It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of The Keros (Queros).

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The Keros, inhabitants of Cusco master the use of three types of kipus, until 1955 virtually unknown. People few in number, but strong people, dwells among the peaks, such as condors, 92 miles from Paucartambo.

To reach them you have to cross steep goat paths themselves, overcome the Yunca Wilka glacier, the Queri Pascana and the Waman Capa.

The first to arrive there was a scientific expedition sponsored a local newspaper (La Prensa), in 1955.

The Legend.

Back to a time when the sun did not exist and men who lived alone with his deep shooting, turned the hills into fertile plains, is called the "Naupa machu".

One day the creator spirit, Roal, wanted to give his power to the Ñaupas, but the Ñaupas despised him, outraged, Roal created the sun, to blind the Ñaupas and forcing them to take refuge in their homes.

The heat was so intense that the Ñaupas dehydrated to death, some survived, still living in caves and only come out when the sun sets.

Legend has it that the land was impoverished, to populate, the apus (Inkan gods), created Collari and Inkari, a wise man and a woman. A Inkari had a golden bar that will sink into the position at the foundation of the empire, the first attempt failed, in the second it sunk between a set of black mountains and a river, there was founded Quero village.

www.peruchay.com...

www.youtube.com...
dsc.discovery.com...

edit on 28-1-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

Mod edit: video tag corrected.
edit on 29/1/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have an interest in following the migrations of the peoples, have only now started to study it in depth.

I have never heard of these people!

Very interesting, thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33
I have an interest in following the migrations of the peoples, have only now started to study it in depth.

I have never heard of these people!

Very interesting, thanks.

Thank you. In that case, you may like this too :

www.inkawisdom.org...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

The name they give the creator spirit, the "light" giver despised by them, Roal, is not on that list.

Do you have anymore on that?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Not really, it's hard to find information about the Keros, since they have been recently discovered. One thing I can add about them and you surely will find interesting is that these people are considered the guardians of the secret of Paititi, the lost city of the Incas. The information I found about that is in spanish. I'll try to add more info.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The Keros also are considered connected with the "Paco Pacuris", descendants of an acient civilization before the Incas.

"They were the " Paco Pacuris "or" First Guardian "that mentioned the Andean belief, old masters who founded the current Manu National Park intraterrestrial city, before the Inca Empire. Those guards guarding the annals of ancient cultures disappeared and the sacred Sun Disc, which once stood in the Inca temple of Koricancha, but was saved from the greed of the conquerors.

Qoañachoai Paititi or (as he called the men of the kingdom Q'ero) is in full swing. His Teachers vigilant.

Only a pure heart can enter their sanctuaries intraterrestrial and unravel the mystery. "

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

As you can see, to understand the andean cultures, we need a 100% open mind. Not for skeptics.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What a wealth of information you've shared here! I hope there is more because I only speak English and some German.

All people have a place in this world. I know many don't accept that, but that is the truth. Open minded is the only way to be, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

I translated using Google (not perfect), a part of a text that belongs to the link at the end of this post.

Spanish to English translation (Google)

Spanish chronicles relate that Paititi was built and occupied after the fall of the Inca Empire. The chronicler Maúrtua (Chronicle, 1677) relates that once dominated the Cuzco, one resident was asked:

Where is the Inca? "I have asked a Spanish.

The Inca, crown and many other things - would have said - are in the union of the river and the river Paititi Pamara (missing time) three days of the Manu River.
There is an old map made in the seventeenth century in the church museum in Cuzco, which was translated from Quechua by Jesuit missionaries. On the bottom of the map are drawn rivers and mountains.

Around the map reads: "Heart of the heart, the Paititi india land, whose people are called Indians, all the kingdoms bordering it, but it is not limited to none."
In the center and above: "These are the realms of Paititi, which has the power to do and want, where the bourgeois only find food and the poet may be able to open the locked door of old, the most pure love."

In the bottom right: "Here you see the color of invisible birds singing."
These cryptic phrases are part of the legend, to date more than ten expeditions have failed to achieve this mythical kingdom. The planes and helicopters approaching the area suffer damage or strange mood swings. Satellite photographs found the place with thick clouds. The area has a particular anomaly.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is a good link in english :

www.granpaititi.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Google translate, I've never taken it upon myself to utilize that...nobody's perfect.

