It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the "elite" were attempting to do what they believed was best for everyone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Sorry, they used the term Iron law of Oligarchy in wikipedia.

That's a very nice, and Cute theory... only one problem.

You are presuming that "All societies end with oligarchy" means that you should not pay attention to the society after it turns into an oligarchy.

What about the societies that started off as Dictatorships or oligarchies... and then the people revolted and turned the government into something that was not an Oligarchy...

Hmmm.. I'm trying to think of a nation that threw off the shackles of Monarchy... because they were sick of being a colony of an oligarchic empire..... and established a Constitutionally based Representative Republic....

Yeah, can you help me out with that one? my memory seems to be failing me at the moment.

What nation was that?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

I must disagree with part of your comment. I did not take a position, I posted a question. The question was how we should structure government. My question was formed in the manner of a story, a possible explanation of how the world is run and an alternate perspective on what the "leaders" attitudes may be. I think that as we do not know what the world leaders think we should not just assume one answer as there is not one leader.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

LOL. You mean this place is not run by an oligarchy? How nice to know that, I thought it was.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

In fact, the elite, illuminati, nwo etc ARE doing the right thing. They are an extension of nature (search for that to get my old posts up). You see, the masses (even the ones on this site who "hate" the nwo illuminati etc, the masses have begged for it. The illuminati created the nwo because it keeps people safe.
the psychology of the masses is as simple as this...they are lazy, greedy, delusional, and think they are entitled.
The masses love the nwo/illuminati because it means they are taken care of without having to worry.

Simple, who do you think has more brains or has worked harder or has a better understanding of nature/reality etc.? the masses? lol. no its the elite who are aware.
Think about this...the masses WILLINGLY choose to hurt others. In war who pulls the trigger? yes they "take orders" but he psych of that is so they can say "i was just following orders, i did it for my country" but in reality they WANT TO kill etc...

the illuminati created the artificial womb so the masses can live comfortably (I understand all the wars etc but nature is not fair, and the illuminati are an extension of nature, depopulation has to happen because look at the masses that are alive that would NOT be if it wasnt for the illuminati)

my old posts bring up the points and all that. When the sht hits the fan, its no the cops you have to worry about...its your neighbor who will kill u for your food.
I mean, look at what the masses do.. buy crap they dont need, call 911 when mcdonal is out of chicken strips
(true), and no one has been brainwashed...dont give me that crap. no one put a gun to your head and said watch tv or believe everyting you hear.
there is a REASON why the illuminati have existed for so long and will always be around. Because not only are they aware of nature and reality, but the masses beg for their existence.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Well, if they think they are "helping" us, than they are very terrible at it.

I look at it like a company with a poor quality manager.
The company suffers as a result.

What more can I say?

Feel free to step right up and show the world you can do a better job, eh?

It's bloody well hard to get people to cooperate and be good little slaves.....er, workers.....er....citizens.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

OK, where do I start? There are VERY POWERFUL autocratic post national corporations who actually think their better (just what does that mean other then having more power, and certainly more money then God? ) As we live in the era of the post nation-state, you know what they say absolute power… The Quiet Ones, The Kind Ones of Shadows are not many, but they are “adults”, and don’t think they own you. We are all made in the “image”, so to speak of what ever God floats your boat. And when we die, at least until cardiac arrest, we are all afraid. Very afraid. My NDE’s had me scared you-know-what-less. (I had two). Do good works, and stop thinking you can dictate terms w/out even declaring war, let alone suing for peace. Or "be a man” (no offense ladies), and don’t be a Shadow Creeper… That which scurries away from the lights include such unpleasant things as cock roaches. And the odd person w/a God complex.

So if there is someone pulling the heavy-gage ropes of humanity, try harder to be decent. No one expects perfection. We demand decency. Or get another (day?) job.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

In reply to the OP.

Ive always believed that a One World Government is a must if we are to move outwards peacefully into space. Its a no brainer. We must come together as a united humanity for if we cannot get along with one another how would we fare if we were to stumble upon an ET civilisation somewhere in our future.

If power was divided equally amongst all the peoples of the worlds we would never achieve anything. How would we come to decisions about things? Votes? With our current population it would take years to come to agreement on the most miniscule of decisions. We have to have leadership. Its natural.

I think a lot of people get confused about a one world government. Its not the idea of it itself which is bad, its the means by which current world leadership seems to be going about bringing it together that is the problem.

It is difficult to see the whole picture without being in a position of immense global power so its easy for events/actions to be misunderstood and the greater good gets forgotten. I think it would be very difficult to make important decisions that benefit the people of earth in the long run and help with the advancement of our species and tough love on a global scale can be quite painful and disturbing.

Not a job I would want for sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Oh, I am sure the elite think they are doing what is best for everyone.

The problem is they view the rest of us as sub-human cattle.

What they are doing is intentionally breaking the world so they can "remold it" in a form to their liking. If the sub-human cattle suffer or die so what? It is for the greater good of the masses.

All you have to do is look at the Fabian Society Stained Glass Window

Note the two men hammering the world to shatter it and above them the shield with the wolf in a sheep's skin? I do not know how much clear you can get. Especially when you research the recently passed laws that got us into this economic mess starting with Reagan on up to Obama.

More on the NWO and the Fabian Society

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join