAYS GET THROUGH lol
i make double post always in that situation thinking my first attempt didnt work

THE CAKE IS A LIE

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join