It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Stereo-Behind UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Update: Raw original images removed from NASA. Why?

Okay folks, how many more glitches next to the Sun (or Moon or in our skies) are we going to blame on lens flares or software anomalies or satellite imagery issues or whatever else people blame these on?

Let's all agree, this is clearly not CGI'd so let's nix that excuse immediately. This is on NASA's server.

This appears to be a good old, old fashion UFO only, it's not flying. So perhaps we should have a new category called Unidentified Stationary Objects because that's EXACTLY what this appears to be.

Go ahead, debunk this because I would LOVE to see what you have to say.
(and before I get those "this was already posted. Get familiarized with the 'search feature....." posts, I did search this out and nothing came up)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
sorry..........www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

do you have a link to where this is on the nasa server. ifso i will say that is pretty amazing, kind of looks like one of the insectacons from the old transformers cartoons, maybe hasbro knew a few secrets

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Thanx for this post human_alien !!! S&F

I dont think a pixle or hot flares or what not would have a 3d effect to it, but in the past soho pic's with those all have had a 3d effect to all of em' !!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey HA. There was a pretty large thread on this a few days ago. Will try to find it. There was a lot of information contained in that thread. Most dealt with the fact that the person who created this vid admitted that he made some adjustments to the nasa pics. Not saying that he did anything wrong. I will try to find the other thread. Maybe someone else can find it before me. Not to good at using the search feature on here.

Ok I see someone found it.
edit on 1/28/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

det det det det det ........ SPACE INVADERS lol anyone remember that old game? looks alot like it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It kind of looks like the outline of Buzz Lightyear. If this is really a UFO, it's amazing to me it can be so close to the sun without being pulled in by the sun's gravity or it being vaporized. I have no clue what this is, but if this is legit, the technology to withstand the heat and gravity is just unimaginable! Kind of scary when you think about it. Nice fine.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
sorry..........www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't believe it

Oh well............let me go apologizes to that OP and see if she/he mind me having the SAME DAMN thread.
(sorry. I really did search this out)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Something to consider.

Why can't we see this with the naked eye...look at how big it is..its freaking epic..its like bigger than jupiter.

oh...maybe not, it may just be closer to the camera verses the other side of the sun...fine

erm..what is lighting it up then if its on the side of the sun that the cam is on? the sun would be lighting up the opposite side of the structure.

the easiest answer is that its just a jpeg compression artifact..else it would have to be on the other side of the sun to be lit up like that...and would be clearly visible as being a bajillion miles wide. (give or take).

I used to be impressed with the artifacts, until someone asked me that question (what is lighting it up).
The simple logical answer wins out here I would think.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

do you have a link to where this is on the nasa server. ifso i will say that is pretty amazing, kind of looks like one of the insectacons from the old transformers cartoons, maybe hasbro knew a few secrets

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

You have to search out the date and I don't know how to backtrack. Should be relatively easy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Why have NASA removed these images?

The raw images have been removed!!! Why prey tell?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Hey HA. There was a pretty large thread on this a few days ago. Will try to find it. There was a lot of information contained in that thread. Most dealt with the fact that the person who created this vid admitted that he made some adjustments to the nasa pics. Not saying that he did anything wrong. I will try to find the other thread. Maybe someone else can find it before me. Not to good at using the search feature on here.

Ok I see someone found it.
edit on 1/28/2011 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

NASA took down their images from that day however, that thing is on today's image

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

So much for the YT tweaking it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea to understand the tools you use before using them.

For example, Stereo...

The science data collected by the STEREO spacecraft are written to the on-board recorder, which is then read out and transmitted to the ground during daily telemetry tracks using the NASA Deep Space Network. These data are of much higher quality than the beacon data, but take several days to reach the STEREO Science Center website. Thus, the most recent images on the STEREO Science Center browse tool will always be beacon images. These temporary beacon images are replaced with the full-quality versions as they become available, generally about 2-3 days later.

stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I appreciate your knowledge and passing it on but you also have to understand, UFOs have been reported way before NASA was even invented much less, launched any of their satellites in space. So although it's a nifty and convenient science-like explanation, I tend to fall back on the ancient-alien persuasion.

But hey, thanks!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Text book strawman my friend...

A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

top topics

join