It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside North Korea, Photos You Haven't Seen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
With so much attention being focused on North Korea these days, I thought I would post this unusual Photo Opportunity for you to see of some of the country. The original photographer is Mr Levek.Though the link to the North Korea site was up earlier,it appears it has been taken down. Fortunately we have a back up link that you can use here. You really cant help but be moved my these photos. I hope you enjoy seeing these rare photos of a different reality.

www.mrlevek.com...&cd=1&hl=en &ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">LINK FOR PHOTOS

Keep in mind it will take a few moments to load as there are quite many to view.

edit on 28-1-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought that I should add this as well.

The author is Artemii Lebedev, one of the leading web-designers in Russia. He recently went on a trip to DPRK

I don't know how long the link to the photos will remain up so try and catch them while you can.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
these are really informative

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Thanks for posting that.. I'm fascinated by pictures of North Korea. I always watch documentaries about it when I see them on tv... I can't even imagine living a life like that!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Cool... reminds me of America.

Those 15 minutes in the elevator would have been the climax of my journey.

Thanks for the photos.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It really is a different world out there, nice pics

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Im so glad you folks are getting to see these. It really does put things into a different perspective doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I remember watching the Vice travel Guide to North Korea, where the two guys saw the Arirang festival.

it was one of the most surreal things i've ever watched. I can only imagine what it was like firsthand

link   
reply to post by onehuman

Wow!, what fantastic photos, fascinating stuff!!, very rare to see this much insight into north korean life, great post thanks.

link   
fascinating pics. good find. thanks.

you could make a museum exhibit out of them.

looks bleak.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
wow pretty cool to see the inside of a place so restricted

great batch of photos thanks for sharing

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
the strange thing is that it doesnt look nearly as bad as what you would be led to believe. it almost looks like paradise compared to the pictures someone had up of india the other week, where people were swimming with rotten corpses.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Nice pics, thanks for the link OP.

What struck me is that many parts of old Seoul in S. Korea look quite similar to Pyeongyang. It's like being in some kind of time capsule... very bizarre, gave me a weird feeling looking at those photos.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Amazing pictures. It's a shame they won't rise up against their dictators like other nations are right now.

It's such a beautiful country. Such a shame that it's being stolen from the rest of the world, and from its own people.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
These are the first pics I've seen from inside North Korea and surprisingly it doesn't look as bad as thought it would. Don't get me wrong it certainly looks bleak like others have said, I just don't know what I was expecting to see. Thanks for the pics I found them very interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Amazing pictures. It's a shame they won't rise up against their dictators like other nations are right now.

It's such a beautiful country. Such a shame that it's being stolen from the rest of the world, and from its own people.

Well hell you better get the rest of your american buddies and jump in there quick smart !!!! it's about time they had american ideals shoved down their throats like iraq and afghanistan...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Really haunting.. and depressing.

I learned something here.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
first impression...the sterility and lack of emotionality on the part of the citizens. A very "hive" feel about the whole place. Looks clean...but again that feeds into the sterility. The people...those that were caught in the pictures...look the same...kind of like robots going about their programmed business needing permission and paperwork to move from one place to another.

Sad to think this could happen to the US if they do not start changing, not just talking about it, but DOING something about the situation we are in now.

Very interesting photos with a lot of information.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
That is the view of North Korea that they allow outsiders to see. The following video shows a very different scene.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread!

The pictures are truly fascinating.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join