It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick of Support Our Troops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

I think we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
I don't believe in too big to fail and am willing to make the SACRIFICE as long as they get stopped.
We might have a few bumps along the way but we would be better off from not having those corporations controlling the planet.
edit on 28-1-2011 by DrumsRfun because: abducted by aliens

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think in ww2 they fought for nothing and won nothing as the world is just as bad today.

Really? I wonder if someone that was in a concentration camp that was liberated thinks the same way?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
From one of the troops you've just slandered.
You're welcome.
We fight so that you can have the freedom to continue to say insulting things to and about us.

edit on 28-1-2011 by beezzer because: typo, from a brain-washed robot

This is simply not true, there was never any fear of Saddam taking over the world. The man did nothing worse to his people, what George Bush did to his country is worse than anything he has ever done and that is FACT.

There was never any fear that I could not have "slandered" the U.S. military if we had not invaded Iraq. Be honest with yourself!

You might have an argument if you said you were fighting for Iraqis to say such things about their government, but I think we'd agree that with the amount of civilian deaths over there, it's hard to say they liked that trade-off.

I was never EVER scared I would be unable to rant about the U.S. military in 2000, and I’m not any less confident in my ability to do so now in 2011.

Your argument is bogus.

Originally posted by DisbeIief
Let me see, support brave servicemen and women or listen to an internet coward.

Hold your head in shame you poor excuse of a human being.

(and yes I am a veteran)
edit on 28-1-2011 by DisbeIief because: .

Yet another example of a serviceman who doesn’t realize the real enemy is the very people they are working for, and the people they are fighting and killing are not the enemy. IF, and a big IF Afghanistan housed Taliban, and IF and a BIGGER IF they did 9/11, why did we invade Iraq? That’s right: $$$$$$$$

Hold your head in shame, and think for yourself, you kill people to promote Israeli interest, Oil interests, and further American Imperialism. Your kind are part of the reason why we have run a deficit that is now looming over each Americans head to the tune of $30k!!!

Nothing, may I strongly repeated, nothing good has come from what the military has done in the last 50 years, except death.

Originally posted by muza1875
reply to post by wildshoetwt

Doesn't matter if the wars they fight are legal or not,the fact is our troops fight tooth and nail for our country,they sweat and bleed for us without bitching or moaning.Whilst your whining about the world on your computer in your nice cozy home there are guys/gals who have gone days without sleep,sweating their asses off trying to stay alive in the blistering heat,and praying to see their loved ones again one day.
Most soldiers would prob agree that both the Iraq/Afghanistan wars are both bull**** but at the end of the day they cant go marching around the streets protesting or refuse to work as they are locked up! they just get on with it because they have to.
A soldiers job is prob one of the hardest,if not the hardest job to do,and thats why so many people show so much respect towards them,perhaps you should show a little.

How does it not matter if the wars they fight are legal or not? Get off your emotional rollercoaster and think about what you’ve just said. Iraq never did anything to the world, at least no worse than the U.S. has done to their own people. What gives us a right to go in there and whip out targeted carpet bombs and then send the infantry in to patrol the streets. INSANITY…that anyone would think this is justified, complete brainwashing….

You forget that most of these guys join because they have nothing else to do or produce in the world, so they take up hired killing for the U.S. gov’t. They are compensated quite well for this “hard work” more so than they would be if they were homeless or on welfare (Ahem a very large % of homeless are veterans, do you ever wonder why?)

There are 1000 ways to not fight in the army if you don’t want to. Most of these guys consider it their duty, the few that disagree with the war still have some merits they’ve fabricated to justify them putting their life on the line.

Which is really what this boils down to: people who put their life on the line HAVE to believe what they are doing is for a good reason, and thus instant BRAINWASHING.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Regardless of this entire thread it comes down to you judging the entire military based on your point of view. By your logic everyone may as well hate everyone. What about native americans? If it weren't for them getting completely screwed over we wouldn't be in America but do you hate early settlers?. Without soldiers there would still be slaves in america. A war is a war! It's dirty, violent and in most cases pointless. Things could be solved through different means but that's mankind for you. I completely disagree with being in the middle east but do I blame the military? Do I blame George Bush? No, I wont blame one individual group or person for an entire war let alone the men and women who fight and die so we don't have to. There were hasty decisions made to begin the war in the middle east and maybe the US shouldn't have gone there but what's done is done. Give it a rest

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildshoetwt
This is simply not true, there was never any fear of Saddam taking over the world. The man did nothing worse to his people, what George Bush did to his country is worse than anything he has ever done and that is FACT.

