It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama coming on television in 5 minutes to talk about Egypt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Obama Urges Restraint

That's kinda funny. If he urges restraint by the government/authorities, you think he would say the same if this happened in the US?
Yeah, right.

If he urges restraint by the protesters, then that tells you something else, too, very clearly. As one poster mentioned, if it were to spread to the US...

I voted for the guy, and have a mostly positive opinion of him, but either way you interpret his statement is, well, not something i am too keen on, because it's authority/government-centric.

Can't disrupt the status quo, or the delineation of power, now can we?

*sigh*
edit on 28-1-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It was a 4 minute speech... and I don't think he said anything important. He did speak to Mubarak personally, wonder what he really said to him?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

berklygal

He told him his time is up...

Obama and America is 'backing the wrong horse' and Egypt are one of the main offenders in this regard

PDUK
edit on 28-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Probably let him know that there was no running from this. To man up lay in the bed he has made. If he was allowed to run, imagine what all the other leaders would do ASAP when the SHTF in their countries.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All governments have an obligation to operate by consent of the people? Obama doesn't know what he's talking about. The United States government does whatever the hell it wants without consent from the people. I don't remember giving them permission to keep information and technology secret, but they do it anyways and they don't need permission. Obama wouldn't know much about it anyways because his security clearance is very low and he's only told what his clearance level allows him to be told, which is not much at all.

In addition, here's a video that explains it.

edit on 1/28/2011 by Condemned0625 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Thanks for outlining the main points. He was so quick I wasn't able to absorb it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

Pretty much 100% agree with those statements.

And to queenofsheba : You are very welcome.
edit on 28-1-2011 by Smell The Roses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
he probably just denied him a free pass to the usa as there has been enough tyrannical dictators and terrorists already who have been given a place of exile in the us in the past and he probably doesnt want a major news scandal on his hands in these times of easily available information to the masses.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
America has ALOT involved in Egypt.....

War on Terror
Bright Star - military Exercise critical to USA power in Middle East every 2 years
freedom of access to Suez canal

AMerican Military has a 'Vested' interest in eygpt for these reasons......

The Chief of Staff of the Egyptian military was in America today and has just gone back....USA will be offering support for authorities 'behind the scenes' BUT Obama is supporting the people in public...

It's called ''HEDGING YOUR BETS''...

PDUK

edit on 28-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

In case you're interested (I think this is the WikiLeaks cables): Cables: Egypt, US clash over democracy

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Tough call.
America must remain somewhat neutral overall imo. be the simple humanitarians and insist things remain peaceful. try to get people talking.

Does anyone even know wtf Egypt is wanting? Full democracy? Iranian theocratic style regime? or just having some fun on their weekend...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Lucidity

Thanks for the link.......that Confirms what I just heard about a 'local' western embassy ''assisting' with the start up of this dis-order....... just on BBC 24 and in a paper tomorrow i believe..

PDUK

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Well now they are coming out and saying crude oil has risen 4% in just 3 days. This is why Obama wants non violent tactics used to halt this rioting. This out lash is an indirect revolt against America in many ways.

These Egyptians have balls most can only dream of.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

USA has NOT been 'neutal' with regard to Egypt for the past 10 years............ they supply over 1.3 billion $ worth of military aid to Egypt....... thats not neutral........
USA is now trying to work out which side will prevail and is trying to support both before it is commited to make a decision..

PDK
edit on 28-1-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: spelling

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
They are spinning it now. Saying Obama had Mubarak's back in his speech he gave. That this will turn the Egyptian people against the concepts Obama has for them.

link   
If you read about the Iranian coup d'état, on August 19, 1953 you will see how difficult it is to make a call in an event like this in the middle east. We need to ask questions like who controls the Egyptian army etc.. its a learning event.

link   
reply to post by Condemned0625

??????????

You gave Obama 'Consent' by voting him the winner in a political election a couple of years ago........it's called democracey.....

If it doesn't suit you now then what do you suggest..?? Change them every other week......

Get a grip or embrace anarchy...

Regards
PDUK

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Obama doesn't represent the secret government and I never voted for him. I never vote. Ever.

link   
reply to post by Bordon81

Your right, we 'all to easily'' forget the lessons of history to quickly.......

USA support s egyptian military behind the scenes but I doubt in this case it makes a difference...

Mubarek is trying to 'change' by sacking his Government in the last hour and by saying they will reform, but an 82 year old will find ''change'' very difficult and the momentum is with the people now............

GREAT change is a foot and this will spread further...

Regards

PDUK

link   

Who says they voted Obama in? I feel the same way and I sure as hell didn't vote for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join