It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help working on a Mac Book pro

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I have a mac and put some version of Leopard on a disk. There was a certain way it had to be done and right now I can't remember why. It seems I read a tech forum of people discussing not being able to make a Leopard disc and someone came along with the answer and these instructions were not hard to follow because it worked.
I never installed Leopard though. This one works and has never had a reinstallation since I bought it in 06. It's probably got all kinds of # on it but for what I use it for... I don't care as long as it works and I don't have to do virus scans, installs, updates and all that other crap as well. What can I say? It bugs me. I don't want to have to do it and I haven't in five years. Occasionally I hit a page that gives me a pop up. This computer has never had antivirus and has never generated a security message and that's the way I like it. I don't care if it's happening- I don't want to hear about it because it's going to happen anyway despite me using anti virus on PC or Linux or being careful. It's just a part of life I don't want to hear about.

I want to install Linux on something though just because it's free and that's cool.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Sorry Silverado, I got kinda busy and wasn't able to get back to ATS for awhile. I'll look into your problem a bit tomorrow if I get time, see what I can dig up. Just gotta love how "easy" they make macs >.>

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverado292
My roommate has a 2007 Mac Book pro, and I'm trying to install Leopard 10.5 on his machine so I can install Snow leopard 10.6. I have a 2009 Sony Vaio AW290, I have 10.5 and 10.6 burned on my computer I copied them both to 8.5G DL DVDR's. His computer will not detect 10.5 it will detect 10.6 but I can't do anything with it. I'm not a huge fan of current technology and have tried to stay away from gaining too much knowledge on the subject but I guess I'll have to change that for now. Can anyone here help me out?

i was reading over some basic directions people were giving out on the net to see if they sound familiar and they do... and it brought up a question- Are you sure your drive is dual layer?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I posted the link to his specs on the first page, it is a dual layer drive.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

I posted the link to his specs on the first page, it is a dual layer drive.

what post time because perhaps I have gone blind but I only see specs for a mac, not for the other.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just sell the Macbook and buy a pc laptop problems will be solved lol.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by warbird03

Thanks for the help, things have been hectic so I had side lined this. I just called Sony today and found out I don't have a DL hardrive, when I built this the HD was the thing I skimped on a bit. Thanks for trying

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I was sure until a few weeks ago lol! I just found out from Sony I don't have a DL HD but atleast now I know and can free up 12 plus gigs. Thanks for the assistance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join