It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt - Communication Cut Off Escalated

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just heard that they have now cut all mobile phone service and all internet service in the entire country. This includes most land lines. Hillary Clinton just spoke out asking them to reconnect the communications services because they are denying their people universal human rights. Thought this was interesting as they obvious see a need to stifle the voices and information even more.

Seems like things are actually going differently than how they hoped a few hours ago.
Here is one source...

Egypt Expands Communications Blackout
edit on 28-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
been like that all day. I think it backfired. If they can't hang on facebook, might as well go protest.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Nah this escalation just occurred about an hour ago. It seems that they are having some major problems over there right now.

They are saying now that the Al Jazeera news network is inciting rebellion

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
what if it happen here? Will people riot like they do in the MidEast and Europe or will there be a coup d'etat from Justin Bieber Fans ?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
or will there be a coup d'etat from Justin Bieber Fans ?

Oh please don't say that-not even as a joke...........

link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If here means the USA, not likely anytime soon. You see one mark of the sucessful king is to keep the peasants happy, or at least complacent. As crappy as things are looking here in the good ol US, we still got it better than anywhere in the world, things gotta get a whole lot worse before we take to the streets and then it'll be too late because our populace is more sheeple than people.

link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Oh sorry, maybe I should read more closely.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas thinker
reply to post by starwarsisreal

If here means the USA, not likely anytime soon. You see one mark of the sucessful king is to keep the peasants happy, or at least complacent. As crappy as things are looking here in the good ol US, we still got it better than anywhere in the world, things gotta get a whole lot worse before we take to the streets and then it'll be too late because our populace is more sheeple than people.

Agree 100%

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Clinton just spoke out asking them to reconnect the communications services because they are denying their people universal human rights.

thats a joke comeing from her.what about the usa denying their people universal human rights.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Nah it's not you it's the source I gave. It wasn't what I was looking for but it will work. I have so many different sources open on so many different mediums it's hard for me to tag the exact one I was using...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

who is?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The people taking to the streets fed up with tyranny. People gunned down in the street "armed" with rocks? Any of this sound familiar? This is their American revolution.

We as Americans need to stand with the people of Egypt, for we are all brothers and sisters in the fight for freedom. This gives me a new-found hope that people are still willing to risk their lives for liberty. It sends shivers down my spine. Beautiful. I AM WITH YOU PEOPLE OF EGYPT!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure" -Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin
Clinton just spoke out asking them to reconnect the communications services because they are denying their people universal human rights.

thats a joke comeing from her.what about the usa denying their people universal human rights.

Yes, this from the woman who wants Assange arrested! All these politicians suffer from selective memory loss!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Hillary will find out that she is NOT in control of anything! The military control everything. Any threat to the crude oil coming out of Egypt via the Suez Canal is a threat to national and global security.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

who is?

Fox news...They are saying that Obama can't do anything about it either and it could be a major problem as most of the Muslim world get their information from Al Jazeera. They are saying this could be a disaster.

@ Giovannetti44 I'm with you!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vermonster

who is?

Fox news...They are saying that Obama can't do anything about it either and it could be a major problem as most of the Muslim world get their information from Al Jazeera. They are saying this could be a disaster.

@ Giovannetti44 I'm with you!

Looks like Obama's kill switch works!

Global tech blackout is what we need for humanity to wake from this slumber.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i have heard they have now shut down Syria's major isp's

can anyone confirm?

edit -- just severe restrictions in place re facebook from mobiles etc since wed in relation to tunisia
edit 2 - good work SMR cheers

edit on 28-1-2011 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete
i have heard they have now shut down Syria's major isp's

can anyone confirm?

Syria Internet Disrupted As Egypt Blackout Catches On In Middle East: Reports

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Things are mixed atm. I'm not sure its true that there is no internet. I think there is a dial up company offering it for free. As for no cell phone, IDK. I do know that they turned it off, i wonder how, but I'm not a tech geek.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

seems to me the eygptian president/prime minister didn't quite think of it like that.
funny how trying to prevent people from communicating and organizing gave them more reason to join in the protesting after all now they are bored and have nothing to do.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join