It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IT BEGINS: Wealthy And Famous Egyptians Flee Country On Board Private Jets

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

That is a sobering video. I am not sure we are at what he calls the zero point of systemic collapse. Never the less collapse has been in progress since 2008 and is accelerating. We just have not reached that critical mass yet. Egypt could be a lynch pin and cause oil prices to rise out of sight that could begin an domino effect in an already wounded economy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by searching4truth

I've been meaning to look up if WikiLeaks or the Palestine Papers mention anything at all about Egypt. I think I read somewhere briefly tin one thread or another today hat WikiLeaks did have some stuff but I'm not sure when that was. Threads are scrolling off page 1 of Recent Posts so fast I sometimes can't find again something I meant to look at

]

Just google wikileaks + Egypt many news sites have it up. Wikeleaks was kind enough to pull all Egypt info and put it all together which various outlets have put up. Most of it had to do with the diplomats complaining of police brutality, essentially it validated a lot of the peoples concerns.

The Palestine Papers didn't get too much into Egypt as their focus is the peace process. All that was mentioned there was that Egypt is very instrumental in the talks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Have another piece

Where is Iran in all this?

Iran cleric: Mideast unrest replay of our 1979 Islamic revolution
Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami said protests in Egypt, Tunisia show the era of 'Western-backed dictators' in the Arab world is over.
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I'm sorry, break it down for me please. What does the Pope's comments have to with Egypt?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Iran's mullahs better watch out.

If this spreads, they will be dragged down as well.

This is like the fall of communism in Eastern Europe, a revolutionary wave that will transform the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Yes, I agree, not here not yet.
If this escalates, and the other fires light such as Israel, and Palestine, with Iran in the mix, who knows the price of oil could be outrageous. I paid near 5 dollars a gallon summer before last.

Then again, this could all blow over, and we have years and years of peace to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yep yep yep......... this is all the Iranian protesters need, ride the wave and rid the land of corrupt and oppressive leaders.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

Iran's mullahs better watch out.

If this spreads, they will be dragged down as well.

This is like the fall of communism in Eastern Europe, a revolutionary wave that will transform the Middle East.

It depends on what is falling,

a new Middle East based on Islamic principles is now taking shape.

In his sermon today, Tehran interim Friday prayer leader Ayatollah Seyyed Ahmad Khatami said that in contrast to the U.S.'s dream of a new Middle East under its domination, a new Middle East based on Islamic principles is now taking shape.
www.memri.org...
Stating that the popular uprisings in the Arab world herald the creation of "an Islamic Middle East" based on the religion and religious democracy – in contrast to claims by former U.S. secretary of state Condoleezza Rice that a new Middle East would be developed under the leadership of the U.S. and Israel – he underlined that this ongoing unrest is the aftershock of the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran.

He added that the recent uprisings in the Arab world have Islamic support, as people poured into the streets with the slogan of "Allahu Akhbar (Allah is the Greatest)."

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hahahahaha that curfew doesn't seem to working out too well huh.

It seems to me that the government has stopped trying to calm/suppress/disperse anything. Have they all gone home?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well, there's a possibility that Mubarak's stance recently regarding Iran may be behind this to a degree. (That would probably not be from the perspective of most of the Egyptian people though, but more likely certain governments.)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Of course he's going to say that....however I want some of what he's smoking. The Egyptians do not want a more religious government they was a secular non corrupt save country with a better economy.

I think someone smells the winds of change and doesn't what their own protesters awakened again. I wonder if Iran is covering the event?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well...its complicated....but

If Obama does not veto the UN Resolution now,

www.foxnews.com...#

Other powers are ready to step up and back Palestine. This leaves Israel in a postion of retreat or defend.

Israel is not going to retreat. So...that could lead to war.

However, the issue has been brewing over the holy sites, and even Jerusalem.

The Vatican has postured as a peace maker.
pakobserver.net...

Its possbile we could see then for a peace accord brought about by The Vatican.

Hope this makes sense...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is a pivotal moment in history, It all depends on the next few hours. If the Egyptions are appeased this might all blow over. If they push for a democracy then we are in the start of something that could Indeed transform the world.
I can almost feel it happening and that's really not like me.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh boy....Jordan too?

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10441871#pid10441871
edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Well...its complicated....but

If Obama does not veto the UN Resolution now,

www.foxnews.com...#

Other powers are ready to step up and back Palestine. This leaves Israel in a postion of retreat or defend.

Israel is not going to retreat. So...that could lead to war.

However, the issue has been brewing over the holy sites, and even Jerusalem.

The Vatican has postured as a peace maker.
pakobserver.net...

Its possbile we could see then for a peace accord brought about by The Vatican.

Hope this makes sense...

I see, well if I'm understanding you correctly it seems to our congress is trying to take advantage of the situation. Condemning new settlements is an old problem that they are trying to blatantly disguise under the recent problems. I'm 100% certain that even if Egypt was a happy peaceful place right now, they would still be pushing Obama to veto it.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes, of course they would.

To avoid another hunded years of religious wars.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
For anyone who hasn't caught the live feed Al Jazeera link its here
Al Jazeera Live Feed

Interesting info coming out. One Egyptian journalist in New York right now just said theres rallies going on at the Egyptian embassy and in Little Egypt in Queens. I guess in some form or another its already spread to the west. Very interesting

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by easy530

idk about that, from what I have seen they are protesting the embassies as a show of solidarity, they aren't protesting our government.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yeah I agree with you there, but just noting that the sentiments are so strong that its not isolated in Egypt's borders. The journalist made it clear that the rallies were against Mubarak. It wouldn't make sense to be against our government...not yet at least.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Obama's coming out in five minutes with a response.

According to cnn, an unnamed senior u.s. adviser called the speech highly disappointing and that it was apparent that Mubarak thinks he can ride this out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join