It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I have an OOBE as a child?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This seems like the right place for this if not I apologize.

I'm curious if maybe I had an OOBE when I was young about 25 years ago and if so maybe I can do it now. I was probably ten years old or so at the time and I was really sick, home from school for a week or so, that used to happen to me every year in the fall, though I haven't been sick in nearly two years, whatever that means.

Well we had this sectional sofa in a room at my parents house they called the pit, you would walk down two steps into what is a small living room with a roughly twenty foot high ceiling. So the sectional sofa went along two walls meeting in a corner, that's where I would sit. As I lay there with my back in the corner watching TV I remember feeling like I was sliding up the wall, at first still watching the TV but eventually I was looking down at my body, I kept sliding up the wall until I got to the ceiling and stopped, I don't remember if I looked around or not only that I was looking at my body and the TV, I'm not sure how long it lasted but when it was over I went and told my Dad about it, he looked at me like I was crazy so I never brought it up again until now. I've often thought about it over the past few years but never really had anyone I felt comfortable talking with about it.

For the past few years since I've been paying attention, sometimes I'll be sitting at my computer or laying on the couch, mostly when I'm sitting upright though, I kind of feel like I'm moving sort of like back and up just slightly, my monitor will look like it's slightly below me but a little closer if that makes any sense. It's sort of like my vision almost becomes tunnel vision and I want to turn my TV off to concentrate on the moment to see if it goes anywhere but as soon as I move it's over, it doesn't happen often maybe once every couple of months or so.

Well I'm wondering if when I was a child that one experience was the beginning of an OOBE and whatever that feeling is I get these days is my mind trying to do it now?

Any and all input is welcome and of course I'm open to the possibility that there's simply something wrong with me.

edit on 28-1-2011 by bigern because: grammar

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It sounds like an OBE to me, ...

Spontaneous OBE's can occur if someone is exhausted, or very ill, ...... when the body is really weak, our hold on it seems to weaken.

The sensations of motion are the same, .... I usually feel this way before I seperate, .... kind like you drank too much, ... and are spinning.

It may not mean that your about to OBE, ... but you fell out of sync for a second, ... know what i mean ??

Theres nothing stopping you from having OBE's these days, .... already having one makes you prone to more, .... I would reccomend doing some reading online, or even here on ATS, ... theres alot of good info out there, ...... but if you plan on doing it, ... you have to commit.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Very interesting! I just have a couple of questions for you....#1) What were you watching on TV? #2) How old were you? #3) Any prior knowledge of OOBE'S? #4) Are you an Atheist? #5) Oh and of course any drugs involved whether they be legal or not? Many kids take perscription drugs thats why I ask.
edit on 28-1-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Thanks for the advice and yeah reading about them here over the years is why I decided to ask. It's funny you say commit, that's sort of what I was getting at when I mentioned not being able to turn off the TV, when it starts to happen I try to focus on it but that background noise is always there, taking me out of it I guess. Next time it's quiet around here I'll make sure to leave the TV off, hopefully that will help.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
Very interesting! I just have a couple of questions for you....#1) What were you watching on TV? #2) How old were you? #3) Any prior knowledge of OOBE'S? #4) Are you an Atheist? #5) Oh and of course any drugs involved whether they be legal or not? Many kids take perscription drugs thats why I ask.

1) I don't remember what I was watching, could have been the Price is Right but I'd really just be guessing, I just don't know.
2) I would say around ten, give or take a year.
3) At the time no, it wasn't until high school that I became interested in these fringe subjects.
4) No and I'm not religious either, I believe many things are happening all around us that no one truly understands and I'm positive something happens when you die I just don't know what. Religions have part of the answer, but I don't think anyone of them has it all figured out.
5) Only drugs I would have been on would have been antibiotics.

Thanks for the response.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Yeah.... Focusing on an OBE is the worst thing you can do.

Your conscious mind will start reflecting on it, and somewhere in the back of your mind you'll think " is this even possible" and halt the entire process.

You cannot reflect or even think about whats happening, .... you must take it as if it is some normal everyday occurance.

Dont hold onto the experience, ..... Let Go, ... give into the sensations, ... there is nothing you have to do, .... the process will do it for you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS

1) I don't remember what I was watching, could have been the Price is Right but I'd really just be guessing, I just don't know.
2) I would say around ten, give or take a year.
3) At the time no, it wasn't until high school that I became interested in these fringe subjects.
4) No and I'm not religious either, I believe many things are happening all around us that no one truly understands and I'm positive something happens when you die I just don't know what. Religions have part of the answer, but I don't think anyone of them has it all figured out.
5) Only drugs I would have been on would have been antibiotics.

Thanks for the response.