Well, you're right. I doubt that Saddam would have taken over the world, but you're way off on that BS comment about him not doing anything worse to his people that Bush did to his.

Saddam would feed people to woodchippers and throw them off buildings. His two sons raped women that had taken off the streets and tortured their national soccer team players when they lost a game. I seriously doubt that Bush tortured anyone that lost the SuperBowl.

Get your facts straight.

There was never any fear that I could not have "slandered" the U.S. military if we had not invaded Iraq. Be honest with yourself!

I bet you still would have found a reason to complain.

I was never EVER scared I would be unable to rant about the U.S. military in 2000, and I’m not any less confident in my ability to do so now in 2011.

Mighty brave man you are.

Hold your head in shame, and think for yourself, you kill people to promote Israeli interest, Oil interests, and further American Imperialism. Your kind are part of the reason why we have run a deficit that is now looming over each Americans head to the tune of $30k!!!

Hold my head in shame? Sorry, Gus, ain't gonna happen.
And I don't think that the defense budget is the Number One cause for the deficit (Tho it is pretty high on the list).

Nothing, may I strongly repeated, nothing good has come from what the military has done in the last 50 years, except death.

Really? Nothing? Nothing has come from the military that's good, like advances in technology, medicine, transportation, etc. Opps, maybe time to hit the books and do some research.

How does it not matter if the wars they fight are legal or not? Get off your emotional rollercoaster and think about what you’ve just said. Iraq never did anything to the world, at least no worse than the U.S. has done to their own people. What gives us a right to go in there and whip out targeted carpet bombs and then send the infantry in to patrol the streets. INSANITY…that anyone would think this is justified, complete brainwashing….

"Emotional rollercoaster"? Right. Look who's talking. There has not been any carpet bombing done in Iraq. And "Targetted Carpet Bombing" doesn't make any sense. Research: It pays off!

You forget that most of these guys join because they have nothing else to do or produce in the world, so they take up hired killing for the U.S. gov’t. They are compensated quite well for this “hard work” more so than they would be if they were homeless or on welfare (Ahem a very large % of homeless are veterans, do you ever wonder why?)

Dude, you have absolutely no clue about what you're talking about. Please, before you make a bigger ass out of yourself than you already have, just step away from the keyboard and quit now. You don't understand why the majority of the people enlist. And you never will, and explaining it to you won't help.

And I love your little comment about "compensated quite well for this 'hard work'". Sorry to break this to you, Gus, but my hardest day in the military would probably break you down into tears. You don't know what you're talking about.

Which is really what this boils down to: people who put their life on the line HAVE to believe what they are doing is for a good reason, and thus instant BRAINWASHING.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The thing thats funny about this is here is a guy/gal saying not to support our troops and I dont know what country he/she is from so the argument is mute. If you dont have the gonads to state which side of the fence your on then STHU.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What this boils down to is soldiers who have to put their life on the line to do their job. To put your life on the line for anything, you generally need to believe very strongly in it, and thus they have you brainwashed from the get-go.

I'm sorry that you believe that you are somehow HELPING the world.

Let's turn this around and see how you would feel if it was done to America.

1) Blamed for a "terrorist" (no evidence that it was even terrorists) attack on Canada

2) Shock and Awe bombed during the night to hit targeted important political leaders. (Though, we know from history that they claimed they were doing this in the Gulf War, and were actually just taking out Electircal Plants, Roads, Bridges, etc , Water Sanitation facilities, Baby Food factories, Sewage Plants, Food factories, Medicine factories, anything the people needed to sustain themselves. THAT IS HISTORICAL AND FACT).

3) Sent troops in, fought the people defending our soil on the streets with far superior weaponry, organization and tactics.