Thanks for the nudge. I want to read that entire article and find some more on Roal.

Great information.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

Google translate, I've never taken it upon myself to utilize that...nobody's perfect.

Thanks for the nudge. I want to read that entire article and find some more on Roal.

Great information.

It's hard to find more info about it, since queros transfer all their knowledge verbally, like most of the cultures in that area. They don't feel the need to spread what they know.

In one little expedition, around 1997, I was in the andean area between Tacna and Puno. We took a break while analizing some acient stone carvings we found. Behind me appeared an andean man, smiling and watching us in silence. I came closer to him and offered him to share some fruits I had.

He asked me : Are you looking for the sunken ship?

Of course, we asked him what was him talking about, since we were between the mountains, no chance to see a boat or ship.

He told us, about a day walking from where we were, on the mountains, was a sunken ship, made of metal, and it was there for many years. They don't wonder what it could be or how this "ship" got there.

I know he could be describing an UFO crash, who knows. I never had a chance to come back but I will remember this guy all my life.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

Here is some more info, this time I used yahoo babel fish to translated

I hope it works better

THE NEW MYSTERIES OF MACHU PICCHU They were violent times and of intense pain for all inhabitants. The old temples were profane on both sides of the empire. The brilliant swords, the uncontrollable load of the horses and the deafening noise of the guns you affected until the deep entrails of the sacred valley of Urubamba. The deads counted by thousands while the gold offerings and silver were fused in the always smoky furnaces of the invader. Nevertheless, the Incas did not lose the faith. Quite the opposite, at the worse moment of their millenarian civilization decided to renew their pact with the “God of the Sun” and they swore not only obedience to him but also to maintain a “eternal silence” on the location of which they believed his last mulberry one on the Earth: the wonderful city of Machu Picchu. From that moment, the soul of the town Inca, his beliefs and their wisdom happened to depend on a secret shared by infinity on men, women and children. A secret that had to resist not only the passage of time but also the torture, the jail and the greed. BETWEEN THE CROSS AND THE SWORD They were 400 years of absolute silence. From mid century XVI until its “discovery” on the part of the North American Hiram Bingham, the 24 of June of 1911, the most mysterious city of the Incas disappeared completely of history. According to they maintain the inhabitants of the zone, “our God never stopped protecting it”. But be that as it may, “Machupicchu”, or Machu Picchu, its more famous name, was able to escape to its destiny of destruction and sacking, assuring for the posterity the memory of the talent of the men constructed who it around year 1300 of ours was. The citadel is to about 2400 meters on the level of the sea and receives to from thousand tourists worldwide who try to include/understand, “of first hand”, the mysteries that lock up their narrow side streets. Nevertheless, just today, the scientists and investigators, after enormous efforts, begin to discover new and disquieting truths on this singular place. Recent excavations have been able to give with the rest of corpses of 135 people in which the “old cemetery” is considered. From their study, the archaeologists could state that he dealed with the skeletons of 109 women and 22 men, between whom is due to tell 5 children. This out of proportion number of feminine rest and the anthropological verification of the beauty of its factions quickly woke up the curiosity of the investigators. According to they create many of them, a part of the women who inhabited the city were denominated “the Acllas”, or “selected”, dedicated to the tasks of the cult. Another group, which also would include the children, was formed by the young people who in charge of the domestic services and that, as she is deduced, did not have obligatorily to be virgin as their mistresses. The few men, in as much, would be their guards These beautiful women were there before the Spanish conquest or, on the contrary, they took refuge there of the profanadores of temples? Nobody knows still it with certainty. But the questions appear to each step and whenever it is deepened in your subject, they appear more enigmas. Machu Picchu was, apparently, a “Akllawasi” - “house of the chosen ones” - in which were realised all the complex ceremonies of the cult to the Sun. According to I leave to writing the friar Gaspar de Carbajal, participant of the expedition that discovered - and baptized the Amazon river, “spoke us to the Indians of a province of women, mountain inside, who live in stone buildings and dress in fine wools to usanza cusqueñas…” The dates and the description agree perfectly with the new discoveries Was the beautiful inhabitants of the citadel the “Amazon”? They will be “acllas” the ones that gave rise for all time to the most fabulous American legend? Several historians create sincerely that