It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just What am I Looking at Here? Little Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am putting this in this category,because basically I want to learn more about it. I hope some of you that are more astute on this subject can educate me and maybe others as well to what I am actually looking at here.

This is what the OP of the video put in their description:

LASCO C3, the clear coronagraph picture, has a shutter time of about 19 seconds. 19.1 to be exact. Link - en.wikipedia.org... S.O.H.O. Lasco C3 Download. 27 Jan 2011. Link - sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
The S.O.H.O. camera is situated well outside of Earth's orbit at the Lagrangian point L1 where the two gravity forces of Sun and Earth's meet. It therefore maintains a stable position in Space while orbiting with the Earth around the Sun every 365 days. It is situated at 0.01 AU ( Astronomical Unit ) from Earth. One AU is the distance between Earth and Sun, about 93 million miles. Therefore, I do not think we are looking at satellites as the camera is too far out.
[/quote

This is the video in question obviously:

So are we really seeing something here or is it all just space junk?

If you need the link to the actual video, CLICK HERE

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
My 2 cents. I see nothing that resembles a UFO. I see a bunch of streaks that could easily be passing meteors or other objects. Can't say for sure i'm no expert.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Time elapse photograpy is used here and I suspect that these are errant asteroids. If you'll notice, they give off more light at fairly regular intervels during each exposure indicating that the object is irregular in shape and rotating... i.e. asteroids.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I saw a bunch of meteors, shooting stars, and some comets. Total BS

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Those are mostly debris streaks...

Read about common mistakes made by comet hunters using SOHO LASCO. Whoever made that video isn't fully informed about what they are looking at, so everything to them is special.

Here is more information:
debris

Basically, tiny particles that are very close to the camera are being lit up very brightly by the sun. Because the camera has a long exposure time, the particles show up as streaks even if they are moving slowly across the view.
edit on 28-1-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Pictures like that are frequently posted at Spaceweather.com. Those streaks are usually identified as cosmic rays. They are high-energy photons which knock an electron off of an atom; the electron then leaves an ion trail in its wake across the plane of the sensor.

top topics

join