It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport security officials brand three inch toy gun "firearm"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are so many forums this could go into I don't even know where to begin. Please move iF necessary.

Ok this is just way out of control now. Check this out, this little three inch gun pictured below, was considered a "Firearm."

A snip of the madness:

IT may be three inches long and made of plastic – but that didn’t stop a toy soldier’s gun being branded a “firearm” by zealous airport officials. Ken Lloyd and his wife bought the “signaller crouching” figurine during a recent visit to the Royal Signals Museum at Blandford Garrison. But when the box containing the figure passed through the scanning machine at Gatwick airport, security officials declared the tiny plastic rifle a “firearm”. Husband, Ken Lloyd, said his wife had demanded “a reality check”.

FULL LINK TO STORY

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Weird. Probably a one off, and probably some strange combination of ego and adrenaline took over. Annoying? Sure. Earth-shattering implications? Nope.

The things we waste time talking about. (I don't mean here! Or the OP!)

edit on 1/28/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh my god you have to be kidding me. That small little toy gun was a threat? Come on.

link   
Listen, this type of firearm could do some major damage in the right setting. I guarantee you that if he had this type of weapon, Ken would have gone after Barbie for cheating on him with that Aussie, Seth.

link   
This should explain why:

You'd be suprised how small they come.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

True, but you'd think it would be pretty simple to tell when it's not "real." Don't they also come in phones? And in plastic, which makes metal detectors useless?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

This is why tyranny is so possible and the rule throughout the history of human governance- not the exception.

Bureaucracies are not people!!! They are dull imperfect tools that when permitted, or insufficiently contained, become carriers of injustice and oppression.

When will people start waking up and demand change in Washington?

Just when I think it can't get anymore ridiculous, it does...

edit on 28-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow, that is just crazy. Last spring I went through an airport. Was heading home from Corpus Christi. They have an old aircraft carrier out there that you can go on and explore. Very cool. I bought a toy gun from the gift shop.

It was a replica of some kind of Navy assault gun. I think. I can't remember. Here, it looks like this, only solid black.

It was a replica of this gun. Or one similar to it. www.issrevanche.ussghostridersim.com...

So I go up to the airport and go through security. I told them that I had a toy gun in my bag ahead of time, just in case it would be a problem. They said it was just fine.

Like I said, the one I bought was solid black and looks just like the real thing.. So I am left wondering... If that little toy gun was a problem, why was my very realistic replica of a military weapon, not a problem?

Sounds to me like the airport security was working with a large ego, and an undeserved sense of authority.

I mean think about it...I took that replica gun into the airport, fully expecting that it would be confiscated...But was quickly told it was just fine... But that, little toy gun... That is a problem? Just... No logic there....

Are there no set standards and guidelines for them to follow or what? What else can I say? This is just... Stupid. Some how, this makes me question the abilities of our airport security.
edit on 4-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Oh my god you have to be kidding me. That small little toy gun was a threat? Come on.

I know right? That toy gun is a threat but the replica military assault gun I took through airport security was not? go figure.... Makes no sense, what so ever.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Some TSA idiot probably gets promoted for that find. I have no interest in Travel with all this
junk going on.The security is useless because all that the FBI has to say is put this guy without a passport on the plane.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Hmmm. Where do you buy Ammo for it ? Liliputian Guns R Us ?

new topics

top topics

join