It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have NASA removed these images?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Nice! Let us know if they respond and what their explanation is. This will be good.

EDIT: I just did a search for one of the missing images on Google. I searched "20110125_190530_n7euB_195.jpg" and I get one result. When Google last cached that page it contained the image in question. But when I went to the page it wasn't there anymore, and the cache they have isn't working.

edit on 28-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by matrix12

Hahaha, na, I just didn't think about the size of a satellite to that scale

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
reply to post by TheCardigan

so a spaceship the size of a planet?

You don't know how far away the object is so you cannot determine the size from the image. This thread is the place to discuss the image and video. Please post in the appropriate place.

This thread is about the removal of those photographs that I have emailed NASA about.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
actually the original post is here....been going a while now

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I can't even search old images. It brings me to todays. Here, try. Let me know if you have any luck.

sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...

I don't know what they mean by "Latest n image'.
so I'm not sure what to put in that field which...could be the problem too.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
This was posted on page 4 of the original thread, it's a bit odd and it hasn't been removed yet:

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

I downloaded it just in case. Take THAT NASA!!

I also noticed someone in that thread said they downloaded like 9 months worth of images, please share!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokzik

Tokzig, I have linked to it in the opening post, this isn't an attempt to hijack that discussion. I am trying to discuss the fact that the images you posted links to have been removed mate.

Have you saved them on your hard drive? If so, would you upload them onto the media space on ATS and post links to them on the thread?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tokzik

This is a bi-thread to your OP. The photos are off NASA's site and that's the point to this thread. It's another conspiracy within the original conspiracy. Imagine that

Would you know why you can't open their pages? Does this happen often?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz
This was posted on page 4 of the original thread, it's a bit odd and it hasn't been removed yet:

I also noticed someone in that thread said they downloaded like 9 months worth of images, please share!

This photo is from today but .............................that thing is there again.

Enlarge the photo and it's about 4 inches from the top right

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Would you know why you can't open their pages? Does this happen often?

It looks like someone at NASA has removed the images. It's as simple as that.

The website is working but the links to the the images are dead. That means they have been removed from the folder, deleted or renamed so the link doesn't work.

Unfortunately we have to wait for a response from their end. I considered not mentioning the discussion in the email. However, I suspect if the images are gone then they may have already been aware of the attention on ATS.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

OH MAN! No more red text please. Have mercy on those trying to read this, please?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Yeah, it's pretty weird. I can't really get much more out of it in Photoshop. But did you notice there seems to be like 3 anomalous objects on there? Are those sort of objects common? Because if so, these are probably just all glitches...if not, I theorize they are machines harnessing/trapping energy from the Sun as it awakens from it's slumber, they are in place to protect us, without us even knowing it.

I considered not mentioning the discussion in the email. However, I suspect if the images are gone then they may have already been aware of the attention on ATS.
It's good to let them know that people have an eye on what they're doing anyway. That way they are less likely to just completely ignore your email if they know it's not just you wanting answers.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

This photo is from today but .............................that thing is there again.

Enlarge the photo and it's about 4 inches from the top right

I think if you are going to analyse the images, perhaps it would be best to do that in Human_Alien's thread. That way it doesn't get too confusing.
edit on 28/1/11 by Pimander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea to understand the tools you use before using them.

For example, Stereo...

The science data collected by the STEREO spacecraft are written to the on-board recorder, which is then read out and transmitted to the ground during daily telemetry tracks using the NASA Deep Space Network. These data are of much higher quality than the beacon data, but take several days to reach the STEREO Science Center website. Thus, the most recent images on the STEREO Science Center browse tool will always be beacon images. These temporary beacon images are replaced with the full-quality versions as they become available, generally about 2-3 days later.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There was no need to email them demanding answers when the answers were in front of you the whole time.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I copied the url to one of the 404ed photos and went to www.archive.org... Even the archived webpages for these images have been blocked:

"We're sorry, access to stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov... has been blocked by the site owner via robots.txt."

It stinks to high heaven.
edit on 1/28/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It reminds me of the Cygnus from Disney's "The Black Hole" (1979) starring Anthony Perkins:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5c1b50ef86d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Here is a post made by tokzik on This thread.

Originally posted by VeniVidi
This is the third thread based on this same object.

Possibly post this in one of those threads?

Please add to one of the existing threads.

Closed.
edit on January 28th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join