4) Murdered civilians on a daily basis, rolled tanks through the streets, etc.

5) Set up interrogation camps, and basically tore the Geneve Code in half, torturing, degrading, and raping prisoners.

6) Destablized the country economically, and politically, and used propaganda to turn a country against it's leader. (This is fact, Saddam's approval rating was not that bad until the U.S. entered and started distributing U.S. produced nespapers)

7) Captured our leader, and hung him on National TV............!!!???

8) Instituted a bank that is in direct contradiction to our laws (i.e. we gave them a Rothschild controlled central bank with interest, in direct contradiction to Shariah law), enslaving them to debt that they had never previously known

9) Raped their country of natural resources, oil, etc.

10) Evacuated due to mounting political pressure that the war is unjust.

Please tell me how you would feel, and keep in mind the Iraq War is actually one of the more justifiable wars of the last 50 years. The rest were even worse than this.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

They volunteer and that stops the government from having to bring back the draft. So, at the very least you should say, "thank you for taking the risk so that I don't have to." I may disagree with the wars our government wages. However, I support those that volunteer to stand in the gap so that other American's can make the choice not to.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
We as soldiers all fight for our own reasons. You believe what you want to believe...false war, false flag, whatever you may I respect that. We believe in what we believe, and if you talked to alot of us, you would realize we hate the government just as much as you. Just because we fight a war doesn't mean it is for the government. Just remember all your trash talking when you sleep tonight in a nice warm bed, in a house without without bullets flying over your head. And of course you cannot forget about the mcdonalds you had for dinner.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What this boils down to is soldiers who have to put their life on the line to do their job. To put your life on the line for anything, you generally need to believe very strongly in it, and thus they have you brainwashed from the get-go.

I'm sorry that you believe that you are somehow HELPING the world.

Let's turn this around and see how you would feel if it was done to America.

1) Blamed for a "terrorist" (no evidence that it was even terrorists) attack on Canada

2) Shock and Awe bombed during the night to hit targeted important political leaders. (Though, we know from history that they claimed they were doing this in the Gulf War, and were actually just taking out Electircal Plants, Roads, Bridges, etc , Water Sanitation facilities, Baby Food factories, Sewage Plants, Food factories, Medicine factories, anything the people needed to sustain themselves. THAT IS HISTORICAL AND FACT).

3) Sent troops in, fought the people defending our soil on the streets with far superior weaponry, organization and tactics.

5) Set up interrogation camps, and basically tore the Geneve Code in half, torturing, degrading, and raping prisoners.

6) Destablized the country economically, and politically, and used propaganda to turn a country against it's leader. (This is fact, Saddam's approval rating was not that bad until the U.S. entered and started distributing U.S. produced nespapers)

8) Instituted a bank that is in direct contradiction to our laws (i.e. we gave them a Rothschild controlled central bank with interest, in direct contradiction to Shariah law), enslaving them to debt that they had never previously known

Please tell me how you would feel, and keep in mind the Iraq War is actually one of the more justifiable wars of the last 50 years. The rest were even worse than this.

Your point has been made against the war in the middle east. Most people agree that we shouldn't be over there. That being said, STOP targeting the entirety of soldiers, STOP assuming the reasons for people joining the military and STOP completely disregarding other peoples opinions. This is an argument that cannot be won. When it comes to an issue like this you can voice a civil, well thought OPINION but do not expect to sway people who support the military (family and friends of people who care about them or soldiers themselves). There is nothing wrong with being in the military. It provides a chance for people to do something with their lives (go to school that otherwise couldn't be afforded, get in good shape, learn discipline etc.) If you are so passionate about the subject matter then you should find a way to do something if its such a problem.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Your post is pretty craptacular. I'll just hit the high points.

You do know that most of those are legit targets? If they are supporting the military, it can be bombed. Sorry, those are the rules. And you forgot about Iraq raping and pillaging Kuwait. That's OK, tho.

And? What's wrong with superior weapons? Never thought that war was suppose to be fair....

You're right. The ROE and General Order Number One is "murder civilians". Lame. You forgot about insurgents killing their own people, but I digress..

Yep, the US Military had some d-bags that didn't have an ounce of sense and overstepped things. They were punished.

