It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Naval Officer see's UFO, or rather didn't.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have an interesting story about a possible UFO experience I had, while serving as an Officer on a Minesweeper.
I usually tell this around campfires, or to friends when UFO subjects come up, and I thought you folks might have some fun with it. It’s about a UFO that myself, and probably about 15 other folks, witnessed, but didn't see.

I was serving onboard a minesweeper, and we were crossing the Atlantic in April on our way home from a Mediterranean deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. We had been doing minesweeping/hunting operations in the Northern Approaches to the Suez Canal.

It was Mid-watch, around 2:30 in the morning, and I, being a vigilant Officer of the Deck(actually just trying to stay awake), noticed a RADAR contact up ahead, directly in our path.
I remember this night well, because it was about as clear and calm as I have ever seen the oceans. There was hardly even a ripple in the water, no moon to speak of, and you could see the stars reflecting in the water. We were probably about a day East of Bermuda if memory serves me correctly

The Radar contact was rather large, probably around two football field lengths at least. I knew it could not be a ship, because usually in the radar you can see the general shape of a ship when its large enough. It was perfectly round and fuzzy on its edges as it appeared on the Radar screen. It appeared this way on both radars that were on the bridge. I called combat and asked if they saw the Radar contact. I determined that this contact was not moving. Combat concurred on their radar that it was definitely there and agreed that it was not moving. I made my standard report to the Captain, including my intention of avoiding the object, and he, half asleep concurred with my report and ordered me to carry on.

I made my course change, and ordered the two minesweepers in formation behind us to change courses as well. I also spoke the OOD’s on the other minesweepers to see if they also saw the Radar Contact. They concurred that they saw it as well.

We approached the target within about 1000 yards and saw nothing. There was simply nothing there. Nothing in the water, nothing in the air. No disturbances, no lights, no radio chatter. We even got out night vision, and eventually turned on the spot lights. Nothing.

The Two other minesweepers also saw absolutely nothing. The third minesweeper, in hearing of our unsuccessful attempt at seeing this object, took it on their starboard side as opposed to us and the second taking it on our port (in case it was a boat and started moving). They saw nothing either.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by remyrange
I have an interesting story about a possible UFO experience I had, while serving as an Officer on a Minesweeper.
I usually tell this around campfires, or to friends when UFO subjects come up, and I thought you folks might have some fun with it. It’s about a UFO that myself, and probably about 15 other folks, witnessed, but didn't see.

I was serving onboard a minesweeper, and we were crossing the Atlantic in April on our way home from a Mediterranean deployment in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. We had been doing minesweeping/hunting operations in the Northern Approaches to the Suez Canal.

It was Mid-watch, around 2:30 in the morning, and I, being a vigilant Officer of the Deck(actually just trying to stay awake), noticed a RADAR contact up ahead, directly in our path.
I remember this night well, because it was about as clear and calm as I have ever seen the oceans. There was hardly even a ripple in the water, no moon to speak of, and you could see the stars reflecting in the water. We were probably about a day East of Bermuda if memory serves me correctly

The Radar contact was rather large, probably around two football field lengths at least. I knew it could not be a ship, because usually in the radar you can see the general shape of a ship when its large enough. It was perfectly round and fuzzy on its edges as it appeared on the Radar screen. It appeared this way on both radars that were on the bridge. I called combat and asked if they saw the Radar contact. I determined that this contact was not moving. Combat concurred on their radar that it was definitely there and agreed that it was not moving. I made my standard report to the Captain, including my intention of avoiding the object, and he, half asleep concurred with my report and ordered me to carry on.

I made my course change, and ordered the two minesweepers in formation behind us to change courses as well. I also spoke the OOD’s on the other minesweepers to see if they also saw the Radar Contact. They concurred that they saw it as well.

We approached the target within about 1000 yards and saw nothing. There was simply nothing there. Nothing in the water, nothing in the air. No disturbances, no lights, no radio chatter. We even got out night vision, and eventually turned on the spot lights. Nothing.

The Two other minesweepers also saw absolutely nothing. The third minesweeper, in hearing of our unsuccessful attempt at seeing this object, took it on their starboard side as opposed to us and the second taking it on our port (in case it was a boat and started moving). They saw nothing either.

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thank you for the interesting post.

Your incident may have involved a USO (underwater submerged object).

I think the most well known USO case was in Shag Harbour, Canada.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by planetzog

Thanks for the reply! It my have been a USO, however, I'm not sure that radar would have picked something up submerged. It stayed on the radar as we left and did budge at all. I had to of been above water the whole time. Maybe it was in stealth mode.

join