It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasonal Human Hunt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well I was thinking, as I do at least once a day, and I thought if human population control
is such an important issue because we can't sustain the numbers that we have indefinetly,
then perhaps we should have a seasonal human hunt.

You could buy tags, like with other animals, and hunt for people,
of course it owuld have to be for those without the assets to exempt themselves
from the hunt.

Like deer the hunted would have to be of appropriate size, and gender for your tag.

It seems to work for controlling the population of other over populated animals....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
another ats member has gone off the deep end. i think you just made homeland security's must watch list.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
This is "tongue in cheek" I hope.
But considering there is no population problem in the world, except for that which is government made and distrubuted via the media. We have more than enough resources in this world to support twice the current world population IMO.

I guess what I'm saying bottom line, is that overpopulation is an artificial creation.

And I believe your suggestion is already being implemented in the middle east right now. Join the military, and you can go kill some brown skinned people too. Tags included for free.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So, how would the licensed hunters know the difference between exempt and non-exempt people?

Would there be boundries, or could you travel anywhere and be legal?

Would there be weapon limitations? Night hunting? Use of decoys and trapping?

Now, I know there are alot of questions in this post, but they all need to be thought about and rules of some sort must be established.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think there should be one "free day" a year.
That way we can rid our neighborhoods, towns, villages and cities of undesirables.
On the free day, you could kill anyone without repercussions.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The divorce lawyers would profit from this greatly! No need for those costly court expenses. Just get them to anty up some cash for a license!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by akalepos

It is called a democracy.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
Well I was thinking, as I do at least once a day, and I thought if human population control
is such an important issue because we can't sustain the numbers that we have indefinetly,
then perhaps we should have a seasonal human hunt.

You could buy tags, like with other animals, and hunt for people,
of course it owuld have to be for those without the assets to exempt themselves
from the hunt.

Like deer the hunted would have to be of appropriate size, and gender for your tag.

It seems to work for controlling the population of other over populated animals....

Wow :

Enough said?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well sustainability of twice our current populace would require
sacrificing many of our luxuries and comforts.
Now, from personal experience, I doubt many people would be willing to
sacrifice their own comfort to help others.

I'll put it this way, you've all seen homeless people, how many offer to let them stay in your house?

Now if we had tags, there would be no homeless...

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandyWould there be boundries, or could you travel anywhere and be legal?

I think they got this one figured out:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
At least the OP is prepared to put this subject up for discussion. It may be a bit tongue in cheek, but this planet has too many people. Anyone who says otherwise has not read or heard about the millions of people who go without regular food or clean water.

People could also buy the right to be tagged and then become a target for the hunters, and with tagging and scanners, we could ensure that hunters only go after those tagged.

I would say that the hunter can not use any decoys, and should track and hunt their prey.

With some refinement, this idea could work, raise money and reduce the population.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The more i think of it, the more possible it seems. I doubt it could start in a Canada or US,
But in a country like China or Thailand. If it were to happen in the states
it would have to be televised, as in a reality show. I can almost guarentee ther would be veiwers.

The money gained could be used to help in solcial services and healthcare.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well I was thinking, as I do at least once a day

At least once a day. You might want to knock that back a wee bit.

I really hope you're kidding.
Somehow, I'm thinking birth control might be a better option. Then we don't have to overload crematorium ovens and graveyards. Don't even start on the idea of new cookbooks.....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

WOW, ignorance at it's finest, take a look at google maps if you truly think we are running out of space and resources on this planet. Those small dots, between the vast spaces of land, yea those are cities.
edit on 28-1-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Okay so you think mandatory birth control would be a better option. I have to disagree, mandating
peoples right to have children doesn't seem to be a popular option, and would cause riots.
With a hunt there would be a strengthening of the natural selection.*

*Although if the hunt were corrupted by people then it could have a negative impact on the natural selection process.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Actually, if it's hunting two-legged varmints that you like, join the infantry.

Open season, no plug necessary, no limit, and ammunition is free.

It really doesn't get much better than that!

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I didn't say we were running out of space, I said
" to maintain twice the populace people would have to sacrafice their own luxuries and comfort... You've all seen Homeless people, but how many have invited them into your home"

We have lots of room, but we don't have an excess of farmers.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlasIt seems to work for controlling the population of other over populated animals....

It is fairly obvious to me you have never killed another human being; I have, I can tell you it is not something to wish for.