Well I got nothing then. I don't think any Religion has it all figured out either. I have done a lot of research on OOBE's and have tried to do it myself many times but did not succeed. I believe your story because there are so many people that have. I think there is a lot we don't know about our capabilities as humans and demensional travel. If I were you I would really try to explore it more through meditation and focus. That's just me though. Interesting and thanks for answering all my questions

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

Did you get the electric buzzing sensation during the begining and end of the experience?..This dosn't seem to be a prerequisite all the time,but seems to be a factor at least during the first few times.Their is also a period when you get back in (so to speak) when animating your body takes some time, as a mild paralysis seems to effect some people.Either way its nothing to be alarmed about,its a blessing.You now "know" a diferent state of being exists.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by bigern

Did you get the electric buzzing sensation during the begining and end of the experience?..This dosn't seem to be a prerequisite all the time,but seems to be a factor at least during the first few times.Their is also a period when you get back in (so to speak) when animating your body takes some time, as a mild paralysis seems to effect some people.Either way its nothing to be alarmed about,its a blessing.You now "know" a diferent state of being exists.

I really couldn't say, if had to guess I'd say no I think I would remember something like that, like I said it was roughly twenty five years ago but who knows. Thanks for your interest.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

I had a spontaneos OOBE when i fell asleep under a willow tree. I then got some literature and then started to do them to the point where it scared me. I gave it up for decades then realised the fear was stupid.Its all part of the human consiousness,its best not to bore people that arn't interested,it tends to scare some people.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I used to be able to travel out of body when I was younger. It started one night when I was around five or six. I awoke to what looked to me like a demonic torso pulling...well, pulling me out of me by hands. There was another figure with the one pulling on me looking down on me from behind the main one. Being very frightened I tried to scream but no sound would come out. When I came to the realization and the understanding that I was now half way out of what I knew was my sleeping body I fought back. I went back into my body and got up to try and wake my brother in the bunk above mine but something was keeping me from waking him. So I ran for the door to try and get to my parents room across the hall. When I got to the open door and tried to go through it I was stopped, it felt like a combination of quicksand on the floor and running through jello. I knew who was stopping me from leaving and I turned around to see the two figures looking at me from the head of my bed. The one who was pulling me out of my body had his arm stretched towards me seemingly using some sort of power to slow me down. I can't remember how I got through the door but I did and went straight to my parents bed. Of course they reassured me it was a bad dream and we went to bed. They didn't close their door and the door to my room was still open, I saw the two figures come out of my room and stop at the door to my parents room. I heard noise of some kind, can't remember if it was words or just odd sound but I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

This is how I was opened to the OOBE but it is far from how I learned to do it at will. I believe now that those figures were from a place that can affect our reality. If they had not attempted to abduct me from my human body, for what reason they had, I believe that part of my brain/soul or whatever makes us able to travel out of body would not have been switched on.

After that I was able to "travel" at will but not without great fear. You see I used to have lucid dreams of being paralyzed and being bitten all over my body. The sensation was so frightening I would have to wake my self. This would happen only when I tried to sleep on my back with my arms at my sides. This went on for almost two years...same thing all the time. One night I decided that I was to old to be scared anymore so I suffered through the biting to see what would happen. The ability to travel out of body is what happened. The biting sensation and the feeling of impending doom was my immature mind trying to rationalize what was actually going on.

So this doesn't turn into a novel I will say that the ability has helped me through some of the toughest times in my life. Some where out there is an ex-girlfriend who can attest to an experiment I did. I had her write down whatever she wanted on a pad of paper in another room while I stayed in the bedroom. She then came and sat next to me while I traveled to the other room and read the message she wrote me. When I got back to my body I sat up and said "porkchops", she gasped, hit me and then told me to go to hell. I walked into the other room, grabbed the note pad and gave it her. She was upset I tricked her, I was happy because the note said "what do you want for dinner?"

That was the last time I traveled out of body, I had just turned twenty. I don't know if I forgot how or what but I have tried many times since then and no luck. I am now thirty four and I think my time is out for anymore OOBE's.
I can give more detail if anyone wants but this is the general large picture.

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
As a child, all your innate abilities are more accessible. but as we grow older the distractions of this world force us to get more involved in the physical aspect of being and heavily reliant on the Ego as referred to in eastern Philosophies.

Is it possible you can regain the ability?
It's possible for everyone to do so right now! depending on how far involved in the ego you have travelled. you will have to travel right back to center. taking with you everything you learned about the Ego.

you will have to go through the training process of lucid dreaming most likely depending on how accessible your innate ability is. lucid dreaming provides a simulation for you to practice maintaining your consciousness of your higher self in that state. Once you regain your mental balance your mind will be filled with light as you gain enlightenment. you can then do Real Out of Body experiences.

And i call it Innate, because it is a very natural and normal function of the body in existence. and there's really nothing to be afraid of except for fear itself.

new topics

top topics

join