Probably because anyone that spoke out against Saddam was tossed into a woodchipper. Do you honestly think he was a fair and just leader of his people??

Sorry, the US didn't hang Saddam. He was hung by Iraqis.

Huh?

If we were there for just the oil, we would have stopped after we overran the oil fields on D+1 or D+2

And after we leave, everyone will be freakin' and geekin' that we didn't stay until the job was done right.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

How dare you say that. It's one thing to hate, talk back, picket the leaders. The ones who actually decide what our troops do. It's a whole other story to show distain, or disrepect the men and woman of the military who fight and die for your right to be a piece of !@$#$@!$# People like you are whats wrong with not just this country but the world. They are just here to take up space, and contribute nothing. I feel sorry for you.

Threads like this make me wish there was a remove flag, or star button. You are obviously just spouting something to be irritating and cause people to write on your thread. I apologize to the men and women of the armed forces for people like this, and for me write on this thread and further giving him what he wants.
edit on 9-2-2011 by Royal76 because: Wasn't done.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

My favorite was the baby food factory .... what a hoot!

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Cant believe douche bags like these are able to post threads like this its complete bollocks,furthermore its really disgusting to see so many stars attached to his op.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
There are no terrorists, friends. Go listen to Aaron Russo recount what he heard from being friendly with the Rockefellers.

1) They said there is going to be an "event" (9/11)
2) After that "event" we are going to go searching through caves in Afghanistan
3) And after that we're going to go into Iraq, and take over the oil and run a pipeline from the Caspian Sea
4) While we are at it, we're going to institute central banks run by the Rothschild family in both Afghanistan and Iraq that operate based on interest (charging interest is against Shariah law, if they ever found out that their new money and taxes now go to pay the interest on their money, they will riot)
5) The removal of Saddam was necessary for these things to take place.

All of this happened, it's all part of the plan. The terrorist are just people who hate America, and want their country back, perhaps they know they are being scammed with a central bank that breaks Shariah law, perhaps they know that all of this is in the interest of Oil and Israel and stripping Americans of their liberties. I repeat, if these people could pull of 9/11, they would have, WITH EASE, already done something similar.

As for how we should treat our troops, I have a uncle who is a 3-star general in the military and he hates me, because I told him that I think he is a disgrace. I am unashamed to loudly admit that until soldiers stop just "doing their job" and start "protesting" we will be locked in a state of world/government control. I'm glad you #s aren't the military in Egypt, those folks at least had the brains to ignore orders to use live ammunition on their own people and instead joined the protests. That's what we need our soldiers doing. This war is a farce. There is no end in sight for it, don't you see? Every single soldier needs to lay their weapons down and take the court martial, and find a job that doesn't involve paid manslaughter.

Perhaps you guys who disagree are the government disinfo agents that are running amuck lately on conspiracy forums. Or perhaps you are military and are brainwashed. We don't need a draft, we don't need a military. Nobody is going to invade us, don't you get it. Pearl Harbor was a false flag, 9/11 was a false flag, (some people say) Oklahoma Bombing was a false flag, wake up. We are safe and sound. Our military is superior. Perhaps not in intellect, but in arms. There is such a thing as a standing army, and that is what we need.

www.liveleak.com...

the irony is that the people who are so gung-ho military, are the ones that would take to the streets with arms to protect their nation if it were invaded, and yet they are fighting the men and women that are doing that in Iraq

the video above shows pure murder, flat-out, EVEN if these guys had an RPG they would have been hiding by a corner to fire it, they were clearly meant no harm to that helicopter, they were just walking around in the open

you sick soldiers can clap and slap each other on the back, but in the end you know we are not at a terrorist risk, and you know that Saddam was no worse than any of a handful of leaders in Africa/Middle East...stop making excuses...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

There are no terrorists, friends. Go listen to Aaron Russo recount what he heard from being friendly with the Rockefellers.

1) They said there is going to be an "event" (9/11)
2) After that "event" we are going to go searching through caves in Afghanistan
3) And after that we're going to go into Iraq, and take over the oil and run a pipeline from the Caspian Sea
4) While we are at it, we're going to institute central banks run by the Rothschild family in both Afghanistan and Iraq that operate based on interest (charging interest is against Shariah law, if they ever found out that their new money and taxes now go to pay the interest on their money, they will riot)
5) The removal of Saddam was necessary for these things to take place.

