It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Internet's

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
With all the talk lately of internet being censored or restricted in certain country's to stop the flow of news to the outside world it had me thinking, Do you think there exists an internet which only say the military have access too, at first i though on the lines of where we have www. I though what about other starters to address's (i.e sss. or 111.) but then i thought why not have a completely separate internet separate from the civilian internet which we all use..

What are Ats thoughts on this as it seems plausable to me

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i couldnt see a completely seperate internet when the companies that run the internet can do all the groundwork for the military/government but sure a sort of subnet is a highly plausable idea...its so plausable im presuming someone will be along shortly to prove the theory correct, links and all

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeyD

lets face it, these days you can tell a pc to do anything, who needs a new internet???

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ACEWARDOG

Also recently with all the cyber attacks and virus's on the WWW it only makes sense for the military or any other government organisation to want to keep their files secure on a completely different internet. You cant get more secure than no one knowing about it!!

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Well, in 2008 there was talks of a new net being developed, 10,000 times faster than broadband, called 'The grid': www.timesonline.co.uk...

Seeing as we all know the ones with the power/technology basically only share it after they've taken tactical advantage of it for as long as possible, the military have probably had it for a few years already.
edit on 28-1-2011 by ScepticalBeliever because: typo

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Didnt that kid, i forget his name, something Mckillin or something, he was a pretty young hacker and apparently hacked into nasa / pentagon looking for info on free energy sources and was able to gain access to their comps with the most basic of hacking equipment, with half their computers set on default passwords and such. so i dont know about that, this kid said it was all basic PC computers with no extra security settings at all really. I always pictured some giant chrome super computer...guess not.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

My husband is Army. And yes there is a secret side to the internet. The one we use is called the "green side". The one that our military (and probably other governments) has access to what is called the "red side", accessed only if you have the secuity clearance and this little card thingy that looks like a driver's license/military ID that you put into the computer. There is a little gray box on the side of the computer that sits there with a dial. Most of the time it stays on the green side. When they want to access the "red side" to check confidential emails or the stuff WikiLeaks just released (forgot what those were called at the moment) they flip the switch to red and it brings up the "red side".
edit on 28-1-2011 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Im confused your post seems like a good reply at first finished off with a bit of sarcasm, dont know if this was the intention i thought this was a valid idea as it would be so secure and all the info we have on this internet would be speculation or disinfo mixed with the occasional truth and the real stuff on this separate internet.

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
this may finally be the one thay gets me visited.. yes back in the days before i got out (usmc and uscg) up until 02 for sure.. i held a clearance that was actually ats... it was a TS+ clearance. the internet you are wondering abput was the sprnet.

pronounced "sippernet".. didn't need a card though.. thumbprint scan and 2 passwords..

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well for starters, there is no "INTERNET".
Its all one big giant network, think of it that way.
There are plenty of other networks.
the military has their own networks.
VPNS- virtual private networks for businesses for example
and then theres also the possability of having Darknets.

darknets

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

There was no sarcasm intended. Everything thing I said is true. The secure side of the internet is called the "red side". It has the little gray looking box sitting beside the office computers. I went to take hubby lunch one day and ate with him in the office and asked what it was. That's when I found out about the "other" side of the internet. I have only known about it for a little over a year now. When he needs to access it, my hubby puts his card into the slot on the keyboard, turns the dial to red, and it gives him access to the "red side". I have never seen him access it, but I don't spend all day with him up at work. So yes, when I said he/they "flip the switch to red", I was being serious.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Wow thanks for that link, sounds alot like what i was thinking of i guess someone thought of it before lol.

Sorry i thought ur post was sarcastic as i honestly thought you was joking, one a different topic i wonder what is in this grey box that allows access to this red side as you put it..

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There is a 2nd Internet called, appropriately, "Internet2". It has a completely different 'backbone' than the current Internet.
As for secret networks within the connected Internet, yeah there are some there using different protocols than http (www), pop3/smtp/imap (emails), etc.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.protocols.com...

And with tunneling, nearly anything is possible.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

LOL I have no idea what's in the little gray box. All that is beyond my security level, techical understanding, and honestly don't want to know, as it would probably make me a target of some sort. I want no part of it. My husband, the army, and all those others can have their super sneaky secret stuff.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Guess this thread has been answered in many ways lol

Thanks for your replies & Links

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

also check out this link. it has more info, they really should just merge the two pages!

darknets vs dark internet

Also I see by your post count that you are a newer member here! Welcome to ATS

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Yes we, as in the US military, use "secret" and above networks separate from the World Wide Web.

We have special terminals that access networks like SIPRNET, etc.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Thanks ye registered a while back but just read more than posted, now i feel its the right time to start to post!
, thanks for the links ill get to reading as this topic fascinates me.

Thanks mikeboydus i never knew of SIPRNET , time for me to do some research i think

StrangeyD

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Hello there Scepticalbeliever, thanks for the link to that article from The Times & thanks too VonDoomen for you link to Wikipiedia, S&Fs to you both. CERN invented the internet & have invented another net (so be it intentionaly) whilst conducting an experiment of untold proportions/intentions/reasons/stability-even. This I think ties in with our begining to this next decade, the events that will unfold, maybe even the start to our thinking & living on the next concious levels ?

Look at the technology that China & Japan are familiar with, it scared me when the bank explained to me how to use my new card & that the bank hopes that for the 2012 Olympics most small transactions will be via Near Field Communication (NFCs) Most of the technology shown in films over the past however many years is now common place & looked upon as needed so just imagine what the implications of CERNS new net are...

Let us not forget;** Net approaches address exhaustion **
The last big blocks of the internet's dwindling stock of addresses are about to be handed out.
< www.bbc.co.uk... >

TPTB were ready for a new cycle to begin and by creating another internet that is super fast & also colosal with holographic & maybe even teleporting posibilities they were ready for the situation that the article in the link I have included covers.

I think that times are about to change in a major way my friends & it may be a mish mash of a lot of our ideas, suspicions and speculations or it may be in a way we never even began to think of, or then again it may be nothing & my t.v addicted friends, public bar drinking buddies & doctor maybe right & I may have lost the plot I had confiscated from me a long time ago & I may need a new backwards fastening jacket...s'n-word'..s'n-word'..crooked smile with that thousand mile stare

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That already exists. Try these basic ones just for fun!!!!
www2.
www3.
etc.
There are several "layers" and you can get into all kinds of strange stuff with enough patience and time.
Enjoy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join