I was a Soldier for 24 years and IMO anyone who would hunt a human being for sport and have the ability to rationalize it and sleep at night would not be the kind of people you would want to have around you.

I don't even hunt large game anymore for the flashback factor the cleaning and gutting process brings to mind.

Killing another human is not a trivial thing for most people - I would do it again of course either in the service or for self defense or defense of another but it is not something I look forward to.

Now if you are talking about a voluntary blood sport type situation with voluntary participants who compete with even odds or something that I think would be something people might condone or even watch on TV. We are not that many steps removed from the bread and circus after all. Of course the rewards would have to be great and I think that we'd just be creating another industry to be manipulated.

However, the hunting of the homeless or poor or unfortunate wouldn't fly.

I say have a means and ability test for procreation first; if you don't pass the intellect and financial requirements - temporary birth control until you do.

Also, if we would just stop sending food aid to the # holes of the earth the population there would reach equilibrium with the food production capability of the region. We are making things worse by sending aid - it’s like feeding strays once they are well fed next thing they do is screw and make more mouths to feed. Stop feeding them and they will reach the correct balance with their environment.

It is our welfare society and charitable natures that have caused the problem - poverty is too comfortable obviously or the poor and stupid would stop having kids they can't support.

While this to some may conflict with my first statements I am not killing them in this case they are killing themselves and their children by breeding in an environment not conducive to population growth. Their problem not mine.

If one can afford 5 kids have them; if you can’t - don’t. It is not my responsibility or that of the state or world for that matter to support them. Watching the kids slowly die might serve as a harsh but necessary reminder that sex = babies and having babies one can’t support is painful and sad.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

Anyone who says otherwise has not read or heard about the millions of people who go without regular food or clean water.

So rather than fix the problem, killem all? That's your solution?
The problem is not the amount of people. The problem is with the ill intent of the people controlling the resources.
People like governments and elitists who think they should choose who eats and who doesn't. Who dies, and who lives. And they have obviously been successful at brainwashing the masses into believing it too.
Overpopulation is a myth. Period.

Hunting human beings is not a new idea. It's still done today. And it's still just as sick as it ever was. There's nothing funny about it. And who gets to decide who falls into the fair game category? You? Me? World leaders?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

...we should have a seasonal human hunt.

...of course it owuld have to be for those without the assets to exempt themselves
from the hunt.

....Like deer the hunted would have to be of appropriate size, and gender for your tag.

...It seems to work for controlling the population of other over populated animals....

Sensationalism is just great for gaining attention on discussion forums, no?

I normally don't reply, as I don't like to fan the flames of the attention "needy".

However the grim position you claim to uphold, if real, is just so malicious that I had to respond.

I put forth that you sir/madam should be one of the first tagged for such an event.

If you feel that would be an effective means of reducing(dickens-esque) the "surplus population", then by all means, hop on in with the herd.

Not too keen to be on the receiving end? No? Awww shucks, well that's why normal humans have EMPATHY. Put yourself in the shoes of one of your theoretical "hunted".

Indeed, what a solution.

Didn't Hitler have a ... "Final Solution" as well?

You sir/ madam, are in horrid company.

Cheers,

X

ETA:

It's good and well to hide behind "theoretical" guise, but if you were really looking at the theory of overpopulation / population control, well I can think of many better ways to posit one's position in a public forum, rather than a "human hunt". An example? Sure here you go:

If we stopped our HUGE weapons spending, heck if we curtailed our weapons spending by say 30% or so, and devoted that to furthering technologies related to manned space exploration / colonization and offered the willing a chance to go and colonize other worlds(the moon, mars etc).......blah blah blah, now that's THEORY that doesn't have a malicious connotation to it. Hard to evoke a "emotional" response when you're not speaking from the theoretical "throne" of a monster.

Furthermore one could examine the theory behind population control/ overpopulation by looking at ways of better dealing with the needs of all people on the planet. Methods of city design that work hand in hand with a true flow of human expansion in harmony with nature and need, not greed.

But again to do so would not be very sensational, would it?

Wouldn't goad others into replying to your "theoretical evil", would it?

So were you really starting this thread to look at the theory of population control / over population? Or were you indeed being sensational and hoping for emotional responses?

Seems clear to me.

X

edit on 28-1-2011 by Xatnys because: further point to be made...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join