All of this happened, it's all part of the plan. The terrorist are just people who hate America, and want their country back, perhaps they know they are being scammed with a central bank that breaks Shariah law, perhaps they know that all of this is in the interest of Oil and Israel and stripping Americans of their liberties. I repeat, if these people could pull of 9/11, they would have, WITH EASE, already done something similar.

As for how we should treat our troops, I have a uncle who is a 3-star general in the military and he hates me, because I told him that I think he is a disgrace. I am unashamed to loudly admit that until soldiers stop just "doing their job" and start "protesting" we will be locked in a state of world/government control. I'm glad you #s aren't the military in Egypt, those folks at least had the brains to ignore orders to use live ammunition on their own people and instead joined the protests. That's what we need our soldiers doing. This war is a farce. There is no end in sight for it, don't you see? Every single soldier needs to lay their weapons down and take the court martial, and find a job that doesn't involve paid manslaughter.

Perhaps you guys who disagree are the government disinfo agents that are running amuck lately on conspiracy forums. Or perhaps you are military and are brainwashed. We don't need a draft, we don't need a military. Nobody is going to invade us, don't you get it. Pearl Harbor was a false flag, 9/11 was a false flag, (some people say) Oklahoma Bombing was a false flag, wake up. We are safe and sound. Our military is superior. Perhaps not in intellect, but in arms. There is such a thing as a standing army, and that is what we need.

www.liveleak.com...

the irony is that the people who are so gung-ho military, are the ones that would take to the streets with arms to protect their nation if it were invaded, and yet they are fighting the men and women that are doing that in Iraq

the video above shows pure murder, flat-out, EVEN if these guys had an RPG they would have been hiding by a corner to fire it, they were clearly meant no harm to that helicopter, they were just walking around in the open

you sick soldiers can clap and slap each other on the back, but in the end you know we are not at a terrorist risk, and you know that Saddam was no worse than any of a handful of leaders in Africa/Middle East...stop making excuses...

"There are no terrorists, friends". - I beg to differ and i think your mad.

"The terrorist are just people who hate America, and want their country back" - What country back?
I think you need to remember it was jihads who bombed 9/11 first not the other way around,which then led to the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan.And they hate us because we are non Muslim and wont stop until all the infidels have been wiped from the earth and sharia law has been implemented in all countries!

"Perhaps you guys who disagree are the government disinfo agents that are running amuck lately on conspiracy forums" - yes your definitely mad.

"Pearl Harbor was a false flag, 9/11 was a false flag, (some people say) Oklahoma Bombing was a false flag, wake up" - i suppose the fact that Hitler was trying to conquer the world and trying to wipe the Jewish people of the face of the world was a false flag also?

"I'm glad you #s aren't the military in Egypt",- I'm pretty sure its against Ats rules to swear might be wrong tho.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by muza1875
"There are no terrorists, friends". - I beg to differ and i think your mad.

Its well known america made all these groups and people. Its americas fault that these people wanted to do anything to america, as no one did, but in americas mind. Thats a definition of madness.

Ron paul has spelt it out for you guys so many times, stalking about how america created all these groups.

Amazing someone still exists on this board claiming that these groups would of existed without america making them. People generally want to live there lifes.

Americans cannot understand passive males exist, as they are taught all there lifes about how males are aggressive, which is not true.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy I am going to have to agree with you here. I have a couple of" friends" who are still in Afghanistan. Numerous occasions they have taken american weapons off of the soldiers. One can say well they must have gotten them off of fallen Marines or Airborne. This occurs on an everyday basis and it makes me sick. If our own country isn't going to stand by us in war, that's fine we don't need them. When the government starts pulling this bs, what is it worth.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Now I am not going to say America created all of these groups...but it is well known by any service man in afghanistan that their govt is supplying them with the weapons to fight back.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Ever seen what happens to a helicopter that is struck by an RPG? Obviously not, since if you had, you wouldn't have made that remark.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join