It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Korea, Photos You Haven't Seen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by veryinteresting

looks like all those us trade embargoes are doing their job properly in that video

sorry should say un trade embargoes
edit on 28-1-2011 by lewman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

You obviously didn't bother to watch the entire video or you would have seen food aid being *sold* openly in the markets.

edit on 28-1-2011 by veryinteresting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I fixed the broken link...

[url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8Dcxa3JBWAMJ:www.mrlevek.com/northkorea.htm+

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks so much for fixing the link and yes isnt it crazy we have so much to fear.... what a world

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

N-Korea, what a beautiful country, what a unique country. It seems every Westerner who visits N-Korea goes with the intention of defaming the country, it seems they are programmed that way through the corrupt media.

Just read the comments under each picture, everyone of them is negative.

When I watch the picture, my thoughts are wow, but the commentator's thoughts are about how life is so sh*t in that country.

What a disgrace.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I love the propaganda style murals!
I've always enjoyed those things from last century. I utilize some of the same techniques in a few paintings.

North Korea almost looks like a communist paradise, eh? That was sarcasm.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Interesting pictures, and even more interesting is the comments from the Russian... considering Russia was once a communist country too.

The Korean pictures remind me of what I saw in Russia in 1993. In fact Russia looked almost identical to those pictures, so what's this Russian talking about? He acts like it's shocking or unusual, and chances are he was raised in the very same type of environment.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Most of the pics there were already shown in the TV show "Don't Tell My Mother" TV series of the National Geographic Channel.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sodakota

Trust me, Soviet Russia was nowhere close to being this way. They have a documentary made by the National Geographic Channel about North Korea. I recommend you watch it. These people are absolutely brainwashed.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The pictures were quite interesting. a few things stood out to me....

1. The beaches were beautiful, too bad they are fenced off.

2. It's good that their leader don't think too highly of himself (sarcasm)

3. While we bitch about loosing our freedoms here in America and think we are not living a free lifestyle it could be a lot worse.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The traffic warden looked kinda cute

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

I fixed the broken link...

[url=http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8Dcxa3JBWAMJ:www.mrlevek.com/northkorea.htm+

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Just watched the videos and feel sick to my stomach - I will thank God every day for what I have - this is also happening in China once you get out into the interior - away from the bright lights of the Major ciities which are simply a showcase for the world. Just look at the Genocide they have perpertaited on Tibet. There are other countries too with appauling human rights records - humanity! We should bow our heads in shame!.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

me too... but bow in shame ? never !

China is the largest consumer of opium of which Afghanistan and NK are large suppliers I am sure...

I tell you one thing, no one would like if I was president of United States because my democracy would be rather dictatorial, I can't stand human rights violations and disasters.

somebody needs to oust that bastard of a leader and send in the missionaries, heck even atheism's missionaries if they have any !

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I enjoyed the photo's and the youtube posting. When I was living overseas, the NHK special on T.V. made me think twice about messing with NK. What they don't show you in the videos or photo's is the expansive underground system they have in place if they were invaded. Besides trying to fight a population run by fear and brainwashing is a hard nut to crack. Besides they have had 50+ years to perfect it. While we havn't been doing it very long.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
While looking through the pictures I felt somewhat uneasy. I suppose that is to be expected. Then, suddenly, it came to me. This was an oriental version of "The Truman Show" where everything and everyone seems to be just a little bit "not quite right" if you get my drift.

Anyway thanks for the slide show.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
come to think of it where is Richard Dawkins ?

Last I checked, he didn't have the power to make manna fall from the heavens. I think the better question would be, where's Yahweh?

edit on 29-1-2011 by Torgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hmm..looks like their only about 100 years behind the west....and I liked "the North Koreans are always amazed when they see a white man".

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
People who are interested in North Korea should do some reading.
A good book to start on is North Korea : Nothing to Envy.

The North Korean people are just people like everyone else and are stuck in a fishbowl world where they are fed only the information that the government wants them to have. They barely have the rudimentary necessities to function as a country but that's not the fault of the citizens.

The people make the best of it but they don't have much to work with.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by reatarded

N-Korea, what a beautiful country, what a unique country. It seems every Westerner who visits N-Korea goes with the intention of defaming the country, it seems they are programmed that way through the corrupt media.

Just read the comments under each picture, everyone of them is negative.

When I watch the picture, my thoughts are wow, but the commentator's thoughts are about how life is so sh*t in that country.

What a disgrace.

you're from North Korea aren't you?
second line

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join