It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS loading very slowly over last hour

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I've tried everything I could think of, attempting to reproduce the problem others seem to be having. I booted my system, cleared cache and cookies, logged out and back into ATS twice.

So far ATS is still performing as it always has for me.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well my issues seems to be fine now.
Pacific North West US.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
looking at the IP flow, every time I try to download a page my computer is sending packets which shows up blue on the tweakmeter? Maybe the ATS engine is taking longer with the cookies? I'll try and narrow it down.

The delay is in the cookie processing at least with firefox. Can't post without cookies turned on though.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Bordon81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
ATS has been off and on extremely slow and moderately slow from around noon PST to now on 2 separate computers, in two different places with 3 browsers.

I had assumed it had to do with reading about the Dugway lockdown which when I started in on the thread was when it all started and for some reason when I subscribed it didn't stick... already had some suspected internet tampering involved... (I am mostly being facetious here but it is an odd coincidence)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

OK. My Internet Provider (IP) is in Columbus, Ohio, Time Warner. So when I am online, I am coming from Columbus OH. I use a proxy server based in China. Over there are lots of Internet Cafe's and some really big, powerful servers. So, from my home, to Columbus, 100 miles away, then to China, then to wherever I am going online.
How Does a Proxy Server Work?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
For what its worth - ATS has been being slower than normal for me for the past few days (about since the OP here). The rest of the net seems about the same speed from what I can tell. Its not like its unusable or anything - just that I can tell its a little slower than usual for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Still bad here. No other site is. It sits on a black screen whenever I try to click forums. And search is hosed too. The login screen jumps around as well. Maybe it's a local ad? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Does the menu jump for you too right after log in?

For me I'll - log in and then go up to the menu bar to hit "Recent Posts" or "My ATS". But, when I put my mouse over it the whole bar shifts left such that "Log Out" is where "My ATS" used to be.

It only seems to really do this right after log in for me.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Exactly. Then I have to log back in again. Wasn't paying attention the first time it happened and thought I was losng my mind. Now I chase the button. Ha.

edit on 2/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join