yes. WHERE IT IS THE GOLD? But in this point the mysteries do not pause. No matter how hard one has looked for and looking for, in any building of the city neither either in the deep excavations that have become throughout last the 90 years, one has not occurred with any arms nor either, something strange, with gold adornments of any type. According to Luis Valcarcel asserts the Peruvian historian, “is evident that this must that lately as city of the empire inhabited the neither military nor high dignitaries”. A good interpretation of the findings, without a doubt, but that is contradicted with others, less reasonable, than does not maintain that its treasures, between which was an enormous pure gold sun, which it is known vulgarly with the name of “brilliance”, in were hidden in some camera or tunnel of many that they have begun to be discovered recently. So far the excavators, many of them nothing scientists and only guided by the greed, “have only rescued” one 600 containers for diverse aims, 200 pieces of bronze and very few of silver And the gold? Not one gram… Recently, and practically in “silence”, without alerting to the tourists, and with the aid of recognized local and foreign investigators, a group of espeleólogos - studious of the caverns some caves are shortage to whose it has taken them topography through intrincate passages that properly have still not been explored, near the citadel Inca. In addition, according to they speculate, several of them could “reach the same foundations of Machu Picchu”. AN UNDERGROUND WORLD One of these entrances to this strange world of eternal shades, apparently, has been located in the mountain of “Hayna Picchu”, covered by a leafy vegetation and partially flooded, which will demand the work of an equipment of subaqueous espeleólogos arranged to cross this singular gallery. In the mind of many of these investigators still old missing exploratory histories in “the intraterrestrial” world of the Incas resonate, in this case of the city of Cusco of year 1624. A very peculiar one is the one of Francisco de Rueda, Juan Hinojosa and a third personage met with the name of “Orué”, who entered in the mysterious “chinkana”, near “Sacsayhuamán”, and it was never known more of them. And either the references of a local cronista, Mateo Garci'a Pumakawa, who in 1814 revealed to Colonel Domingo Luis to him Astete, the existence of “one old network of tunnels” that involved all that zone. What many thought they were “stories of Indians” has finished verifying itself scientifically. Recently the Spanish archaeologist Anselmo Pi Boulevard demonstrated that the legendary tunnels exist. According to the images that were obtained by means of the waves of the radar, during the accomplishment of Wiracocha Project, in the year 2000, he verified himself that the “Chinkana de Sacsayhuamán” communicates in line “straight” with the Temple of the Sun, with the Convent of Santa Catherine, with the Cathedral, or Temple of the Inca, with the Palace of Huáscar, the Temple of Able Manco and the “Huamanmarca”. He is not less certain that when the first conquerors arrived at Peru on whom he had constructed “to Sacsayhuamán” and its adjacent tunnels and the villagers, according to maintains the stories, they limited themselves to respond that these masses of stone and the underground passages “always had been there” and that they attributed the old ones them to a not known race previous to the Incas baptized like the “[b“Ñaupa Machu”, , which is translated like “the very old ones”, or those of the “old age”. There will be constructions of this type in the entrails of Machu Picchu? The espeleólogos, scientists and divers will be able to give with them? It knows it to nobody with certainty. But of the unique thing that we can be safe it is that the new history begins here that without a doubt, like no other previous investigation, will have to try to discover the secret major of the Incas.

Source : www.agenciatdf.com...
edit on 29-1-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Now, ya went an made me feel better. I remember why I was never drawn to those translating systems.

That hurts my brain.

I read the first part, and it sounds very interesting. I have saved it, and I will break it down into paragraphs. That will help me read it easier.

I have heard of Machu Picchu, but I saw some things I didn’t know in the small bit I read.

Thanks again. I find this fascinating.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

My pleasure brother. It's certainly a lot to read and analize. good journey.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I'm a sista, all the same.

I do appreciate what you've shared. It has given me a new direction of study.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Trueman

I'm a sista, all the same.

I do appreciate what you've shared. It has given me a new direction of study.

Oh, please excuse me. Fell free to U2U me anytime if have questions and this thread get closed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

I will surely add you to my list of positives that I still have to construct in my profile. I offer the same to you. Thank you for the invitation.

You are a gentleman with a big heart.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Soke33

We are friends now.

new topics

top topics

join