It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian government on last legs, says ElBaradei (Al Jazeera English: Live Stream)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Egyptian government on last legs, says ElBaradei

www.guardian.co.uk

Nobel peace prize winner and dissident returns to Cairo from Vienna, as thousands demonstrate against the regime of Hosni Mubarak
The Egyptian dissident Mohamed ElBaradei warned President Hosni Mubarak today that his regime is on its last legs, as tens of thousands of people prepared to take to the streets for a fourth day of anti-government protests.

The Nobel peace prize winner's comments to the Guardian represented his strongest intervention against the country's authoritarian govern...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 28-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Not even the Iranian regime, at the height of the challenge on the streets to its legitimacy, took such a step. It slowed down the Net to hinder communications and to try to monitor activists, but it never carried out a shutdown.

Al Jazeera English: Live Stream

You can watch Al Jazeera English live coverage here

Link

Wow, tanks in the streets, very messed up there.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Well, I hope that the people are successful.

I wonder though, now that things have calmed down for the night IF there will be night raids? Seems their strength was their numbers, and I hope the police don't take the opportunity to remove some of the threat.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Yes, I hope this too. But you know, we can expect everything when dictatorial governments are the "game in town"

But one thing is clear to me, The world is waking up.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ElBaradei 4 Prez
seem like a good guy

I like him

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

He very well could be the next leader of Egypt.

We will find out soon who is now in charge.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It should be apparent to everyone why Obama wanted a kill-switch - not to protect us from internet invasion but to protect himself and his successors from civic rebellion. I imagine that it extended to mobile coverage as well. At some point protesters are going to be in the middle of D.C. without any internet or mobile coverage to organize and communicate.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I never bite this kill switch security think. To me is obvious they are trying to control the net.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
ElBaradei 4 Prez
seem like a good guy

I like him

edit on 1/28/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

I Like him too. Seems that the Nobel Price works sometimes.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yeah, but seems is the operative word there. If the people want him then good, I'm sure they know about him than I do and he seems to be the best of the current options I've heard floated around.

However, if that's the case looking at his resume I don't know how that speaks to the people "waking up". While he may not the total US puppet, he does seem to be quite the globalist (or runs in those circles) which doesn't really suggest that they are realizing the global interests at play.

Their problems are very localized, they are angry over the economy and corruption and are looking for a solution to those problems.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Agreed. But look how killing communications in Egypt has resulted. It didn't stop anything, and it actually probably benefited the people. If they had been able to use the internet and text the "organizers" would have been found out or the next target. So just as the people were more or less in the dark and planned on route, the government was totally out of the loop as well and had to spread out to protect their interests, which are now burning.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

President Mubarak insists that egiptians have freedons like every country in the world has

Live stream

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
unnamed senior us adviser, according to cnn, calls the speech highly disappointing and it is clear that Mubarak THINKS he can ride this out.

Obama will be out in five minutes to discuss the situation.

edit on 28-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I think we will force him out by cutting aid.

Obama will probably threaten or imply this in his speech.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I agree, it sounds to me that US has finally taken a position.

This guy really is something, lol, the whole government is bad except of course for me.
How delusional can you get? He claims he's been watching the situation, so has he not heard the "Out with Mubarak" and the "Gamal tell your father we hate him" or the popular " We hate Mubarak". I guess I can see how he's confused

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

I think we will force him out by cutting aid.

Obama will probably threaten or imply this in his speech.

Anyone knows what Obama said?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Not what anyone hoped
. Just that Mubarak needs to make good on his promises, he didn't say a word about in favor or against him dismissing the government and appointing a new one, and he told him to turn on cell phones, internet, facebook, twitter. So far nada, I keep checking Egyptian websites.

On Cnn an anonymous source within the white house said Mubarak's speech was a disappointment and Mubarak THINKS he can ride this out. The WH doesn't seem to think so, but that didn't come directly from Obama, which is disappointing. He seemed to play both sides, like he wants to appear to not know who will be successful and wants to leave his options open no matter what happens.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Thanks, This really is a marked card game. SFY
edit on 29-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join