It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Korea, Photos You Haven't Seen

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From my observation of those photos they aren't in bad shape compared to how the west paints the picture. I could think of 100 worse places to grow up at the moment, I mean you could end up living in Troy, Michigan which is blander than NK.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That hotel reminds me of planet of the apes.

Awesome post, thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You really have no idea how the world works, do you? When you wake up and realize the world isn't as dandy as you'd like it to be, then come back to post here.

Kim Jong Il needs to be wiped out or at least removed from power. Anyone who defends that disgrace of a human being or doesn't see the horrors that go on in that country is as blind as a bat. I hope you wake up one day.

Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
From my observation of those photos they aren't in bad shape compared to how the west paints the picture. I could think of 100 worse places to grow up at the moment, I mean you could end up living in Troy, Michigan which is blander than NK.

The pictures don't cover the entire country of North Korea. Try searching for actual photographs that aren't monitored at the time they were taken by governmental officials or agents. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
reply to post by Cuervo

You really have no idea how the world works, do you? When you wake up and realize the world isn't as dandy as you'd like it to be, then come back to post here.

Kim Jong Il needs to be wiped out or at least removed from power. Anyone who defends that disgrace of a human being or doesn't see the horrors that go on in that country is as blind as a bat. I hope you wake up one day.

Good luck.

Um... I obviously have a better grasp on it than you do. Take any one thing I said in the post you responded to and show me evidence of how I "have no idea how the world works". I know it's not "dandy". It's horrid and we help it be that way. Kim Jong Il is no rebel hero and I have no Robin Hood fantasies surrounding his image. I was simply saying that we do NOT feed them. We have been using food as a weapon all throughout the world and on NK as well. You do NOT get to say they rejected our food out-of-hand. You do not (I'm not going to capitalize it again) get to say they are not helping themselves. His coming to power was a direct result of a US/USSR pissing match and there is no denying it.

So, in short, acting tough does not earn you credibility. Facts do. Please don't assume to know my view of the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
It's amazing seeing how these people are forced to live and have no idea how deprived they truly are. I wrote a blog about NK not too long ago and embedded links to a recent documentary filmed there. It's almost like watching an episode of the twilight zone.

13minutes-after-midnight.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by reatarded
reply to post by SeventhSeal

The Famine was caused by Kim

Is that what they teach you in school?

In August 1995, North Korea made an official request for humanitarian aid and the international community responded accordingly.

China and South Korea remain the largest donors of food aid to North Korea. The U.S. objects to this manner of donating food due to lack of supervision.[12] In 2005, China and South Korea combined to provide 1 million tons of food aid, each contributing half.[13]

en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks, man. I did't want to be the one to keep arguing with people over facts in this thread. The US used (and still does use) food as a weapon in the Koreas. This does not make us the "good guys" by any stretch of the imagination.

It's amazing how many preconceived fairy tales can be swept away when a person wills themselves to pick up their keyboard and type in "Google" and click on a scholarly link. People just can't bring themselves to even do that anymore. They just go to "Foxnews" or some other parody site.

Have you ever researched as to WHY U.S. stopped food donations to North Korea? The U.S. decided to stop sending food over there, because more than half of it never made it to the people who need it. They were essentially feeding Kim Jong Il, his son, and his cronies. Whatever was left was either sold on the black market for ridiculous prices, and a fraction of that made it to the starving citizens of North Korea. The U.S. said they would RESUME food aid to North Korea, if they could be assured that the food goes to the people who need it, and not Kim Jong Il and his disciples. Of course if you want to keep feeding his fat ass, please, continue to send food over there. As for the children who search the streets for stray grains of rice, they'll never see any of those aid packages.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing with us these incredible images. It really shows how much we take things for granted, well at least for me.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I can find pictures of Arkansas that are way more depressing than that.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
These pictures look so depressing . Maybe the US can do something about it . The people need liberation and no one does the job better than the good old marine corps . Or maybe the US can secretly disintegrate it like the USSR .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
great posting, those pictures tell an amazing story

S&F

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Troy, MI......you dont like a flat sea of strip malls and parking lots and people who think they are more important than everybody else? (sarcasm)

I agree

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I thought these pictures were amazing. They are the closest representation of North Korea I have ever seen, and the album gives you just a hint of what horrible conditions the North Koreans are hiding. Each time I read the caption or saw a picture, it was pretty evident that the conditions must be extremely different from what they portray.

As an aside, I thought it was really interesting that the picture of the photographer was shown at the "Great Leader" monument, and that he was wearing a CCCP shirt. CCCP is the cyrillic translation of "USSR," or communist Russia. The photographer, from his site, is anything but a communist, and is using the picture album to show the austere, prison-like existence of communism on living conditions. That means he carefully constructed a communist appearance so he could have a little more "trust" while photographing the country. I doubt he would have been able to get those pics with an American flag or a "Freedom Rules" T-shirt.

Kudos to the photographer for sharing his trip, and star and flag to the poster!

Kyre

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wow, great pics, I have always wondered what it was like in the north.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
God what its like to be a commy
. But on a serious note i think these pictures are great i also like how he wasnt suppose to take photos of certain things yet he did. Not being able to jay walk on empty roads gee how lame

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Gosh, these are incredibly interesting and informative, and it reveals so much about North Korea that most arn't really aware of. Strange how such a nation could still exist in such poor general conditions. You would think, in this day of age, at least someone would've rebelled against the government by now.

But then again, the illusions which this government enforces upon their peoples must run deep.

Great thread overall.

edit on 1-2-2011 by TheTruthSeeker1996 because: more description

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
YAY! Something to which to look forward!
Godspeed Americans! You're going to need it....

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wow... that was something else. A haunting look into a world that is very untouched and untouchable. It's cold and sterile it seems to me. I see the children looking at the camera and wonder what kind of life they will have like a bird that only lives in a cage and never gets to know what it's like to fly where they may...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
This is a really amazing set of pics.

The NK way of life is just unimaginable to me. While I think that America has too many excesses, I cannot imagine living so sparsely, and so attached to questionable propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join